Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WHY DO WE ONLY PASS IN THE 4TH QUARTER WHY

Started by razorjon, October 11, 2014, 08:40:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorjon

I'm donezo with this team.  15 sec losses in a row is my limit.  Bielema is not getting it done, and is not half the coach Petrino is.
"Starve the studs." — Chad Morris

razorjon

every game my friends look at each other throughout the ENTIRE 4th quarter and say "why are we not running the ball"??

The real Hogules

Most likely because we were behind and low on T.O.'s.
What good does it do to run with under 7 minutes left, when your OL isn't opening holes and your TB's dance moves are netting 2-3 yards at best)???
My bitch isn't with the play calling, it's with the lack of execution.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

BigoBoys

Because we couldn't run the ball.  Pay attention!

HogWild7886

razorjon

Quote from: The real Hogules on October 11, 2014, 08:43:05 pm
Most likely because we were behind and low on T.O.'s.
What good does it do to run with under 7 minutes left, when your OL isn't opening holes and your TB's dance moves are netting 2-3 yards 9at best)???
My bitch isn't with the play calling, it's with the lack of execution.

You prefer Brandon Allen throwing it in the bleachers?

S.A.D.C

I didn't exactly notice the running game working.  They had the box loaded.  No one wins when they are this one dimensional.  You just can't.  Pretty much every running play we did run in the 2nd half put us behind the chains. 

bjnordin

Progress is shown in wins and losses........and 15 losses in a row is not enough progress for me.  We have been sold on these coaches and their high salaries, and we've got nothing to show for it.  I would say that we are are on the level Kentucky and Vanderbilt, but at least they have an SEC win between them.

razorbackchamps94

Allen is the problem.. Bama made him try to beat them tonite .. And it worked he didn't

razorjon

Quote from: bjnordin on October 11, 2014, 08:44:40 pm
Progress is shown in wins and losses........and 15 losses in a row is not enough progress for me. 

Yeah, no darn. 

postalpig

Quote from: razorjon on October 11, 2014, 08:40:12 pm
I'm donezo with this team.  15 sec losses in a row is my limit.  Bielema is not getting it done, and is not half the coach Petrino is.

Don't let the door hit you were the sun don't shine. We won't miss you. Don't come back when this thing turns around soon.

DOGALUM

You guys.......so ignorant.   Emotional just like women.   
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

AirForceHog

If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

postalpig

Progress is shown in wins and losses........and 15 losses in a row is not enough progress for me.  We have been sold on these coaches and their high salaries, and we've got nothing to show for it.  I would say that we are are on the level Kentucky and Vanderbilt, but at least they have an SEC win between them.

They play in the East. The East only has one decent team.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Hog Milanese

Danny J

Problem I have is not the play calling per se but the mixing up of the plays. It is too predictable. We run on first down all but I believe one time quarters one thru three. Bama was stacking the box on first down then backing out a bit after that once we were playing from 2nd and 9 or 3 and 7 or longer.

bjnordin

Quote from: postalpig on October 11, 2014, 08:49:12 pm
They play in the East. The East only has one decent team.

The last time I checked, bowl selections were not handicapped.  We are clearly the worst team in the SEC West, and I don't think any Arkansas fans should believe that this is acceptable.

rupert

Quote from: BigoBoys on October 11, 2014, 08:43:12 pm
Because we couldn't run the ball.  Pay attention!
Then we should quit bragging about how we are just going to play old style smash-mouth etc etc etc...we can only do that against grossly inferior teams and we give up on the running game at the first sign of adversity..

postalpig

Quote from: bjnordin on October 11, 2014, 08:57:34 pm
The last time I checked, bowl selections were not handicapped.  We are clearly the worst team in the SEC West, and I don't think any Arkansas fans should believe that this is acceptable.
I don't like it better than the next fan. We may be a year away. Only time will tell. However, I truly believe this team will make a bowl game. If you don't, that's fine.

razorsharptusk

Quote from: razorjon on October 11, 2014, 08:41:53 pm
every game my friends look at each other throughout the ENTIRE 4th quarter and say "why are we not running the ball"??

Million dollar question.
GO HOGS!!

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

pigbacon

Atlhogfan1

We opened up the offense from the beginning and threw throughout the game.  Bama took away our strength.  I thought they could and would going in and they did.  We made some plays passing but needed Bama help to win.  That came to begin the game and we squandered it by a foot. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

rljjr

You either didn't watch the game or your football IQ is roughly equivalent to your waist size.

razorjon

why not give it to a playmaker like Jonathan Williams in the 4th quarter, on occasion?

SloppinItandLovnIt

It's simple logic dumbass .... YOU DONT RUN WITH 9 IN THE BOX!
Welcome to Arkansas, well if there is nothing to bitch about we will just make something up.

sowmonella

Quote from: razorjon on October 11, 2014, 08:40:12 pm

Bye!
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

BigBabyHog71

I don't think Chaney makes it much more than one more year!!!