Alabama is as ripe for the picking as they have been in 5 years, IMO

I just dunno if it is ripe enough.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on October 10, 2014, 10:19:14 pm
Fingers crossed, man.

Hogs are short a few field hands.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hellwonthaveme

Woo damn Pig Paul.....

PRJ

MissippHog

A little closer for me.  Going with a late TD and a 28-27 win for the Hogs.

duckman

31-21  :razorback: WPS

Torqued pork

I've tried to imagine Bama losing consecutive games to the Rebs and Hogs, but it's been futile.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on October 10, 2014, 10:16:35 pm
35-31 Hogs...

Woo damn Pig Paul.....

PRJ

We are close, I've got it 34-28, Hogs.
Go Hogs Go!

threeNout

Last 3 SEC games we've been competitive, all on the road.

Home crowd helps us finish this one. 33-27 Hogs.

Look for big chunks of yards of 1st down again this week.

bphi11ips

It's been many years since Arkansas has consistently played like it has a home field advantage.  Maybe the mindset has changed and today will be a turning point.

HognotinMemphis

Ala wins it with a couple of TD's in the 4th Q. Arkansas turns it over 3 times to Bama's 1 and Hogs' D cannot stop Bama's passing game, which sets up their run game and Bama has balanced stats on offense.

Final:

Bama: 31

Ark: 17
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 11, 2014, 06:30:34 am
Lol. If Hogs score 34 today, I'll not post on MMQB the rest of the season. Highly unlikely the Hogs can score 34 the rest of the year other than vs. UAB.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

LRrazorback

Not to be a downer but, how does anyone see us scoring over 35 pts against bama?  We scored 21 vs aubbie and the offense put up 21 against a bad tx am defense. Bamas defense is better than those two but, we're going to score 35?  Ok

Hope I'm wrong but...

38-14 bama

proffitthog

How were we going to score 42 against Texas in 81. We just did, Hogs roll today 38-24

bphi11ips

Quote from: proffitthog on October 11, 2014, 08:25:29 am
How were we going to score 42 against Texas in 81. We just did, Hogs roll today 38-24

If I remember correctly, Texas laid the ball on the ground about half a dozen times deep in their own territory in the first half, and the game was over before it started.  Can that happen today?  Sure, and that's the only way I see us having a chance. 

I almost NEVER predict a loss as a matter of principle, but 38-14 Bama sounds about right to me.  Arkansas is just not there yet, but we are headed in the right direction. 

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 11, 2014, 08:33:05 am
If I remember correctly, Texas laid the ball on the ground about half a dozen times deep in their own territory in the first half, and the game was over before it started.  Can that happen today?  Sure, and that's the only way I see us having a chance. 

I almost NEVER predict a loss as a matter of principle, but 38-14 Bama sounds about right to me.  Arkansas is just not there yet, but we are headed in the right direction. 

Just keep in mind that Alabama has turned the ball over 9 times in 5 games. Wet ball today. T/O's will be key IMO.
Go Hogs Go!

OTTER

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 11, 2014, 07:58:23 am
It's been many years since Arkansas has consistently played like it has a home field advantage.  Maybe the mindset has changed and today will be a turning point.
I really believe we have reached the turning point.  Hogs 28-Bama 24
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

downsouthhawg72

Bama want win with their running game. They win with their pass. If Cooper has over 100 yards receiving by halftime they win & if he don't we will win. Cooper is their only hope to win besides us beating ourself with penalties & TO's, If we cut them down to out....then contain Cooper we will win. If not then we lose.
DownSouthHawg

Danny J

holman24

wow there are a bunch of homers on here.  I love the hogs as much as anyone but to think we are gonna beat a team that has out scored us 104 to nothing the past two years is crazy.  We are better and bama isn't as good but after losing to ole piss Saban will have them spitting blood and we are in for a long day.  This game will show us just how far we have come against the best and it isn't going to look like we have come very far after all.  42 - 7 with bama giving us a late TD.

duckman

Quote from: OTTER on October 11, 2014, 09:29:40 am
I really believe we have reached the turning point.  Hogs 28-Bama 24

Smokehouse

I see another competitive game that goes south late for the Hogs. We should move the ball a little better than Ole Miss but play worse on defense. I also don't like getting a ticked off and recently remotivated Saban.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: holman24 on October 11, 2014, 10:36:16 am
wow there are a bunch of homers on here.  I love the hogs as much as anyone but to think we are gonna beat a team that has out scored us 104 to nothing the past two years is crazy.  We are better and bama isn't as good but after losing to ole piss Saban will have them spitting blood and we are in for a long day.  This game will show us just how far we have come against the best and it isn't going to look like we have come very far after all.  42 - 7 with bama giving us a late TD.
Forget about the past. Look at the two teams THIS year. These are two very, very evenly matched teams. I think Arkansas would be a great choice to win except I think we stop believing in ourselves late in the game when it's close. But, both these teams are worlds away from the last two years. Alabama isn't nearly as good and Arkansas is light years better.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 11, 2014, 08:15:25 am
Lol. If Hogs score 34 today, I'll not post on MMQB the rest of the season. Highly unlikely the Hogs can score 34 the rest of the year other than vs. UAB.
Quoting for evidence...
All Gas, No Brakes!

Deep Shoat

Quote from: holman24 on October 11, 2014, 10:36:16 am
wow there are a bunch of homers on here. I love the hogs as much as anyone but to think we are gonna beat a team that has out scored us 104 to nothing the past two years is crazy.  We are better and bama isn't as good but after losing to ole piss Saban will have them spitting blood and we are in for a long day.  This game will show us just how far we have come against the best and it isn't going to look like we have come very far after all.  42 - 7 with bama giving us a late TD.
Who are you a fan of?  Because I'm calling bull on the bolded statement...
All Gas, No Brakes!

Hogs-n-Roses

Givin Bama too much credit . Suspect O line and special teams r the difference. 38-17 Pigs. Marshall has a return TD. defense scores too. We will make Sims beat us over the top and he has 2 picks also. Philon n Winston show nick he was wrong.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

dhornjr1

We have played Alabama 22 times since we joined the SEC. We've scored 35 points or more twice in those 22 games.

Let's hope we can provide another outlier today.

holman24

Quote from: Deep Shoat on October 11, 2014, 01:59:01 pm
Who are you a fan of?  Because I'm calling bull on the bolded statement...

just because I dont think we will win doesnt mean I don't love the hogs it just means I have a brain and understand football.  I am not a homer that thinks we will win just because I am a fan.  When we show we can win a SEC game then I might start picking us again.

Kevin

Lots drunk on the kool aid

We will be better but Bama wins
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

farmhawg

If we score 7 it will be an improvement.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

forrest city joe

35-31 Hogs...

Woo damn Pig Paul.....

PRJ
Got to keep Bama out of the 30's Jimmy. 28 to 24 Hogs.

Grunt

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on October 10, 2014, 10:19:14 pm
Fingers crossed, man.

Man,  I like people like you.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

dhornjr1

Quote from: farmhawg on October 11, 2014, 03:12:12 pm
If we score 7 it will be an improvement.

I just want to look like we belong on the field with them.

Grunt

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 10, 2014, 10:24:35 pm
Hogs are short a few field hands.
But the ones we have are badass. Stand by man. Some of you guys are in for a big, pleasant surprise.

dhornjr1

Quote from: Grunt on October 11, 2014, 03:17:58 pm
But the ones we have are badass. Stand by man. Some of you guys are in for a big, pleasant surprise.

I'd +1 you for your positivity if I could. I'm just not there yet.

Grunt

Quote from: Torqued pork on October 11, 2014, 01:05:37 am
I've tried to imagine Bama losing consecutive games to the Rebs and Hogs, but it's been futile.
Stand by my friend. Arkansas will win 34 to 17 and the score will be less than the margin indicates. Would love to put money but know no legal way

Grunt

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 11, 2014, 08:10:51 am
Ala wins it with a couple of TD's in the 4th Q. Arkansas turns it over 3 times to Bama's 1 and Hogs' D cannot stop Bama's passing game, which sets up their run game and Bama has balanced stats on offense.

Final:

Bama: 31

Ark: 17
Loser mentality

aar0n

EXTRA MOTIVATION.  I'd go out there in flip flops and boxers and score a couple TDs to make this happen.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: holman24 on October 11, 2014, 03:07:56 pm
just because I dont think we will win doesnt mean I don't love the hogs it just means I have a brain and understand football.  I am not a homer that thinks we will win just because I am a fan.  When we show we can win a SEC game then I might start picking us again.
While it's highly likely they do win, it damn sure isn't going to be with us only scoring one late "gimme" TD.

I think you should rethink that "understand football" part...
All Gas, No Brakes!

SemperFi

Here's your 35.........Hogs 21-14

I would prefer that the Hogs score all 35, but I believe that both offenses grind it out today. Going old school SEC.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

dhornjr1

Quote from: SemperFi on October 11, 2014, 03:35:49 pm
Here's your 35.........Hogs 21-14

I would prefer that the Hogs score all 35, but I believe that both offenses grind it out today. Going old school SEC.

This I could see because we did hold a pretty potent A&M offense down until late in the game.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Grunt on October 11, 2014, 03:17:58 pm

Hope you're right.  I have a feeling Jonathan Williams is going to have a career day.  150 yards and 2 TDs.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on October 11, 2014, 02:52:26 pm

Not even close. Just as I predicted. Right again. And at home too.

HognotinMemphis

35-31 Hogs...

Woo damn Pig Paul.....

PRJ
Missed it by only 22 pts.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 11, 2014, 06:30:34 am
You were close, if close is defined by miles.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Deep Shoat on October 11, 2014, 01:57:58 pm
Quoting for evidence...
Be sure to print it. So you can recall how right i was.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 11, 2014, 08:54:38 pm
Be sure to print it. So you can recall how right i was.

You said we had no chance. You were wrong again.
Go Hogs Go!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: aar0n on October 11, 2014, 03:25:39 pm
EXTRA MOTIVATION.  I'd go out there in flip flops and boxers and score a couple TDs to make this happen.
That would have given you blisters like you would not believe! So glad you did not do this. Especially since it would not have made any difference.