Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For those of you blaming BA

Started by Lake City Hog, October 11, 2014, 08:40:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffSpicoli

Quote from: cypert2 on October 11, 2014, 08:50:18 pm
I'm afraid he will be.
If he continues to progress as much as he has over the past year, he'll be all right next year.

Country Stylz

Quote from: Lake City Hog on October 11, 2014, 08:40:40 pm
For those of you blaming BA and/or lack of execution, DON'T!!!!!

This game was lost on the kickoff after we scored to take the lead. We try a sky kick and they wind up with the ball on the 35 and wind up punting from the 40ish. We get pinned deep AGAIN and go 3 and out. They get the ball back with a SHORT field and the rest is history. This game was a heavy weight bout and our coach blinked first.

Until our coaches believe that we can win a game heads up we won't. We absolutely have to quit playing cute! Saban played the odds and field position, we tried to get cute in a critical position and it cost us.
Brandon Allen is Casey Dick.2. If you cant see that quit watching football. Chaney's fattarse is horrible as well.

judd7869

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: bpoecell on October 11, 2014, 08:51:59 pm
Really? You guys are going to blame Allen? Not our running game? Not our offensive line that's larger than any in college football? Not our running backs who are supposed to be better than any in the SEC? Allen throws for 245 when our running game is non-existent AND YOU'RE BLAMING HIM? Dumbest fans in the country. Unbelievable.

Not just BA.  Blame the whole passing game.  It's incompetent.  That's why we can't run it as the game progresses. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

David†

Quote from: hogpc on October 11, 2014, 08:52:48 pm
I'm not blaming BA but there's no doubt he didn't get it done in the clutch tonight.  He repeatedly missed receivers in 4th quarter drives.  I am not going to bash him but neither am I going to ignore the subpar play of our QB - especially when it counts most. We had multiple chances tonight in the 4th quarter because our D played superbly.  But, we could not make the passing plays, and from what I saw, our poor passing performance was due in large part to our QB.

98hogs

For those blaming B A. Realize he is not Ryan or Tyler or Mitch.  Or Clint. Or Matt. Or ........ Add here

moses_007

Quote from: Kevin on October 11, 2014, 08:45:28 pm
Notice when anytime it is winning time, he never comes through
Well said.  He doesn't get it done in crunch time.

thirtythree

this is the teams fault. recover to miscues and drop 2 picks! we got ZERO points off of those. Alabama tried to hand this game to us and we wouldn't let them.

This team has got to learn to take advantage of these or we will be in trouble a lot more.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

face it, he's 0-15 in the SEC the last two seasons.  Those are the facts.  He's an ok QB.  His last throw of the  game sums up his SEC talent as a QB.

hawgdan

For those of you that blame BA for this should be ashamed. BA is the best QB we have and gives everything he has for this team.    While most of you are setting at home eating marsh mellows, he is working his arse off trying to help this team win and make you fans happy.   

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Lake City Hog on October 11, 2014, 08:53:00 pm
Did BA fumble the sure TD pass in the first quarter? Did BA fumble the ball setting Bama up deep in our territory? Did BA call the 4th and inches play that FAILED so miserably? Did BA call for the sky kick after we scored to take the lead?

If most of you had been told that BA would pass for 250 yards and 1TD(should have been 2) you would have been singing his praises. But, since we lost and most of you absolutely REFUSE to place ANY, not 1 iota of blame on the coaching staff BA becomes the worst QB in Razorback history.

Stupid, Stupid people!

He didn't do any of those things, but he's not a guy that can bridge the gap in a close game against a good team.  It's never all on a single player. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

pigbacon

Keep recruiting CBB. Bama begged us to take it and we couldn't capitalize on their mishaps. Need some true gamers.

julie

Quote from: bacon lover on October 11, 2014, 08:43:35 pm
This team is lacking a playmaker at QB!

This.  He just doesn't have it at QB.  We need a QB that will help open up our running game and if he can't do that then we need a QB who can pass and check down his receivers.....

Pigstie

The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

Hogmeier

Quote from: Lake City Hog on October 11, 2014, 08:53:00 pm
Did BA fumble the sure TD pass in the first quarter? Did BA fumble the ball setting Bama up deep in our territory? Did BA call the 4th and inches play that FAILED so miserably? Did BA call for the sky kick after we scored to take the lead?

If most of you had been told that BA would pass for 250 yards and 1TD(should have been 2) you would have been singing his praises. But, since we lost and most of you absolutely REFUSE to place ANY, not 1 iota of blame on the coaching staff BA becomes the worst QB in Razorback history.

Stupid, Stupid people!

Damn! The way you put it, BA could have won this game all by himself...so, why didn't the hogs win?

HogPound

Quote from: Pigstie on October 11, 2014, 08:56:44 pm
Way to contribute.

As opposed to 90% of the boneheads posting tonight blaming one player??? Ok.

Airforcehawg

Quote from: Lake City Hog on October 11, 2014, 08:46:10 pm
Does Collins get any blame for setting up their 1st TD? Nope! Let's all pile on BA.
Stupid people type stupid things.

The difference is, that is one play for a guy who is constantly one of the best players on the team...not constantly poor play from one of the most important positions on the field. The problem with BA is once he gets pressured and hit the first time he changes as a QB. He starts to get happy feet and begins to stare down his receivers and that kills our passing game

julie

Quote from: HogPound on October 11, 2014, 08:57:53 pm

We are not blaming one player.  We are pointing out a weak position that just happens to be one of the more important positions on the field.

Lake City Hog

So if BA is a terrible QB for being 0-15 against the SEC what does that mean for BB? Or, does he not get judged by the same measure?

Stupid, Stupid people.

BrokenArrowHogs

As bad as BA played in key moments, we gotta call out Chaney too.  He just isn't getting it done with it counts either.  Best SEC rushing team and he goes totally passing?  I get passing when we have to, or late when you need it and have to score fast, but some draws and delays work too.  There was time on the clock to mix pass/run on several of those late series.  Made it easy on Bama at the end.  They would take the chance to defend our passing game with no effort to run every day of the week. 

Ex-Trumpet

Blaming BA is ludicrous.  However, burying your head in the sand and not recognizing a deer in headlights is ludicrous, too.

Don't forget, without BA's play earlier in the game, we wouldn't have even had a shot!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

The real Hogules

Quote from: hawgdan on October 11, 2014, 08:56:07 pm
For those of you that blame BA for this should be ashamed. BA is the best QB we have and gives everything he has for this team.    While most of you are setting at home eating marsh mellows, he is working his arse off trying to help this team win and make you fans happy.   

It only helps, if it helps.
Just trying to help no longer cuts the mustard!
I'm trying to cut him some slack, but as you can plainly see trying isn't nearly as good as accomplishing!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Pigstie

Quote from: HogPound on October 11, 2014, 08:57:53 pm
Never said he was only one to blame. Nice try though.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

hehawg

A quarterback is the team leader in most situations. After watching closeup shots on the 70" tonight the ephipony hit. Brandon is coming up short of being this teams leader. So many instances his emotions was right on his shoulders. His facial expressions were that of a very frustrated qb. Having this mentality the hogs will be stuck at a crossroads until he either steps up or someone else fills the void
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

HogPound

Hog fans.

Gripe if we lose 52-0.
Gripe if we lose by 1.
Gripe if we win by 1.

Love our fans.

The_Iceman

We passed for 240 frickin yards against Bama. Go back and look at Mallett and Wilson's numbers.

Where are the complaints about Alex Collins and his lack of performance?

ICEman

I was more upset that our 330 lb O-line couldn't get any push against the 40 lb per man deficit Bama defense.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

colavito

I don't blame BA.  He's a good kid but just in way over his head.  No matter how much he improves day by day, week by week, game by game, he was never and will never will be an SEC caliber QB.

HogPound

Quote from: colavito on October 11, 2014, 09:02:08 pm
I don't blame BA.  He's a good kid but just in way over his head.  No matter how much he improves day by day, week by week, game by game, he was never and will never will be an SEC caliber QB.

Typical NWA athlete. Sadly.

julie

Quote from: Lake City Hog on October 11, 2014, 08:59:10 pm
So if BA is a terrible QB for being 0-15 against the SEC what does that mean for BB? Or, does he not get judged by the same measure?

Stupid, Stupid people.

A team is only as strong as its weakest player.  BA is not SEC caliber QB.

The Pulse

This one wasn't on Brandon Allen. BA played a well as a Jim Chaney coached QB could possibly play in his pathetic offense.

julie

Quote from: hehawg on October 11, 2014, 09:01:09 pm
A quarterback is the team leader in most situations. After watching closeup shots on the 70" tonight the ephipony hit. Brandon is coming up short of being this teams leader. So many instances his emotions was right on his shoulders. His facial expressions were that of a very frustrated qb. Having this mentality the hogs will be stuck at a crossroads until he either steps up or someone else fills the void

This.  I hate watching his body language throughout game and his facial expressions.   He is a defeatist.  I think even he doesn't believe he can do it.

HogPound

Quote from: The Pulse on October 11, 2014, 09:03:54 pm
This one wasn't on Brandon Allen. BA played a well as a Jim Chaney coached QB could possibly play in his pathetic offense.

Bobby is looking for Louisville fans.

Airforcehawg

Quote from: ICEman on October 11, 2014, 09:01:56 pm
I was more upset that our 330 lb O-line couldn't get any push against the 40 lb per man deficit Bama defense.
Bama had been giving up 40 something rushing yards going into the game tonight and we had already doubled that midway in the 3rd when we abandon the run.

lilredheadedlady

Quote from: Lake City Hog on October 11, 2014, 08:59:10 pm

Stupid, Stupid people.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but 2 years in Houston Nutt's record would be an improvement.  Those are facts.  I keep hoping we are going in the right direction but the W/L record doesn't prove that out.
I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

SurfnSun

I don't have the stat...how many 3rd and long completions/conversions did BA make tonight?

I will be happy when we move on.  I don't think he's an SEC quarterback, but think blaming him for this loss is crazy. 

Horthawg

Once a Hog-ALWAYS A HOG!

SurfnSun

Quote from: lilredheadedlady on October 11, 2014, 09:05:17 pm
I can't believe I'm saying this, but 2 years in Houston Nutt's record would be an improvement.  Those are facts.  I keep hoping we are going in the right direction but the W/L record doesn't prove that out.

Go back and compare the remainder of the SEC west then vs now.   The East was the powerhouse back then.  The west is absolutely nuts this year.

jacobp

hard to do a whole lot when you're WR's can't get any separation.

The INT, he was just trying to make a play. If he throws that ball away its still going to be 4th and 10.

hehawg

Quote from: HogPound on October 11, 2014, 09:01:18 pm
Hog fans.

Gri. pe if we lose 52-0.
Gripe if we lose by 1.
Gripe if we win by 1.

Love our fans.

No, when you clearly watch points being left on the field you have a very good reason to Gripe. No need in sugar coating this loss fans are getting accustomed to it
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

JigNPig

Allen outplayed Blake Sims ... statistically.  (And for that matter many other D1 qbacks playing Bama)

The problem is .. when Bama needed a drive ... Sims and Bama got it done.  Allen, the wide receivers and Coach Chaney could not.  Neither did the running backs.  Fans are still waiting to see Allen make a play when it matters.

Rather than blaming Allen ... let's share the blame..... 1.  2 dropped interceptions, 2. fumble by Collins settng up Bama score, 3. fumble by Walker out of the end zone for a touch back negating a probable touchdown, 4. poor snap and botched field goal try, 5. special teams line for allowing extra point to be blocked, 6.  Allen's lack of clutch play ability in the 4th quarter, 7.  the wide receivers inability to get open, 8. O-Line and J Will's inability to convert a critical 4th down and 1 in the 4th quarter.  I'm sure there are more....

D played much better than could be expected.  O moved the ball.  Just came up short.  Too many mistakes including more turnovers than Bama.

Go Hogs! :razorback:
Go Hogs!  Woooooo Pig Sooie!

BigChief14

Quote from: hawgdan on October 11, 2014, 08:56:07 pm

This x10!
How far did any of you make it playing? ( or coaching) That's what I thought.

jfred59

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 11, 2014, 08:51:58 pm
Relax, we're finally going to get our first SEC win next week.

How much you putting on that one?  With out luck Gurley get reinstated and runs  wild

SurfnSun

Quote from: jacobp on October 11, 2014, 09:07:28 pm

The INT, he was just trying to make a play. If he throws that ball away its still going to be 4th and 10.

Don't go bring fact or logic into the middle of some perfectly ignorant rants!

In some peoples minds we would've gone for it on fourth and 10 and scored a touchdown despite not having been able to move the ball the entire second half.

azhog10

Quote from: Lake City Hog on October 11, 2014, 08:40:40 pm
For those of you blaming BA and/or lack of execution, DON'T!!!!!

This game was lost on the kickoff after we scored to take the lead. We try a sky kick and they wind up with the ball on the 35 and wind up punting from the 40ish. We get pinned deep AGAIN and go 3 and out. They get the ball back with a SHORT field and the rest is history. This game was a heavy weight bout and our coach blinked first.

Until our coaches believe that we can win a game heads up we won't. We absolutely have to quit playing cute! Saban played the odds and field position, we tried to get cute in a critical position and it cost us.
youve got to be joking!! This game was lost by Kody Walker, Alan Turner, the other DB that dropped the INT, our line on the field goal unit, the long snapper, and BA def attributed with his poor reads and lack of accuracy.

TMc

Quote from: Granny fan on October 11, 2014, 08:44:49 pm
I REALLY hope he is not the starter next year.  I'm sure we are going to have to suffer through the rest of this year with him, though!

I hope you're right.., but I have a feeling he will be.

lilredheadedlady

Quote from: SurfnSun on October 11, 2014, 09:06:55 pm
Go back and compare the remainder of the SEC west then vs now.   The East was the powerhouse back then.  The west is absolutely nuts this year.

No. I get that.  But even still, I'd take those seasons over what we've had to put up with the last 2 or so years.  I was glad to see Nutt go, but I never thought we'd get knocked so low...

I truly hope I get proven wrong.  Because BB isn't going anywhere any time soon.  He can't leave unless he wins and we can't get rid of him because we can't afford it.  Our destinies are tied together.
I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

Airforcehawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 11, 2014, 09:01:46 pm
We passed for 240 frickin yards against Bama. Go back and look at Mallett and Wilson's numbers.

Where are the complaints about Alex Collins and his lack of performance?

Hard to do anything when one of the SEC top Rb's only gets 6 touches in the game.

Harleigh Hog

Quote from: BrokenArrowHogs on October 11, 2014, 08:48:16 pm
I have tried to keep an open mind about BA, and wanted to see the kid prove people wrong.  But, I have seen enough.  He may be the best option this season and help win a game or two a freshman might not win, but he is a SEC backup-level QB talent all things considered.  The game tape doesn't lie.  We have enough game tape on him to know what he is and what he isn't.  AR will not beat the best in the SEC with the level of QB play he has brought.  The truth hurts. 

I think its time to rotate in another QB several series a game and see how they do.  BA can start and play if he is rolling, but it is time to see if one of these other kids can be more clutch and make plays. 
[/quote

You said it exactly.

The grade school defensive strategy against us is to sell out to stop the run and make the passing game beat you.  It hasn't happened since BA has been the starter. If we can't dominate using the run (which we won't do in the SEC) we can't win. I'm not a BA basher, but I am a master of the obvious!  I think it's time to move forward with the next QB, this team is talented enough to be bowl eligible this year but I'm afraid we have hit our ceiling with BA under center.

lightsout

Quote from: colavito on October 11, 2014, 09:02:08 pm

This. I don't think he's a bad kid or lacks effort. His ability is just light millennia behind any shell of a legitimate QB in the SEC.