Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dre Greenlaw gets Ark Offer

Started by greenie, October 09, 2014, 05:40:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

greenie

Uncommon

Good for him.  This will probably be the last full in-state offer.  We offer any more in-staters and I think we've whiffed some on the recruiting trail.  Congrats Mr. Greenlaw!

RazorBassin

HOGINTENNESSEE

I think he can be a Anthony Leon type player

The Hogfather

Wish he was fast enough to play safety!  Either way, he's a player. 

mbgrulz

Quote from: Uncommon on October 09, 2014, 05:55:14 pm
Good for him.  This will probably be the last full in-state offer.  We offer any more in-staters and I think we've whiffed some on the recruiting trail.  Congrats Mr. Greenlaw!
I believe that there are only FULL offers in football and basketball. No partials like you see in baseball and other non-revenue sports.

Uncommon

Quote from: mbgrulz on October 09, 2014, 07:06:22 pm
I believe that there are only FULL offers in football and basketball. No partials like you see in baseball and other non-revenue sports.
I was referring to the Daniel Sprinkle situation where we've said that if he walks on we'll put him on scholarship by his Redshirt Sophomore or Junior year.

mbgrulz

Quote from: Uncommon on October 09, 2014, 07:12:41 pm
I was referring to the Daniel Sprinkle situation where we've said that if he walks on we'll put him on scholarship by his Redshirt Sophomore or Junior year.
Gotcha...

OLDHOG

Good. I like Arkansas boys. Hope he commits.

mbgrulz

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on October 09, 2014, 06:44:28 pm
I think he can be a Anthony Leon type player
I understand that he is a D-back that projects as a LB, but they are way different body types.

Leon was long and lanky...Dre is built more compact and muscular.

The thing with Dre is that his dad (Brian Early) is a living testament of how to take care of and fuel your body as an athlete. Dre has really benefitted from this and  I think this has lead to a lot of Dre blowing up like he has as a player.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: mbgrulz on October 09, 2014, 07:17:52 pm
I understand that he is a D-back that projects as a LB, but they are way different body types.

The thing with Dre is that his dad (Brian Early) is a living testament of how to take care of and fuel your body as an athlete. Dre has really benefitted from this and  I think this has lead to a lot of Dre blowing up like he has as a player.

I have never seen Dre in person but he looks long and Lanky to me in his video

Jerrajo

50/50 with us and Astate ? Guess because his dad works there ? Not sure why anyone with talent would go there otherwise.

Huds_HawgTide

He is balling out like crazy this year...he has earned it in the field against good competition
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Melorock089

I can't blame him if he wants to play for his father at AState.

The Boar War

Quote from: Melorock089 on October 09, 2014, 08:49:16 pm
I can't blame him if he wants to play for his father at AState.

With the way ASU is going his dad could be replaced four times by his senior year.

That's not meant as a reflection on his dad but I wouldn't use a position on ASU's staff as a selling point when it comes to recruiting.

CDBHawg

Quote from: Jerrajo on October 09, 2014, 08:16:53 pm
50/50 with us and Astate ? Guess because his dad works there ? Not sure why anyone with talent would go there otherwise.

We gained 50%, they lost 50%. I think he'll be a hog.

Huds_HawgTide

I was hoping for commit on the spot
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on October 09, 2014, 09:49:40 pm
I was hoping for commit on the spot

If his Adoptive Father wasn't at ASU it would have been.

mbgrulz

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on October 09, 2014, 07:44:45 pm
I have never seen Dre in person but he looks long and Lanky to me in his video
He's definitely not a lanky guy...not overly tall, and DEFINITELY not skinny...I think he'd make a GREAT WLB or maybe SS. He is a really muscled up guy.

arkansasrazorback

He is just saying that.  He is 100% Hog.  No one is debating Sun Belt and SEC.

SemperFi

Hope he pulls the trigger and commits to the Hogs. Based solely on his highlight video he can flat out play. I'm a huge fan of Arkansas kids filling up the roster.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

ricepig

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on October 09, 2014, 10:09:44 pm
He is just saying that.  He is 100% Hog.  No one is debating Sun Belt and SEC.
Well, as his dad just tweeted, more offers to come.

WBC Hog

Quote from: The Boar War on October 09, 2014, 09:10:12 pm
With the way ASU is going his dad could be replaced four times by his senior year.

That's not meant as a reflection on his dad but I wouldn't use a position on ASU's staff as a selling point when it comes to recruiting.

LOL. Couldn't have said it any better!

Hawgzinbowlz

To be at 50%/50% immediately indicates he'll be a Hog, and out of respect for his dad he isn't committing for a short period of time.

I can't imagine replacing the dream of a lifetime with playing in the Sun Belt or another SEC school.

He looks like a thumper.

" GO HOGS "

MissippHog

Per RD's article:

Greenlaw said the offer from Arkansas was dream true and it's the place he's been wanting to play since he was three years old. He said right now he's committed to Arkansas State. His father, Brian Early is an assistant coach for the Red Wolves.

Kid is obviously a Hog fan.  Don't sweat this one, he's going to be a Hog.  He wouldn't have said that otherwise.

CallThemHawgs!

Big offer by the Hogs... really glad to see this!

Hawg_Thai'd

Now this is a very insightful post. I am not personally informed about Dre, just what I read, but it would be great to get a guy who is already familer with nutrition and being healthy.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: The Boar War on October 09, 2014, 09:10:12 pm

I would say his dads performance coaching the ASU DL has been as impressive and eye-opening as his son's performance.

I look for both to be getting more 'big-time' offers going forward.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

scruf

Yeah, Dre is built like Spaight was in HS.

DoggtownHog

I think he looks fast enough to play SS. He seems really strong too because those HS kids he's hitting look like they're running into walls. Also appears to have FB instincts.
How stupid a man is depends on where he's standing.

Razorpigg

Quote from: DoggtownHog on October 10, 2014, 11:21:41 am
I think he looks fast enough to play SS. He seems really strong too because those HS kids he's hitting look like they're running into walls. Also appears to have FB instincts.

If he runs a 4.53 40, he is fast enough.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Razorpigg on October 10, 2014, 12:27:13 pm
If he runs a 4.53 40, he is fast enough.

Does he really run a 4.53?  Someone said earlier, I thought, that we're recruiting him as an OLB.

Razorpigg

Quote from: The Hogfather on October 10, 2014, 12:39:02 pm
Does he really run a 4.53?  Someone said earlier, I thought, that we're recruiting him as an OLB.

That's what I read somewhere. Lemme see if I can find it again. Pretty sure we are recruiting him as an OLB.

redeye

So does his dad live in Fayetteville?  An ASU coach in Fayetteville is just funny.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: Seminole Indian on October 10, 2014, 07:40:55 am
I would say his dads performance coaching the ASU DL has been as impressive and eye-opening as his son's performance.

I look for both to be getting more 'big-time' offers going forward.

As good a reason as any to go to a bigger program.  And that's no offense to ASU. 

Got_da_captain

rumor is he is still leaning ASU 60/40. According to Early today.

Named a few reasons. Mostly with Q Lee graduating believes he will be a penciled in Starter at LB or in the rotation right away. Early also says that the other 24 commits ASU has right now already act as a family and might be a big recruiting tool for ASU.

gmarv

if you really dreamed of playing for the hogs and they will have you then nothing else would seem to do.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Got_da_captain on October 10, 2014, 02:06:52 pm

Named a few reasons. Mostly with Q Lee graduating believes he will be a penciled in Starter at LB or in the rotation right away. Early also says that the other 24 commits ASU has right now already act as a family and might be a big recruiting tool for ASU.
He may stay with A-State. but only because his dad coaches there. i posted this yesterday when people were getting ahead of themselves here and on other boards. if it were me there would be no choice. SEC AND SUNBELT. ARkANSAS AND A-STATE. there is no choice to make. if he stays with A-State it's because of his Dad.

Porked Tongue

Don't assume his dad stays at A St.

Got_da_captain

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 10, 2014, 02:28:25 pm
Don't assume his dad stays at A St.
Exactly! If he stays committed to A st. It's  bc of that staff collectively. Trooper Taylor is the prime suspect.

I wouldn't be too sure about these athletes either once you start being recruited you throw out Fandom. You basically become a free agent looking for an opportunity to play and go to the NFL. Winning is a huge bonus. Conference tittles and bowls are more.

t-money

Kid looks like a really good athlete. Can cover a WR good, has good vision on offense and defense, and hits like Ken Hamlin. I hope he comes to UA, we need to get some meanness on the defensive side of the ball. Join us Dre!
W. - What's
  I. -  Important
   N. -  Now

-Lou Holtz

forrest city joe

Quote from: Got_da_captain on October 10, 2014, 02:32:57 pm
Exactly! If he stays committed to A st. It's  bc of that staff collectively. Trooper Taylor is the prime suspect.

I wouldn't be too sure about these athletes either once you start being recruited you throw out Fandom. You basically become a free agent looking for an opportunity to play and go to the NFL. Winning is a huge bonus. Conference tittles and bowls are more.
Stop it. do you really think he would even be committed to A-State if his Dad were not coaching there? Trooper Taylor may be good. but he s not that good.

Got_da_captain

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 10, 2014, 03:07:43 pm
Stop it. do you really think he would even be committed to A-State if his Dad were not coaching there? Trooper Taylor may be good. but he s not that good.

Dad is A factor. Trooper Taylor is that Good. All the recruits love that guy including our commit Devonte Stewart.

I will also point at the the fact they already have a full class for 2015 for the way trooper can recruit

ricepig

Quote from: Got_da_captain on October 10, 2014, 02:06:52 pm

Early is publicly talking about commits?? That would be a violation....

Hogfan46

Quote from: ricepig on October 10, 2014, 05:26:42 pm

On the surface, yes.  Gray area because he is his father.

PorkRinds

Dude is obviously FOS.

showme

Where does the poster say that Early said this publicly ? I don't see that in his post.