Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Todd Gurley is suspended, returns, and suffers ACL injury

Started by NoNC4Tubs, September 30, 2014, 11:41:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

inhognation

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on October 09, 2014, 05:18:49 pm
They couldn't prove Manziel. They seem to have more information in this case.

The Ohio State players were suspended. Pryor even went to the NFL and the NFL carried over his college suspension.

But the point is OSU players were suspended into the next college season and I think all or most of them of them left, so none of them missed a game.

I just think he will miss this weekend and play next weekend.   

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MissippHog on October 09, 2014, 05:19:15 pm
Hahahaha, that woman is a hypocrite and I wish someone would call her out on it.  She voted for both Manziel and Winston, but now she's getting all moral on us?

Biggest joke of an award in sports anyway. 

UGa won't play him without the investigation being done and having at least discussed it with the NCAA if not received a ruling. 

If he did it, under the rules he should be punished.  Maybe the best RB in the SEC since DMac and one those that would be mentioned among the best ever.  Hate it from that standpoint but it may be good for the Hogs. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

superior_wang

I thought it was richts job to screw up Georgia's season every year.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Doug on October 09, 2014, 04:43:03 pm
http://www.chatsports.com/ncaa/a/BREAKING-Georgia-RB-Todd-Gurley-Suspended-Indefinitely-10-205-3083

Being reported that he got paid to autograph stuff.

Yeah.  This rumor surfaced a few days ago.  I mentioned then, about Gurley's mistake.

He should have called Manziel first, & found out the best way to do that stuff....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Pickwick Hog

Here's the real deal...how in the hell did Gurley think his actions were OK? Did he disrespect Mark Richt, ignore Mark Richt or did Mark Richt not tell his team this was a No-No?
Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on October 09, 2014, 04:49:21 pm

Smdh...

#1 in the Heisman voting, about to make more than you could ever dream of.... and you wanna snag a couple hundreds on the side autographing stuff.

Idiots

Yep, if he's  guilty.... don't feel a bit sorry for him.  Can't fix stupid....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

rhog1

@AnthonyDasher1 UGA AD Greg McGarity tells me via text the school will not have any comment on Todd Gurley right now, but will perhaps next week.

Seems like this suspension may be for a while.

PORKULATOR

If he could just stick to the lie, he'd only be suspended for a half of one game. Then he could go out there in the second half making money jestures like Little Johnny Manhumper.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

ballz2thewall

i saw this headline on a website yesterday and didn't read it.  the subheading says he was caught on video.  it also said he was selling on ebay.

i'll go see if i can find it.

edit; here's a reddit link. its not what i saw yesterday but its similar.
http://www.reddit.com/tb/2ist2r
The rest of the frog.

threeNout

SEC Rushing Leaders:

1. Gurley   773
2. Collins    621

Reel him in Alex.

Hoggles

Lots of people on reddit said there are TONS of signed stuff by him on eBay. He got greedy and stupid, pure and simple.

Hogarusa

Rules are the rulea so dumb on his part but so absurd that players cant make cash off of autographs.  Ncaa is worth of billions of dollars, Richt makes about $4 million a year but Gurley cant sign items and post them on Ebay.  I hope it is settled and he is able play immediately
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on September 30, 2014, 11:41:19 am
Hearing some buzz that a bunch of ESPN reporters are snooping around Athens. Something about Gurley signing autographs for money.   8)

Mods feel free to delete if this is not allowed.

There ya go......... 8)

Danny J

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Pickwick Hog

Gurley will be suspended for 3 or 4 games at UGA's request. That's what you do to prevent the NCAA from beeoch slapping you. There is NO way in hell he shows up in LR. None.
Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.

ballz2thewall

from what i'm reading

about 6 months ago

a reddit poster did an AMA [ask me anything] about how athletes try and market their schwag.  he ran the post by the mods first, who asked him to not name names.  he agreed.

he did describe many methods, including the trickle down from ebay.  among other things he stated that there is a 100% heisman candidate that has TONS of items and action, far and above any of the others.

this, it turns out, is gurley. 

so, as far as 6 months ago people in that world were paying attention to gurley action on ebay.

fyi,

The rest of the frog.

husker71

jbcarol

Andy Staples @Andy_Staples  ·  31 minutes ago
http://SI.com  has learned a person confirmed to Georgia compliance that he paid Gurley $400 to sign 80 items.http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/10/09/todd-gurley-georgia-bulldogs-suspension ...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Seth Emerson @SethEmerson  ·  2h 2 hours ago
Here's the release from UGA on Todd Gurley:
http://www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/100914aad.html ...

QuoteATHENS ----- University of Georgia tailback Todd Gurley has been indefinitely suspended from competition by the UGA Athletic Association during an ongoing investigation into an alleged violation of NCAA rules.

"I'm obviously very disappointed," said UGA head football coach Mark Richt. "The important thing for our team is to turn all our attention toward preparation for Missouri."

HogFanatic

You know that these kids already get paid under the table by boosters, etc. On TOP of their scholarship.

People should not be ok with this. The rules were put in place for a reason. It was to keep the playing field somewhat level. I mean, if it went to pure pay-to-play type of stuff, Texas would be your National Champion every single year.

The poster above who said this would be a self-imposed suspension from Georgia itself is exactly right. Otherwise, the hammer has to fall from the NCAA. It sounds like they have him dead to rights and he was flagrant with it.

As Arkansas fans we should feel grateful for the break, because nearly 30% of Georgia's offense runs through Gurley's hands. Arkansas's chances just improved tremendously and there is no way Gurley will be playing against us. Heck, he may not play for the rest of the year.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on October 09, 2014, 06:52:51 pm
You know that these kids already get paid under the table by boosters, etc. On TOP of their scholarship.

People should not be ok with this. The rules were put in place for a reason. It was to keep the playing field somewhat level. I mean, if it went to pure pay-to-play type of stuff, Texas would be your National Champion every single year.

The poster above who said this would be a self-imposed suspension from Georgia itself is exactly right. Otherwise, the hammer has to fall from the NCAA. It sounds like they have him dead to rights and he was flagrant with it.

As Arkansas fans we should feel grateful for the break, because nearly 30% of Georgia's offense runs through Gurley's hands. Arkansas's chances just improved tremendously and there is no way Gurley will be playing against us. Heck, he may not play for the rest of the year.

ga is down to one back.  the other two are hurt for this weekend.
The rest of the frog.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HogFanatic

Oh, also, I saw on the SEC Network a bit ago that Georgia has THREE running backs who aren't expected to play this week against Missouri??

Jesus man. Sounds like Missouri may win the East again.

This could very well spell the end of Mark Richt at Georgia.

Uncommon

According to NCAA reinstatement guidelines, $400 of extra benefits = 2 game suspension (Missouri and Arkansas).

;D

HogFanatic

I don't want Mark Richt to get fired.
1) I think he is a damn fine coach.
2) Georgia has the means to hire someone even better.

Damnit Gurley.

moses_007

I suspect he may be gone for the rest of this season.  Heck, Georgia may just dismiss him permanently from the team and move on.

jbcarol

Dan Wetzel @DanWetzel  ·  2 hours ago
Not much colleges hate more than a guy getting a buck for signing his own name on a picture of himself

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman @BruceFeldmanCFB  ·  56 minutes ago
RE: parallel w Todd Gurley situation to Manziel's 1/2-game suspension should keep in mind process of investigation took weeks to sort out.

davglo35

If he did it on his on time its none of the ncaa's business. I guess theyd do the same thing if he mowed a yard for a mere pentance.

NorthDallas40

Thankfully we know Mark Richt is an upstanding Christian man so we can rest assured that first Green and now Gurley are totally isolated incidents of which the righteous, squeaky clean program had not the slightest inkling.

The Boar War

He'll get a week off to rest up for the game against us.

RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan

As a Mizzou fan, I can guarantee that the Freshman RB Chubb from Georgia will look like a superstar this weekend against MU. We were better off being focused on Gurley, instead of being lulled into a false sense of security.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on October 09, 2014, 04:46:18 pm
Suspended for the first quarter of the Mizzou game?

Better if he's out for all of Mizzou.  Then if he's cleared for Arkansas there will be huge media attention on the game in Little Rock.

Uncommon

usnavyhogfan

I'm sure GA will find a way; some loophole to play him. Hell Ohio State did against us in the sugar bowl.
The dream is free, the journey is not.

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

AugustaHog

Hearing 2 games from my UGA friends who are pretty plugged in.  I would rather beat em with him, but this vastly increases our chances if both he and Sony Michel miss the game in LR.  If we somehow beat Bama, we are staring bowl eligibility in the face with a beat up GA team and UAB the only thing in our way.

redeye

Quote from: Hogarusa on October 09, 2014, 06:12:46 pm
Rules are the rulea so dumb on his part but so absurd that players cant make cash off of autographs.  Ncaa is worth of billions of dollars, Richt makes about $4 million a year but Gurley cant sign items and post them on Ebay.  I hope it is settled and he is able play immediately

You're contradicting yourself.

Quote from: WardamnHOGGLE on October 09, 2014, 05:11:52 pm
He's a shoe-in for the Heisman now.

lol... yea, probably so.

Quote from: RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan on October 09, 2014, 08:13:46 pm
As a Mizzou fan, I can guarantee that the Freshman RB Chubb from Georgia will look like a superstar this weekend against MU. We were better off being focused on Gurley, instead of being lulled into a false sense of security.

Well, now you only have one to focus on, so you're still better off.

Jimbob111

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on October 09, 2014, 04:54:52 pm
Anyone remember 2010 when we beat Georgia in Athens? AJ Green was suspended for the exact same thing.

Are you sure?  The announcers would have mentioned it if AJ Greene hadn't played. I watched that whole game and I didn't hear that...

/sarcasm off
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

WADHOG

I hope he plays against us.  If USC can beat them with Gurley, I feel we can too.

root_hawg

He will pay it back sit out 2 games and be back this season. IMO

thebignasty

This sort of crap never ever ever works out in our favor.  End result is healthy, rested, pissed off Gurley suits up in War Memorial.

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on October 09, 2014, 04:50:33 pm
If they can confirm it, it will probably be a 4 game suspension or so. That's what it was for AJ Green for the same thing.
Didn't he sell his game jersey?

Fayettechill14

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 09, 2014, 11:16:18 pm
Didn't he sell his game jersey?

Yep. Gurley sold a bunch of smaller autographed stuff and presumably some equipment as well. Sold for $8 to $25 per item.

moses_007

http://www.foxsports.com/ohio/story/johnny-manziel-ncaa-twitter-cleveland-browns-georgia-todd-gurley-100914

Is A&M seriously considering renaming Kyle Field as "The House that Johnny Built"?  Seriously, Aggies, he wasn't THAT great.