Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

104-0 14-13 Perspective

Started by Atlhogfan1, October 11, 2014, 08:44:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: jfred59 on October 11, 2014, 09:32:40 pm
First we are all mad because we are tired of losing-period.  Dont tell me rebuilds dont happen quick.  All you have to do is look at Ole Miss, Freeze took over for Nut crying out loud.  We know how he is.  I mean we all have an idea how it is going down at that place and they are going to get hammered soon.  Look at MSU and how they have jumped up quick.  We have an OC that is like 9-34 in his SEC days so he aint gold by any means.  Its frustration and we are all tired of it

Freeze has been at Ole Miss longer than BB has been at Arkansas.

Mullen is in his 6th season and has never had a winning record in the SEC.  They haven't jumped up.  They have allowed Mullen to build their program.

I'm frustrated and disappointed to a point. 

Our OC has not been an SEC OC at programs who were in a good position to have success. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ICEman on October 11, 2014, 09:34:47 pm
The problem with this argument is that Bama has not progressed.

What argument? 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

aar0n

Quote from: jfred59 on October 11, 2014, 09:32:40 pm
First we are all mad because we are tired of losing-period.  Dont tell me rebuilds dont happen quick.  All you have to do is look at Ole Miss, Freeze took over for Nut crying out loud.  We know how he is.  I mean we all have an idea how it is going down at that place and they are going to get hammered soon.  Look at MSU and how they have jumped up quick.  We have an OC that is like 9-34 in his SEC days so he aint gold by any means.  Its frustration and we are all tired of it

Hugh Freeze was 6-6 in 2012, his first season at OM.  His second season he went 7-5.  A better record than ours, but hardly "immediate success."  Dan Mullen has been at Miss St. since 2008 and started out with a 5-7 record, then continued on to go 4-4 in the SEC the next year, a 5-7 overall record the following year, 8-5 the next, and 7-6 the year after.  Hardly anything about that says "immediate turnaround."  Know the facts before you spew your BS.

hawgbawb

We are playing the toughest schedule in the nation. All losses have been to top ten teams, and the improvement is amazing. You bush-leaguer guys need to find a new team.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

JansterZ71

A loss is a loss and BB has lost 15 in a row.   Pretty pathetic no matter how it's spun.  It's record breaking bad.
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: JansterZ71 on October 11, 2014, 09:45:39 pm
A loss is a loss and BB has lost 15 in a row.   Pretty pathetic no matter how it's spun.  It's record breaking bad.

A loss was a loss for AU today too. 

HogMantheIntruder

First, I want to say that Rob Smith should win the Broyles Award. I honestly cannot remember the last time we had a defense this aggressive, that makes this many big plays, and is this good against the pass, and it's only his first year! Great things are on the way.

That being said, I want to know why Cheney decided to call zero running plays when we had the ball with 3:30 left, and all we needed was a field goal. Bama only had a four man front, which I'm preeety sure we could run on. We have the best rushing attack in the country, and we totally abandoned it during crunch time for passes out of the shotgun, which is far from our strong suit. If Cheney does not have an amazing explanation for this Auburn-like game plan in the 4th then I'm jumping on the "we need a new OC bandwagon. And btw, I have been a Cheney supporter/apologist up until this debacle.

I am NOT saying this is all on play calling. We lost because we blew a TON of opportunities, especially in the first half. However, the refs also made some ridiculous calls. The phantom PF against Skipper was simply inexcusable; the official who called that simply made it up.  The TO that Bielema called that "no officials saw", even though he was running through the middle of the field, waiving his arms and screaming, resulted in the winning touchdown. Then to add insult to injury, we were robbed of our final possession when they decided to ignore the penalty and putting the time we should have had by rule.

The one group I will not criticize is our players. They have heart to spare, and I am proud to call myself a fan of this team.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon