Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Primetime at the Palace?

Started by UNCLE BACK, October 09, 2014, 07:51:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

UNCLE BACK

I haven't heard a thing. It would be nice to be introduced to the newcomers.

rzrbackramsfan

Complete conspiracy theory guess here, but prime time at the palace is a chance for all the players to goof off and show off in front of everybody, maybe that can carry into practice and ma doesn't want that.  Last time we had prime time at the palace, it wasn't a great year. Haha

The_Bionic_Pig

It will make it's return once Razorback basketball As a whole is re-established As a Tournament Veteran and then it will be utilized As a recruiting ploy.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 09, 2014, 08:56:15 pm
It will make it's return once Razorback basketball As a whole is re-established As a Tournament Veteran and then it will be utilized As a recruiting ploy.

This.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

MountieDawg

In this day and age with so many entertainer option and everything om TV, you better promote the heck out of your program if you want new fans.
SEC!

TomBigBeeHog

first you need a product that's worth promoting
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

UNCLE BACK

Well, I got an answer from T.J Cleveland, said Mike was tired of having about 3,000 people show up for it so that's why I guess.

The_Iceman

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on October 10, 2014, 12:59:03 pm
Well, I got an answer from T.J Cleveland, said Mike was tired of having about 3,000 people show up for it so that's why I guess.

Just not enough incentive to show up. They really need to combine it with like a concert to some kind of event. Have more going on than just the scrimmage.

HawgAdvocate

October 10, 2014, 01:30:26 pm #8 Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 02:34:44 pm by HawgAdvocate
Quote from: The_Iceman on October 10, 2014, 01:22:44 pm
They really need to combine it with like a concert to some kind of event. Have more going on than just the scrimmage.

Bad idea. If you have to coerce people into coming for an event that is supposed to feature Razorback Basketball, you're not going to succeed in getting people to show up early (or stay late) for the Hogs in the first place. Then it becomes a much larger sunk cost.

They have to win enough games and get back to the Dance, making enough people believe they're worth investing some free time in. That's all there is to it.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

azhog10

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on October 10, 2014, 01:30:26 pm
Bad idea. If you have to coerce people into coming for an event that is supposed to feature Razorback Basketball, you're not going to succeed in getting people to show up early (or stay late) for the Hogs in the first place. Then it becomes a much larger sunk cost.

They have to win enough games and get back to the Dance, making enough people believe they're worth investing some free time in. That's all there is to it.
Hate to say it but he's right.

Can't put something on display and brag about it, when you have nothing to brag about yet. In time this should change, but for now more energy and focus should be put into getting these guys ready to make the big dance.

mhuff

I would like to see another Robken personality at the game. He would have the house rocking ,and it would be a " Happening " to be at the game. I believe in cycles ,and it's way past due to cycle back up. Right now I just would like to be respectable.

HognitiveDissonance

I still remember Craig Tyson hopping into the lane, planting, and popping his knee completely out during one of these Midnight Madness events in the early 90s. He was in obvious pain. His career here was pretty much over.

Yea, that was a fluke, but that is the downside of having these types of events.

Mainly, when the product gets better people will clamor to have it again.