Dominicanhog

How many tmes has he been to the Hill?

ImHogginIt

redeye

So is he visiting Auburn or MSU?

ricepig

Quote from: redeye on October 08, 2014, 07:23:27 pm
So is he visiting Auburn or MSU?

I doubt he is going to Starkville with Auburn tickets......

cc

Quote from: Ethan2010 on October 08, 2014, 06:38:36 pm
Doesn't matter everyone down here knows he is an lsu fan if they offer he will be a tiger.

I would not be so sure.  He has been to several LSU games but just as many Hog games.  The LSU trips are convenient.  Great kid that will make a well thought out decision. 

If he is not a Hog, will not be a lack of effort of the staff.

TMc

I deal with people that know Austin directly.., they all say it would be very surprising if he's not a Razorback.

Dominicanhog

October 08, 2014, 07:40:25 pm #6 Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 08:35:58 pm by Dominicanhog
Quote from: cc on October 08, 2014, 07:27:17 pm
I would not be so sure.  He has been to several LSU games but just as many Hog games.  The LSU trips are convenient.  Great kid that will make a well thought out decision. 

Agree.. and if they don't want to be a Hog, we don't need them.  That said, I do like AC and hope he calls the Hogs.

elhcpa

StarkVegas or Twinkle Town, where would you want to be?

COACHINTEXAS

I've heard from a coach in the area that he and his entire family were big HOG fans. Is this not true?
No one plans to fail, they fail to plan!!!!

cc

Austin is a Hog fan and so is the family.  This I know because he is family.

3kgthog

Shoot, we've got our thumb in the hole in our boat, but LSU us fully taking on water and sinking fast. If he wants to go down with the ship...

Wildhog

That's a lot of times for one weekend.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

tophawg19

Quote from: cc on October 08, 2014, 11:24:16 pm
get of here and get to work. we need this kid  lol
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

redeye

Thanks!

southeasthog

Quote from: razorbacker3 on October 08, 2014, 06:43:30 pm
http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/No-1-recruit-in-Arkansas-visits-Auburn-31856136

may have visited this week or past weekend.
Picture posted with article on Auburn undercover.

[attachment deleted by admin]

secneahog

Boom. Thanks.  :razorback:
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Ethan2010

Quote from: cc on October 08, 2014, 07:27:17 pm

It is a well known fact in sc that he is an lsu fan. He wants that offer.

Ethan2010

Family might be all hog but I have heard him say it himself that he is an lsu fan.

Dropkick

Is his family okay financially? You know auburn will try and buy him.

cc

Quote from: Ethan2010 on October 09, 2014, 07:59:19 pm
Family might be all hog but I have heard him say it himself that he is an lsu fan.

He does go to a couple of LSU games a year with an LSU alum that is an in-law but went to at least 3 Hog Games last year.  I do not talk a lot of recruiting when I see him because he gets enough of it.  My advice has been to think about the home school for after football.  After all, Ken Biley got a good job with Wal-Mart.   I do think it will between us and LSU.  He seems to be impressed with Pittman. 

cc

Quote from: Dropkick on October 09, 2014, 08:04:31 pm
Is his family okay financially? You know auburn will try and buy him.

His dad passed away a couple of years ago but his mom has a really good job. 

cc

Quote from: Ethan2010 on October 09, 2014, 07:57:30 pm
It is a well known fact in sc that he is an lsu fan. He wants that offer.

Just as many if not more in Star City say he is an Arkansas lock.  Truth is nobody knows.  Biggest recruiting tool for the Hogs is to continue to improve. 

zane

Quote from: cc on October 09, 2014, 08:42:06 pm
Just as many if not more in Star City say he is an Arkansas lock.  Truth is nobody knows.  Biggest recruiting tool for the Hogs is to continue to improve.

While LSU continues to circle down the crapper
RIP LSUfan

razorsharp94

I saw him personally. To me he looks more like a college o lineman than d lineman. Not sure what all the hub bub is about.

Melorock089

Not really worried about losing instate guys anymore. Our staff seems to do all that can be done.

Flatline

Quote from: razorsharp94 on October 09, 2014, 10:17:53 pm
I saw him personally. To me he looks more like a college o lineman than d lineman. Not sure what all the hub bub is about.

Because he dominated Juniors and Seniors when he was in the 9th grade.  He was offered at the Razorback camp when he was in the 9th grade because he stood out so much.  The kid is the real deal and a complete stud.  Very fast for his size and has a mean streak. 

razorsharp94

Look I am not saying the kid can't play.  I do wonder though if you saw him with your own two eyes dominate at camp?  I saw the kid be a non factor versus Monticello. I am sure that motivation is a big deal considering that Star City was going to beat Monticello no matter how he played.  One game is not a way to judge him but physically he looks more like a guard than a DT. 

cc

Quote from: razorsharp94 on October 10, 2014, 09:10:22 am
Look I am not saying the kid can't play.  I do wonder though if you saw him with your own two eyes dominate at camp?  I saw the kid be a non factor versus Monticello. I am sure that motivation is a big deal considering that Star City was going to beat Monticello no matter how he played.  One game is not a way to judge him but physically he looks more like a guard than a DT. 

Consider the fact that he was doubled and tripled teamed and still made plays says a lot.  So does the fact he ran down the line to catch a back while he was literally pulling a 230 lb guard that was holding onto the back of his jersey.  The center and both guards held him all night to the point it was ridiculous.  I know the ref that was in that area that saw it and should have called it.  When I see him, I need to pull his shirt over his head and punch him.  No way he can accuse me of anything because he apparently is blind.

Teams double and triple team him all night while running away from him.  Made 9 or 10 tackles a game all while being avoided.  He often dominates by allowing team mates to make plays because he occupies so many blockers.   

Polecat

would be a big commitment if we get him
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

FATHAWG08

Quote from: Polecat on October 10, 2014, 02:56:29 pm
would be a big commitment if we get him
All those Capps in that part of the state are tougher than a $2.00 steak
I love off season Football!!

HogPound

He was soft against warren last week. Warren physically whooped him and the entire DL as well.

Gragg. Saw him tonight too. I dunno guys. He finally caught his biggest yardage catches against the 2 and 3rd teamers. Hope it pans out it's him because I wasn't entirely impressed. Warren went on to stomp them 49-2.

searkhogfan

Quote from: zane on October 09, 2014, 10:01:03 pm
While LSU continues to circle down the crapper

I pray LSU doesn't get bad enough that they fire Less Miles.  I would hate for them to get a real coach. 

And for a big guy. Capps is a heck of a baseball player too.  Good Hand/Eye coordination. And decent speed.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: HogPound on October 11, 2014, 03:57:53 am
He was soft against warren last week. Warren physically whooped him and the entire DL as well.

Gragg. Saw him tonight too. I dunno guys. He finally caught his biggest yardage catches against the 2 and 3rd teamers. Hope it pans out it's him because I wasn't entirely impressed. Warren went on to stomp them 49-2.

Almost every College Coach disagrees with your assessment. Good luck finding a job as a Recruiting Guru or College Coach.

HogPound

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on October 11, 2014, 10:32:55 am
Almost every College Coach disagrees with your assessment. Good luck finding a job as a Recruiting Guru or College Coach.

Considering I have watched Bret smith, Roshaun fellows, Ricardo kemp, jay wright, Chris gragg and Greg Childs in high school.....I feel pretty confident I know what true sec talent is.

But thanks anyways for your assessment.

cc

October 11, 2014, 05:34:13 pm #34 Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 05:49:09 pm by cc
Quote from: HogPound on October 11, 2014, 04:53:12 pm
Considering I have watched Bret smith, Roshaun fellows, Ricardo kemp, jay wright, Chris gragg and Greg Childs in high school.....I feel pretty confident I know what true sec talent is.

He is SEC talent.  That is why he has the offers.  I've not only watched several high level college players but played against them as well.  Also played against and watched guys that played in the NFL.  I still leave it to the guys that coach in the SEC.

HogPound

Slimac4

Oh wow. You've watched those guys?? You're so lucky.... Just quit tool.

zane

HogPound>>>>>>>>>>>>> than 95% of all college coaches
RIP LSUfan

HogPound

Quote from: Slimac4 on October 11, 2014, 06:45:38 pm
Oh wow. You've watched those guys?? You're so lucky.... Just quit tool.

Yup. Watched them all in high school. Neither are these two players on the level of those guys.

VBMark

Hogpound, is your name Tim Horton? Seems like Auburn is the only SEC team that recruits Arkansas that didn't get an OV for both.
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

onebadrubi

You aren't alone in your thinking.  The few here though are respectful enough to not lash out like a lot do here and talk bad about the kid.  He's a hog commit and an instate one many didn't think Bielema could get.  That is enough to make me glad he's here, but I don't think he's the 2nd best TE we have committed currently.  I also think his eating and work out regimen with be huge his first year in college, could equate to where he ends up the last three years of his college career.

SemperFi

Nick? Nick Saban is that you? Holy cow, we've got Nick Saban posting on Hogville now!!!

There are teams of people that get paid very well to evaluate talent and yes, sometimes they miss, but they nail it most of the time. So far, Coach B and his staff have done amazingly well evaluating those they offer scholarships to, so unless you can present some sort of credentials identifying you as an expert I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself and out of the recruiting forum.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

WBC Hog

I'm not trying to side with HogPound at all, especially since I haven't personally watched Will Gragg play.

If y'all remember, I posted back during the summer that I met Tevin Beanum. I had the chance to speak to him for a solid 30 minutes of just Hog football. One of the things I mentioned was asking him if he thought we would get Gragg. He didn't really know. He did mention though that he had the opportunity to watch him play at several camps over the spring and summer and this I remember very clearly. He said he wasn't impressed with Gragg and didn't really know what all the hype was about. Beanum thought that his recruitment was based solely on his potential and that he wasn't there yet. He compared him to Cantrell briefly, only to say there was no comparison lol.

Once again, not bashing Will Gragg at all since I have not seen him play either in person or a highlight video... just relaying the message. I'm very glad to have Gragg committed to us and hope he shows out in a Hog uniform for 4 years! Woo Pig

HogPound

Quote from: WBC Hog on October 12, 2014, 11:34:22 pm
I'm not trying to side with HogPound at all, especially since I haven't personally watched Will Gragg play.

If y'all remember, I posted back during the summer that I met Tevin Beanum. I had the chance to speak to him for a solid 30 minutes of just Hog football. One of the things I mentioned was asking him if he thought we would get Gragg. He didn't really know. He did mention though that he had the opportunity to watch him play at several camps over the spring and summer and this I remember very clearly. He said he wasn't impressed with Gragg and didn't really know what all the hype was about. Beanum thought that his recruitment was based solely on his potential and that he wasn't there yet. He compared him to Cantrell briefly, only to say there was no comparison lol.

Once again, not bashing Will Gragg at all since I have not seen him play either in person or a highlight video... just relaying the message. I'm very glad to have Gragg committed to us and hope he shows out in a Hog uniform for 4 years! Woo Pig

That is a great post. I'm glad we have him but so many people are counting on him being like his brother. There is no chance I'm telling you. I watched him play games when he was in Monticello, the state title game last year and this year against warren. I'll eat crow if he is all sec but I'm telling you homers you're setting yourself up for failure. O'grady will be the best TE along with WR KJ hill. Not impressed with Capps or gragg. My opinion. Sorry homers. I hope they turn out but I'm very excited about hill and O'grady!

Slimac4

What is the point of talking about our commits like this on a message board they read? Seriously this is stupid. You have no idea what these kids will turn out to be. I'd say our coaching staff and in Gragg's case every coaching staff in the country would disagree with your statements. Give it a rest and go complain to your wife about how crappy you think these kids are.

jb11

Quote from: HogPound on October 13, 2014, 12:20:32 pm
That is a great post. I'm glad we have him but so many people are counting on him being like his brother. There is no chance I'm telling you. I watched him play games when he was in Monticello, the state title game last year and this year against warren. I'll eat crow if he is all sec but I'm telling you homers you're setting yourself up for failure. O'grady will be the best TE along with WR KJ hill. Not impressed with Capps or gragg. My opinion. Sorry homers. I hope they turn out but I'm very excited about hill and O'grady!
Yea, great post.  Let's talk about a what a future teammate supposedly said about another one. You both should be banned.

cbhawg03

Trashing recruits and talking about moving to another conference, only on Hogville

HogPound

My lord! Didn't realize this was going to cause an uproar about a perspective. My apologies.

downsouthhawg72

If this was my Message board I would delete stuff like this. I mean this board/forum is called Hogville so it should protect the Hogs. I wouldn't even worry about people getting mad because their not going anywhere because it's free.
DownSouthHawg

hawgmasta

All high school players are evaluated off of potential. Except for maybe the top 10 overall there will be a big learning curve in playbook and physicality.