Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL ALABAMA GAME THREAD, ALL POSTS GO HERE!

Started by marty houston, October 11, 2014, 04:14:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokehouse

Quote from: ErieHog on October 11, 2014, 08:43:57 pm
I thought the problem was throwing it 14 times on the last 3 possessions.  Huh.  Guess I have to get a copy of the Unhinged Fan Playbook.

Didn't you hear? Any loss is instantly Nutt-like. Actual game evidence be darned.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: pignparadise on October 11, 2014, 08:44:34 pm
No as bad as I had to say it Hootie won some close SEC games. Bret has not done that yet.

Bret has been here two years.  The SEC during Hootie's tenure pales in comparison to the SEC today.  Nobody wants to wait, including me, but it's going to take time.  We're rounding the corner and closing the gap. 
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

HogRocket

Quote from: pignparadise on October 11, 2014, 08:44:34 pm
No as bad as I had to say it Hootie won some close SEC games. Bret has not done that yet.

And won't do it this year.  Bad as Mizzou looks, they were our last chance this season and they'll step up.

sigpooie

I earned that right by paying to watch the last 50 years of razorback football and sorry people like you end up taking post way to seriously, but enjoy me trashing the allens since that is what has happened ever since this kid hit the field,, oh and there are thousands of kids busting it all over the usa tonight that deserve a chance to play for our Division 1 team more so than fat boy does..
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: razorback93 on October 11, 2014, 08:45:32 pm
By the way, these types of games have been happening to the Hogs for, what, 50+ years.  I can name probably 10 in the last 15-20 years.
'69.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

IntegrityHog

More to life than winning a football game.

Beside, we are getting close.  We may not win any conference games this year, but you can't even begin to compare this team to 2012 and 2013.

HogRocket

Quote from: Jdub on October 11, 2014, 08:45:22 pm
That guy had no clue what a passing game looked like.

Not looking like Bret does either.  Most teams actually have the QB throwing to receivers (a) on the field and not in the bleachers and (b) to players wearing the same color of jersey as the QB.

HogRocket

Quote from: IntegrityHog on October 11, 2014, 08:47:26 pm
More to life than winning a football game.

Beside, we are getting close.  We may not win any conference games this year, but you can't even begin to compare this team to 2012 and 2013.

That's true...the 2012 team actually won SEC games.

OKC

Sucks losing period...sucks losing close games...i, among other people are tired of hearing we are getting closer, but it doesn't change the fact that it is a reality. I thought I was borderline bipolar when the razorbacks play, but I can see from a lot of posts on here I am not as bad as some. BA may not be the best qb, but he is trying his hardest, he also doesn't act like a punk, so I can't bring myself to dog him or his family like someone just did. Remove the yourself from the heartbreak influenced thinking and you can see this team is getting better...the recruiting is really improving and it is just a matter of time that this team is going to be competing for some SEC championship. Last year we weren't even competitive in half the games.

aar0n

I think we most likely lose to Miss St, Ole Miss will probably be another game like the last two where it could go either way since it's at home, and beat everyone else.  If we can break the streak next week against Jawjuh, which I think we will, it'll do wonders for our psyché. 

Albert Einswine

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 11, 2014, 08:46:16 pm
I wonder why folks get so upset over a game. it seems insane to me. It is fun to watch and fun to make fun of those who get so emotional about it. Like a reality show. So many humans lives' are so shallow.

I'm not upset over the game, I'm disgusted with our pitiful "fans".
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

PorkRinds

Last two years was 52-0 and now we lose by one point. And people still come on here and trash coaches and players. It's sickening.

SquidBilly

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on October 11, 2014, 08:43:21 pm
He has been playing a bunch of underclassmen...

I mean to the exclusion of the upperclassmen, not just giving them some plays.  We have guys out on the field who simply run out of talent when we need them to make a difference for us. 

hogville38

Quote from: Bret Squealema on October 11, 2014, 08:39:21 pm
CBB has to start playing the younger guys now.  Mitchell and Turner dropped easy ints that could have swung the game, Allen just isn't an SEC level QB, and we need a FG kicker that can get some air under his PATs.  Henson should not see the field again IMO.  Now saying that I applaud all of these guys for giving their all to try and help us win, but it's obvious their all just isn't good enough.
ummmmm Tevin played lights out today. This game is not on deffense. This game was on Kody Walker, special teams,and qb.

OKC

Some SEC guy was on the radio here in OKC and talked a few minutes about Arkansas. To sum it up, he said Arkansas is about a year ahead of schedule...mentioned that in any other conference that we are a bowl team, and was astounded by the effectiveness of the OLine. This being Big12 country, the radio guys didn't really like the comment about arkansas being a bowl team in any other conference because a couple of them have zero respect for Arkansas.

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: root_hawg on October 11, 2014, 08:59:32 pm
For some reason I thought the MOds were going to do away with the negativity on the boards, the name calling and etc.. but I guess I was wrong
If that were true, they would have deleted that girl's account when she was cussing and name calling in this thread. Ashley something.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hogville38

Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 11, 2014, 08:49:45 pm

I'm not upset over the game, I'm disgusted with our pitiful "fans".
Think everyone is just upset about the way we are losing. We could have and should have won the last two games. Everyone gets so high on the game and then we blow it. I understand the fans being pissed as well as the players and coaches. It hurts a lot more to lose close ones compared to just being blown out. I missed hunting the last two games lol. I will be in the woods fir some therapy this Saturday. Go hogs

sickboy

Well, again... I'm proud of our team and happy with our development. I never thought we'd be able to beat Bama and we did theoretically. We're going to get better every game. If we're patient... this team is going to be very, very good by the end of this season and a SEC contender come next season.

Laughing Hog

I think we can beat Gawga next week. They aren't as good as some think they are. Our D played a hell of a game today (DB's are still short on where we need them to be). GA has QB issues at the very least, just not like our QB issues. I also think we can beat the corndogs and the Zoo people - all this, assuming we have gone thru all the ways possible to give games away and we don't repeat any of the past ones. Go hogs, everyone get real drunk and loud next week in LR and beat the hell out of the puppy dawgs.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Trottsky

Quote from: Laughing Hog on October 11, 2014, 09:52:57 pm
I think we can beat Gawga next week. They aren't as good as some think they are. Our D played a hell of a game today (DB's are still short on where we need them to be). GA has QB issues at the very least, just not like our QB issues. I also think we can beat the corndogs and the Zoo people - all this, assuming we have gone thru all the ways possible to give games away and we don't repeat any of the past ones. Go hogs, everyone get real drunk and loud next week in LR and beat the hell out of the puppy dawgs.

You gotta believe! Keep the faith. It's gonna rain Ws someday!

root_hawg

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

lechon

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  1 hour ago
The inside stories behind 7 defining plays from Alabama's win at Arkansas http://ow.ly/CDe90

QuoteClock rolled, game ended after flag

"I tried to get an answer on that and was unable to do that," Bielema said. "They got off the field pretty quick. Jeff, the boundary official there said the clock was at 1:01. I wasn't able to follow up with the question. A lot of great opportunity for everybody to get better."

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net