Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

104-0 14-13 Perspective

Started by Atlhogfan1, October 11, 2014, 08:44:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlhogfan1

No reason to be calling for firings or going after players.  The program is improving.  That was one of the best defensive efforts we have had in decades.  You won't find many better performances.

We are missing depth and pieces.  Our current qb will not be here when this rebuild is finished. 

I understand the disappointment.  We lost to a better team but had chances to have won it. 

Our fan base cannot handle this rebuild.  It isn't going to get dramatically better soon.  I'm not sure why so many are expecting it to just happen and we are going to start winning.  This was never going to happen quickly.  But then again, this is the fan base that supported Nutt for at least 8 years with many still supporting him and ripped at our basketball program for 9 years insisting on only one coach. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

3kgthog

I can see progress, but that ain't the same Bama. No one can deny that. Their QB is a poor man's Sorahan.

HoggieStyle

I don't think anybody seriously expects it to get better soon. We're just tired of waiting. This goes all the way back to Nutt's last couple of seasons and the frustration surrounding the debacle with Gus, MM, Frank, White, etc. Petrino has some success and then loses his marbles and we get John L. Smith's "lost year". The "rebuild" has been re-started 3 times in not very many years. That's what has made it so difficult. For the record, I think BB will have success but it's going to be another year.

And we really need a gamer at QB.

farmhawg

Quote from: 3kgthog on October 11, 2014, 08:47:21 pm
I can see progress, but that ain't the same Bama. No one can deny that. Their QB is a poor man's Sorahan.
ssshhhh, you will ruin all the excuses.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

hogpc

Bryant Disciple

October 11, 2014, 08:50:15 pm #5 Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 09:16:44 pm by Bryant Disciple
Great game by the Hogs. Bielema has things moving in the right direction.

And I also agree this isn't the same Bama. This is Saban's weakest team since 2007.

Tejas_Pete

Moral victory. Bama had one of their worst games in years we couldn't even get our extra point team to perform.

Atlhogfan1

Should have known the first reply would be this isn't the same Bama.  No darn. 

This is still a very good Bama defense with very good RBs, an athletic qb, great TE and wr.  They may be down a little.  That is still a deep and talented team. 

Quote from: farmhawg on October 11, 2014, 08:48:51 pm
ssshhhh, you will ruin all the excuses.

No excuses.  We made mistakes and ended up losing to a better team who made mistakes.  We dominated statistically but couldn't run our offense consistently and didn't have a passing game to go to when the run was shut down. 

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

JonClaudeVanHam

We could beat the 94 Cornhuskers and you would bitch and whine about how many yards they got.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Tejas_Pete on October 11, 2014, 08:50:22 pm
Moral victory. Bama had one of their worst games in years we couldn't even get our extra point team to perform.

No moral victory. 
Quote from: Bryant Disciple on October 11, 2014, 08:50:15 pm
Great game by the Hogs. Bielama has things moving in the right direction.

And I also agree this isn't the same Bama. This is Saban's weakest team since 2007.

What I said last week. 

S.A.D.C

That Bama team is not good.  Not good at all- but their defense can still play. 

The progress here is remarkable.  If I told you after last year'a Alabama game that we would lose this year by 1 point and actually out play them you would have told me I was crazy- no matter how "down" they are.

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: Tejas_Pete on October 11, 2014, 08:50:22 pm

Yes, Bama played bad. And that has nothing to do with our defense, right? Right. Get your head out of your ass.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HoggieStyle on October 11, 2014, 08:48:38 pm
I don't think anybody seriously expects it to get better soon. We're just tired of waiting. This goes all the way back to Nutt's last couple of seasons and the frustration surrounding the debacle with Gus, MM, Frank, White, etc. Petrino has some success and then loses his marbles and we get John L. Smith's "lost year". The "rebuild" has been re-started 3 times in not very many years. That's what has made it so difficult. For the record, I think BB will have success but it's going to be another year.

And we really need a gamer at QB.

I'm with you.  It sucks but unfortunately there isn't a quick answer.  AA, Peavey, Storey, KJ Hill, Gragg - competition and depth is coming. 

Tejas_Pete

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on October 11, 2014, 08:52:33 pm
Yes, Bama played bad. And that has nothing to do with our defense, right? Right. Get your head out of your ass.

Accept reality that BB is only capable of building a stable program and beating teams with less talent. Only works in the Big 10.

The real Hogules

How about this for perspective - a loss by one point is STILL a loss.                   
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

farmhawg

Quote from: The real Hogules on October 11, 2014, 08:55:55 pm
That's deep.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: The real Hogules on October 11, 2014, 08:55:55 pm

No darn. 

Iwastherein1969

no QB who played for the local HS team should ever take the field again....ever...if we cannot find a QB talented and smart enough to play for us from elsewhere, we'll continue to be the 'close but no cigar' team that we've become
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

DeltaBoy

WE LOST AGAIN AND FAILED TO  WIN WE SHOULD HAVE.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

farmhawg

October 11, 2014, 08:58:19 pm #19 Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 09:11:37 pm by farmhawg
Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on October 11, 2014, 08:51:21 pm
We could beat the 94 Cornhuskers and you would bitch and whine about how many yards they got.
We could lose to the citadel and you would claim we are improving.....
From theflyinghog

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: farmhawg on October 11, 2014, 08:58:19 pm
We could lose to tbe citadel and you would claim we are improving.....
wow, the CITADEL reference cuts a deep wound
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Southpaw Hawg

All of you "moral victory" people make me sick.  I bet you all grew up in a community where everyone got a "participation" trophy for playing sports.  We lost yet again when we had opportunities to win.  Deal with it and save the "we are improving" talk for a fan base that gives a damn because that's not who we are!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Southpaw Hawg on October 11, 2014, 09:03:32 pm
All of you "moral victory" people make me sick.  I bet you all grew up in a community where everyone got a "participation" trophy for playing sports.  We lost yet again when we had opportunities to win.  Deal with it and save the "we are improving" talk for a fan base that gives a damn because that's not who we are!

I agree on the fan base. 

moses_007

Arkansas fans are mad as hell and can't take it any more!!!

Bardicer

Quote from: Tejas_Pete on October 11, 2014, 08:55:14 pm
Accept reality that BB is only capable of building a stable program and beating teams with less talent. Only works in the Big 10.

This is one of the most asinine posts I've seen on any board ever.

farmhawg

Quote from: Bardicer on October 11, 2014, 09:11:29 pm
You haven't been around much.
From theflyinghog

LRAFBHog

Quote from: Bryant Disciple on October 11, 2014, 08:50:15 pm
Great game by the Hogs. Bielama has things moving in the right direction.

Well, just how long is Bielama gonna go in the RIGHT DIRECTION???  How long do we Hogville members have to read this d*** excuse every week?????

ChicoHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 11, 2014, 08:51:03 pm
Should have known the first reply would be this isn't the same Bama.  No darn. 

This is still a very good Bama defense with very good RBs, an athletic qb, great TE and wr.  They may be down a little.  That is still a deep and talented team. 

No excuses.  We made mistakes and ended up losing to a better team who made mistakes.  We dominated statistically but couldn't run our offense consistently and didn't have a passing game to go to when the run was shut down. 

Correct.  Their D is real good.  Offensively they are very average at best although I would like to think our D had something to do with their poor performance.  Their QB made some plays with his feet which I wish our QB would do more often.  We could not run very well against them but they could not run against us either.  Nice job defense. 

JonClaudeVanHam

Uh, sure.

You're blind if you cannot see improvement with this team.

SouthFloridaHog

Wait until the season is over..... lmao
Is it duck season?

three hog night

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 11, 2014, 08:44:23 pm
No reason to be calling for firings or going after players.  The program is improving.  That was one of the best defensive efforts we have had in decades.  You won't find many better performances.

We are missing depth and pieces.  Our current qb will not be here when this rebuild is finished. 

I understand the disappointment.  We lost to a better team but had chances to have won it. 

Our fan base cannot handle this rebuild.  It isn't going to get dramatically better soon.  I'm not sure why so many are expecting it to just happen and we are going to start winning.  This was never going to happen quickly.  But then again, this is the fan base that supported Nutt for at least 8 years with many still supporting him and ripped at our basketball program for 9 years insisting on only one coach.

Amen brutha.   I love this team and the progress.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

Tejas_Pete

Look at his stats. I said it when we hired him, he's never gonna be relevant in the SEC.

farmhawg

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on October 11, 2014, 09:17:20 pm
Uh, sure.

You're blind if you cannot see improvement with this team.
Prove it with wins....
From theflyinghog

Bryant Disciple

Quote from: LRAFBHog on October 11, 2014, 09:15:57 pm
Well, just how long is Bielama gonna go in the RIGHT DIRECTION???  How long do we Hogville members have to read this d*** excuse every week?????

I understand the frustration, but the difference in this game was a PAT! From 52-0 to a PAT in one year. Saban called Arkansas the most improved team in the country.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 11, 2014, 09:16:29 pm
Correct.  Their D is real good.  Offensively they are very average at best although I would like to think our D had something to do with their poor performance.  Their QB made some plays with his feet which I wish our QB would do more often.  We could not run very well against them but they could not run against us either.  Nice job defense.

I said during the Florida game, actually the Sugar Bowl when he was a "consultant", that LK would change their identity and team for the worse.  Bama looks lost offensively. 

They took away our strength.  We made some passing plays that I didn't know if we were capable of making.  The gift early was our chance for the upset and we came up a foot short. 

There were a few times I thought BA could make a play and then Bama defenders closed that space quickly.  That is a tough defense to face when you are one dimensional and that dimension is your weakness. 

BigChief14

Quote from: moses_007 on October 11, 2014, 09:09:25 pm
Arkansas fans are mad as hell and can't take it any more!!!

YEA! But I can't do a dang thing about it and neither can you.
So, kiss your wife, hug your kids, thank God you have your health and your family and cheer for the Hogs next Saturday!!

passinghog

Understood. Great effort, the defense is making strides, that is easy and clear to see.

I just think this should be another clear signal that sometimes a kid just isn't good enough. Some players just have a ceiling. Sometimes an experienced kid isn't capable of getting it done in the big leagues. In baseball, there are guys that are just career minor-leaguers.  Sometimes it doesn't matter how many opportunities you get, or how much experience you get, because sometimes...you're not a difference maker. Hard to make strides when your starting qb isn't a difference maker though.

hawgbawb

We are so improved and I am proud of the team's effort. I see a bowl game coming this year.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Showtimehog on October 11, 2014, 09:22:11 pm
Understood. Great effort, the defense is making strides, that is easy and clear to see.

I just think this should be another clear signal that sometimes a kid just isn't good enough. Some players just have a ceiling. Sometimes an experienced kid isn't capable of getting it done in the big leagues. In baseball, there are guys that are just career minor-leaguers.  Sometimes it doesn't matter how many opportunities you get, or how much experience you get, because sometimes...you're not a difference maker. Hard to make strides when your starting qb isn't a difference maker though.

He may very well not be good enough.  We have no depth and competition at the position.  Why continue to harp on something that can't be fixed immediately? 

three hog night

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 11, 2014, 09:21:42 pm
I said during the Florida game, actually the Sugar Bowl when he was a "consultant", that LK would change their identity and team for the worse.  Bama looks lost offensively. 

They took away our strength.  We made some passing plays that I didn't know if we were capable of making.  The gift early was our chance for the upset and we came up a foot short. 

There were a few times I thought BA could make a play and then Bama defenders closed that space quickly.  That is a tough defense to face when you are one dimensional and that dimension is your weakness.

Bama has a serious Def front 4 that worked over our Oline at times.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

jcharkansas

Truth, that Bama team is no where near the last few years of Bama teams

Tejas_Pete

bphi11ips

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 11, 2014, 09:21:42 pm

Arkansas played one helluva game tonight. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

BassinHawg

All are losses, Bama is not that good this year!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

aar0n

Still an Alabama team with 4 and 5 star athletes at basically every position, top 5 recruiting over the last decade, and a head coach that's been in place 4 times longer than ours.  But let's keep playing on the fact that they're not as good as they were when they were a national championship team, which they weren't last year either when they pummeled us 52-0, or in 2010 when they marched in here and beat our stacked Bobby Petrino coached squad. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 11, 2014, 09:25:18 pm
Arkansas played one helluva game tonight.

I agree.  Unfortunately it makes me think of 89 vs Miami with tonight's dropped int's. 

BOAR_N2BWILD

You really call loosing to Alabama and Auburn in the same league as loosing to the Citadel? If you can't see improvement you should consider pulling your head out of somewhere it should not be.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

jfred59

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 11, 2014, 08:44:23 pm

First we are all mad because we are tired of losing-period.  Dont tell me rebuilds dont happen quick.  All you have to do is look at Ole Miss, Freeze took over for Nut crying out loud.  We know how he is.  I mean we all have an idea how it is going down at that place and they are going to get hammered soon.  Look at MSU and how they have jumped up quick.  We have an OC that is like 9-34 in his SEC days so he aint gold by any means.  Its frustration and we are all tired of it

aar0n

Quote from: Tejas_Pete on October 11, 2014, 09:19:00 pm
Look at his stats. I said it when we hired him, he's never gonna be relevant in the SEC.

Pretty sure we are already pretty damn relevant, even with our losses mounting.  We've shown that NO team, no matter how good they are or highly ranked, will walk away from us with an easy win, and you better not sleep on the Hogs.  And that's already more than we can say for the last 2 seasons. 

ICEman

The problem with this argument is that Bama has not progressed.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."