Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For those of you blaming BA

Started by Lake City Hog, October 11, 2014, 08:40:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lake City Hog

For those of you blaming BA and/or lack of execution, DON'T!!!!!

This game was lost on the kickoff after we scored to take the lead. We try a sky kick and they wind up with the ball on the 35 and wind up punting from the 40ish. We get pinned deep AGAIN and go 3 and out. They get the ball back with a SHORT field and the rest is history. This game was a heavy weight bout and our coach blinked first.

Until our coaches believe that we can win a game heads up we won't. We absolutely have to quit playing cute! Saban played the odds and field position, we tried to get cute in a critical position and it cost us.

Ex-Trumpet

Our special teams made almost as many mistakes tonight as Bama's.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

HoggieStyle

Yeah...because we didn't run any more plays after that kickoff....

Kevin

Yeah, cause he is an Arkansas kid, you cannot blame him
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

jimmur74

Or....how about when we are running in for a TD and drop the ball without any reason! and no the defender didn't knock it out. He dropped it

ICEman

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 11, 2014, 08:41:41 pm
Our special teams made almost as many mistakes tonight as Bama's.
The difference is that we had 336 hours to curtail our mistakes and Bama did not.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

bacon lover

This team is lacking a playmaker at QB!

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Bubba's Bruisers

We are young, lacking much depth, and don't have a passing game.  That's why we lost.

The bright side is the defense is a major encouragement. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Knot2brite

Can we blame some of the other players for not being tall enough or short enough becAuse several passes either sailed over their heads or bounced at their feet
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Lake City Hog

Have any of you figured out yet that Alabama scored twice, and BOTH times it was when they had a short field???

Naw!! let's blame a player again.

Porkem

"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

Granny fan

I REALLY hope he is not the starter next year.  I'm sure we are going to have to suffer through the rest of this year with him, though!

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

LJHOG

Quote from: Lake City Hog on October 11, 2014, 08:40:40 pm
For those of you blaming BA and/or lack of execution, DON'T!!!!!

This game was lost on the kickoff after we scored to take the lead. We try a sky kick and they wind up with the ball on the 35 and wind up punting from the 40ish. We get pinned deep AGAIN and go 3 and out. They get the ball back with a SHORT field and the rest is history. This game was a heavy weight bout and our coach blinked first.

Until our coaches believe that we can win a game heads up we won't. We absolutely have to quit playing cute! Saban played the odds and field position, we tried to get cute in a critical position and it cost us.
How could you see him blink?  He had his head up his ^*&.

3kgthog

Kevin

Notice when anytime it is winning time, he never comes through
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

lightsout

Quote from: Knot2brite on October 11, 2014, 08:44:16 pm
Can we blame some of the other players for not being tall enough or short enough becAuse several passes either sailed over their heads or bounced at their feet

THIS, THIS, THIS!!!!!

Tejas_Pete

With the game on the line, BA look completely scared and couldn't even complete a simple slant pass.

artyhog

Lake City Hog

Does Collins get any blame for setting up their 1st TD? Nope! Let's all pile on BA.
Stupid people type stupid things.

ICEman

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on October 11, 2014, 08:44:10 pm
We are young, lacking much depth, and don't have a passing game.  That's why we lost.

The bright side is the defense is a major encouragement. 
Out QB has far more SEC experience than Bama's.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

HogPound

We left 11 points off the board.

Two special teams mishaps.
One fumble at the 1 yard line resulting in touchback.

We score on a Brandon Allen pass and run by jwill. Defense kept us in the game with a poor Alabama offense.

I'm not making excuses for BA But Brandon doesn't have go to, game changing WRs.

wachhog

Quote from: Kevin on October 11, 2014, 08:42:40 pm
Yeah, cause he is an Arkansas kid, you cannot blame him
Here's betting the man who recruited him would have made a serviceable quarterback out of him.  Don't bash the kids who play their hearts out.  Bash the coaching staff who is getting millions for not making winners out of them. This has gotten beyond old.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Kevin on October 11, 2014, 08:45:28 pm
Notice when anytime it is winning time, he never comes through

He's a game manager at the very best.  Game managers aren't capable of winning it...only not losing it.  Still doesn't have much of a support cast. 

LJHOG

BA does what he can with what he has.  We don't have a legit SEC quality WR.  And our o-line doesn't pass protect all that well.  But, why he didn't run for the first down tonight instead of throwing it at #83's feet I just don't know.

BrokenArrowHogs

I have tried to keep an open mind about BA, and wanted to see the kid prove people wrong.  But, I have seen enough.  He may be the best option this season and help win a game or two a freshman might not win, but he is a SEC backup-level QB talent all things considered.  The game tape doesn't lie.  We have enough game tape on him to know what he is and what he isn't.  AR will not beat the best in the SEC with the level of QB play he has brought.  The truth hurts. 

I think its time to rotate in another QB several series a game and see how they do.  BA can start and play if he is rolling, but it is time to see if one of these other kids can be more clutch and make plays. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ICEman on October 11, 2014, 08:46:17 pm
Out QB has far more SEC experience than Bama's.

True talent > bunch of experience.

Idahog

Quote from: Tejas_Pete on October 11, 2014, 08:45:41 pm
With the game on the line, BA look completely scared and couldn't even complete a simple slant pass.

Exactly.  BA is no field Marshall,  can't depend on him in crunch time.  See every close game since Rutgers.
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

bacon lover

I'm sure all defences know the only pass he can throw is the 10 yard curl to the side line.

Pigstie

Quote from: Lanny on October 11, 2014, 08:43:44 pm
Not a fan of BA
I'm not either Lanny.....and I've been bashed on here for it for 2 yrs. He's a good tough kid but not an sec qb. If he's the best we have, next season will be very similar.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

elviscat

Brandon, is not a SEC QB. He reacts poorly in big situation and he is like a deer in with head light shinning in his eyes, he doesn't know what to do. He cost us this game tonight. He could not execute in nearly every critical situation.

David†

Allen isn't capable of a come from behind win.

lilredheadedlady

I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

The real Hogules

Quote from: Lake City Hog on October 11, 2014, 08:46:10 pm
Does Collins get any blame for setting up their 1st TD? Nope! Let's all pile on BA.
Stupid people type stupid things.

Don't be so hard on yourself, keep at it and you'll improve.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Letsroll1200

It's a tough loss and you have to face it. BA is playing his best ball but it's not good enough. If we can't beat that bama team than it's going to be hard in the future. Maybe next week

Pigstie

Quote from: HogPound on October 11, 2014, 08:47:03 pm
We left 11 points off the board.

Two special teams mishaps.
One fumble at the 1 yard line resulting in touchback.

We score on a Brandon Allen pass and run by jwill. Defense kept us in the game with a poor Alabama offense.

I'm not making excuses for BA But Brandon doesn't have go to, game changing WRs.
I quit counting after the 8th over thrown ball.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

cypert2

Quote from: Granny fan on October 11, 2014, 08:44:49 pm
I REALLY hope he is not the starter next year.  I'm sure we are going to have to suffer through the rest of this year with him, though!

I'm afraid he will be.
Swinging on the two and the four.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Lanny on October 11, 2014, 08:43:44 pm
Not a fan of BA
Lanny he is a nice kid. he is just not good enough. and he is not the only one tp blame for this loss. i have defended Jim Chaney. but the play calling in tonight and in that A&M game was just crazy. we threw the ball way to much. got away from the running game way to soon.

lightsout

The_Iceman

Did you guys watch the same game I did? The last thing that needs to be complained about is BA. How about putting some blame on our running game and special teams. BA played a solid game and gave us everything he had.

hogcard1964

Relax, we're finally going to get our first SEC win next week.

bpoecell

Really? You guys are going to blame Allen? Not our running game? Not our offensive line that's larger than any in college football? Not our running backs who are supposed to be better than any in the SEC? Allen throws for 245 when our running game is non-existent AND YOU'RE BLAMING HIM? Dumbest fans in the country. Unbelievable.

HogPound

Quote from: Pigstie on October 11, 2014, 08:50:08 pm
I quit counting after the 8th over thrown ball.
Man. What it would be to be an sec armchair QB.

TNRazorbacker

We are struggling with depth, and lack of athleticism at QB and WR. We are tired in the 4th and dont have the playmakers in the passing game to make clutch plays. We are a ball control team that must use play action to be effective in the passing game. Bama took that away.

Beats 52-0 tho, and our defense played very well. I said at the beginning of the season all i wanted this year was for us to be competitive every game. We have definitely done that so far. We still have a good shot at a bowl.

hogpc

I'm not blaming BA but there's no doubt he didn't get it done in the clutch tonight.  He repeatedly missed receivers in 4th quarter drives.  I am not going to bash him but neither am I going to ignore the subpar play of our QB - especially when it counts most. We had multiple chances tonight in the 4th quarter because our D played superbly.  But, we could not make the passing plays, and from what I saw, our poor passing performance was due in large part to our QB.

Lake City Hog

Did BA fumble the sure TD pass in the first quarter? Did BA fumble the ball setting Bama up deep in our territory? Did BA call the 4th and inches play that FAILED so miserably? Did BA call for the sky kick after we scored to take the lead?

If most of you had been told that BA would pass for 250 yards and 1TD(should have been 2) you would have been singing his praises. But, since we lost and most of you absolutely REFUSE to place ANY, not 1 iota of blame on the coaching staff BA becomes the worst QB in Razorback history.

Stupid, Stupid people!

judd7869

Quote from: BrokenArrowHogs on October 11, 2014, 08:48:16 pm
I have tried to keep an open mind about BA, and wanted to see the kid prove people wrong.  But, I have seen enough.  He may be the best option this season and help win a game or two a freshman might not win, but he is a SEC backup-level QB talent all things considered.  The game tape doesn't lie.  We have enough game tape on him to know what he is and what he isn't.  AR will not beat the best in the SEC with the level of QB play he has brought.  The truth hurts. 

I think its time to rotate in another QB several series a game and see how they do.  BA can start and play if he is rolling, but it is time to see if one of these other kids can be more clutch and make plays.