Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

collins????

Started by cpohog, October 11, 2014, 08:34:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cpohog

Did I miss something? Where was Alex Collins tonight?

Arazorbackguy1

in the backfield on his back
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

cpohog

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on October 11, 2014, 08:37:56 pm
[/qu

Ok Captain obvious!! Thank u.

How many times did our leading rusher carry the ball? NOT MANY
I know he fumbled....however....is he in the doghouse or what?
Why did he have only have 6 carries? is he injured?

BallHog1

Collins style didn't match up with Bama well. He was ineffective. Maybe the water on the field.

The real Hogules

Quote from: cpohog on October 11, 2014, 08:43:13 pm
Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on October 11, 2014, 08:37:56 pm
[/qu

Ok Captain obvious!! Thank u.

How many times did our leading rusher carry the ball? NOT MANY
I know he fumbled....however....is he in the doghouse or what?
Why did he have only have 6 carries? is he injured?

My "GUESS" is that he was being disciplined for some team infraction, considering he missed the entire 1st quarter and entered the game on the first play of the 2nd quarter.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

cpohog

Quote from: The real Hogules on October 11, 2014, 08:46:11 pm
My "GUESS" is that he was being disciplined for some team infraction, considering he missed the entire 1st quarter and entered the game on the first play of the 2nd quarter.

I thought maybe this was the new approach. Have a fresh running back when the defense was tired......but only 6 carries? Obviously that was not the plan.....Williams had 20 carries. I tend to wonder if he was being punished

ballz2thewall

he had a wonderful fumble to give bama very nice field position.

thought he was dennis johnson for a moment.
The rest of the frog.

Snouty

He's on double secret probation.

Jek Tono Porkins

Collins' style works best when the o linemen can hold their blocks and he can work off those blocks. You can't work off your blocks when your blocks are non existent or the blocking man is going backwards. There was one play where collins had three o linemen in front of him on the edge. He was being patient but all three of them got blown up.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Deeznutts

The approach was having your 5th string TB fumble in the endzone and change the tempo of the game. Amazing this staff still doesn't get the point if do what got you here. Not a reverse inside the 10, not playing little used backs against Alabama. Whatever. We continue to beat ourselves, over and over. So Arkansas. Never changing.

DoctorSusscrofa

Bamas run defense was averaging giving up only 64 ypg. We got 89. Better than the average but not great. Passing was the thing to do and it worked most of the 1st 3 quarters. We HAVE to improve on the pass game. Too many under throws and overthrows tonight for one thing.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: Deeznutts on October 11, 2014, 10:01:02 pm
The approach was having your 5th string TB fumble in the endzone and change the tempo of the game. Amazing this staff still doesn't get the point if do what got you here. Not a reverse inside the 10, not playing little used backs against Alabama. Whatever. We continue to beat ourselves, over and over. So Arkansas. Never changing.

You do "get" that Kody Walker was the FB don't you?
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

lefty08

Heard he missed a workout during the bye week. Not good for him if true, its always something
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

lefty08

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on October 11, 2014, 10:08:35 pm
You do "get" that Kody Walker was the FB don't you?

That post is a lil bit more.clever than your 3rd grade screen name
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

PorkSoda

looked to me like collins was held out for the first qtr.  not sure if he missed curfew or something, but he certainly was running like he was hung over.  not the alex collins we are used to.  its too bad, cause nobody else besides Jwill seemed to be able to run the ball.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hog N Bama

Collins needs to get his act together and get serious

Swine-as-wine

What seems to be the standard line in this thread, of "Collins style
doesn't work against Bama", needs to be translated into what's
really being said....."Dunno....don't care.....so I'm gonna say this
cause I like JWill better anyways". Basically......a line of horse manure.
If Collins wasn't the best RB in the SEC prior to last week, he damn sure
is now, after Georgia's Gurley was thrown on suspension. I don't have a
clue, if Bielema was asked about this in the post game presser, but if he
wasn't, then shame on each and every member of the press corp.

Harleigh Hog

Watch CBB's press conference before you guess! He said "Alex missed a morning workout during the buy week and was suspended for the first quarter, nothing more to it than that".

jacobp

There is no grades rumor. And he's not going to Miami. He would sit out a year and only have one more to play down there.

Asinine.

HogFanatic

I'm sure it will all work out. Collins is a good kid. It is stuff like this (being suspended for the first quarter) that illustrates exactly the type of coach Bielema is. He does NOT accept slacking. He demands accountability. And when a player DOES step out of line, he doesn't make a dramatic production of it all. He is a good guy and will build a consistent winner here.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: hawgdawg63 on October 12, 2014, 11:23:29 am
Rumor is grades. Don't have a clue if this is true. Remember last spring there were rumors of AC wanting to leave. Earlier someone said it maybe because he missed meetings in the off week, didn't this happen another time with AC? I have noticed that Miami is starting to win some games and AC may want to go home...who knows.

Obviously not you.

Arkansas played the first quarter without leading rusher Alex Collins, who was held out after arriving late for a workout during the Hogs' bye week, and his absence might have been critical.

hawgdawg63

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on October 12, 2014, 11:29:32 am
Obviously not you.

Arkansas played the first quarter without leading rusher Alex Collins, who was held out after arriving late for a workout during the Hogs' bye week, and his absence might have been critical.

Hey AH......that is why I was asking. But since your more concerned about bashing people your answer matches who you are!!

PIGINAPOKE

I told my wife before the game I hope they don't play him much. He will fumble.. And there ya go!
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

rhames

Quote from: hawgdawg63 on October 12, 2014, 11:31:40 am
Hey AH......that is why I was asking. But since your more concerned about bashing people your answer matches who you are!!

He wasn't bashing you.

You said something false and he was pointing out you were wrong.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

PorkRinds

Quote from: PIGINAPOKE on October 12, 2014, 12:46:20 pm
I told my wife before the game I hope they don't play him much. He will fumble.. And there ya go!

You so smart! Your wife so lucky!

BigoBoys

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on October 12, 2014, 11:28:38 am
I'm sure it will all work out. Collins is a good kid. It is stuff like this (being suspended for the first quarter) that illustrates exactly the type of coach Bielema is. He does NOT accept slacking. He demands accountability. And when a player DOES step out of line, he doesn't make a dramatic production of it all. He is a good guy and will build a consistent winner here.
I could see slacking on the Nichols week, but the Bama week?  Needs to think a little more about the team than himself. 

code red

He was late to a meeting....during the week.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: BigoBoys on October 12, 2014, 08:42:30 pm
I could see slacking on the Nichols week, but the Bama week?  Needs to think a little more about the team than himself. 

Was he late for a meeting during the team's "bye week".
Do you know why he was late? Maybe it wasn't a "selfish act", as you imply.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

BigoBoys

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 12, 2014, 08:45:04 pm
Whatever the reason it got him benched for Q1. 

BorderPatrol

You posted something so freaking asinine that it was deleted, then whine because you were called out on it?

The mods should show you what bashing REALLY is.

bp

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: BigoBoys on October 12, 2014, 08:47:06 pm
Whatever the reason it got him benched for Q1. 

True. But don't imply that he was being selfish. You don't know why he was late.
According to the Dem-Gazette he was late to a meeting during the "bye" week.

BigoBoys

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 12, 2014, 08:48:36 pm
True. But don't imply that he was being selfish. You don't know why he was late.

Give me a scenario that is ok, but gets you benched for a quarter.   

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 12, 2014, 08:45:04 pm

He was late for a workout on Friday of the bye week. I would imagine Bielema wouldn't have suspended him for a quarter if there was a legitimate reason.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: BigoBoys on October 12, 2014, 08:50:24 pm
Give me a scenario that is ok, but gets you benched for a quarter.   

Again...you don't know why he was late for a workout during a bye week. That's between he & CBB. Don't call the kid selfish when you don't have a freakin clue why he was late. Geez. Clay Travis was right.

BigoBoys

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 12, 2014, 08:52:54 pm
Again...you don't know why he was late for a workout during a bye week. That's between he & CBB. Don't call the kid selfish when you don't have a freakin clue why he was late. Geez. Clay Travis was right.
You obviously know why he was late.  Give me a scenario where it is ok to be late, but get benched during the first quarter of the biggest home game of the year. 

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: BigoBoys on October 12, 2014, 08:54:48 pm
You obviously know why he was late.  Give me a scenario where it is ok to be late, but get benched during the first quarter of the biggest home game of the year. 

I have no earthly idea why he was late. Due to that fact, I'm not going to judge the kid and call him selfish. The suspension was CBB's decision. It he thinks being late for a workout during a bye week warrants such punishment, then so be it. You are in no position to judge Collins or CBB, because you don't know what happened.

RazorbackRon

what hawdawg63 said Today at 11:23:29 am

Rumor is grades. Don't have a clue if this is true. Remember last spring there were rumors of AC wanting to leave. Earlier someone said it maybe because he missed meetings in the off week, didn't this happen another time with AC? I have noticed that Miami is starting to win some games and AC may want to go home...who knows.

YOU were the one doing the bashing and should be BANNED.  I hope people remember what kind of guy you really are.
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

BigoBoys

[/quote]
Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 12, 2014, 08:59:24 pm
I have no earthly idea why he was late. Due to that fact, I'm not going to judge the kid and call him selfish. The suspension was CBB's decision. It he thinks being late for a workout during a bye week warrants such punishment, then so be it. You are in no position to judge Collins or CBB, because you don't know what happened.
You are right I don't know why he was late.  I'm still waiting for you to give me a scenario where being late doesn't get him benched. 

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: BigoBoys on October 12, 2014, 09:03:50 pm

You are right I don't know why he was late.  I'm still waiting for you to give me a scenario where being late doesn't get him benched. 

I can't give you a scenario because I'm not aware of CBB' "in house" rules. But I'm not going to call the kid selfish, as you did, when I don't know what happened. My disagreement with you isn't over the one quarter suspension. It is because you called the kid selfish without knowing why he was late. Maybe he had a flat tire...maybe it was something entirely different. But either way, don't call the kid selfish when you don't know what happened. Simple as that.

BigoBoys

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 12, 2014, 09:15:00 pm
I can't give you a scenario because I'm not aware of CBB' "in house" rules. But I'm not going to call the kid selfish, as you did, when I don't know what happened. My disagreement with you isn't over the one quarter suspension. It is because you called the kid selfish without knowing why he was late. Maybe he had a flat tire...maybe it was something entirely different. But either way, don't call the kid selfish when you don't know what happened. Simple as that.
Ok, when you find out why he was late then let us know, then we will make a judgement.  The outcome of that judgement will either be Collins was wrong or the Head Coach is too strict. 

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: BigoBoys on October 12, 2014, 09:18:11 pm
Ok, when you find out why he was late then let us know, then we will make a judgement.  The outcome of that judgement will either be Collins was wrong or the Head Coach is too strict. 

No, Collins was late and it got him suspended. But that doesn't make him selfish.
Lighten up Francis.

RazorbackRon

Quote from: BigoBoys on October 12, 2014, 09:18:11 pm

Now, who is making judgments?
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

BigoBoys

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 12, 2014, 09:21:13 pm
No, Collins was late and it got him suspended. But that doesn't make him selfish.
Lighten up Francis.

Well then what does it make him? 

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: BigoBoys on October 12, 2014, 09:23:11 pm
Well then what does it make him? 

It makes him late for a workout. So, if you have a flat tire or a wreck on the way to work in the morning and it makes you late, you are selfish. Right?  My gosh you are obtuse.

root_hawg

Makes him a college kid

BigoBoys

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 12, 2014, 09:28:29 pm
It makes him late for a workout. So, if you have a flat tire or a wreck on the way to work in the morning and it makes you late, you are selfish. Right?  My gosh you are obtuse.
If that is what happened and got him suspended then the rules are too difficult. 

ricepig

Quote from: root_hawg on October 12, 2014, 09:30:17 pm
Makes him a college kid

Yep, but they have rules, we ain't FSU......

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: BigoBoys on October 12, 2014, 09:31:26 pm
If that is what happened and got him suspended then the rules are too difficult. 

Take it up with CBB. With your D-1 Head Coaching experience, I'm sure he'll appreciate your input. Good luck on your way to work tomorrow. Hope traffic is smooth. Can't have you being late.

Swine-as-wine

Benched for 1 quarter.....in the doghouse the entire game

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Swine-as-wine on October 12, 2014, 09:37:33 pm
Benched for 1 quarter.....in the doghouse the entire game
suspension +fumble will do that.