Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Todd Gurley is suspended, returns, and suffers ACL injury

Started by NoNC4Tubs, September 30, 2014, 11:41:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bigred223

Quote from: LZH on October 14, 2014, 12:35:46 pm
Georgia may very well be the best team in the conference.  Mizzou was obviously overrated, but the Dawgs probably would have beaten anyone Saturday.....anyone.  They looked damn good on both sides of the ball.

Disagree. They lost to a sub par SC, and Missouri lost to the Hoosiers for goodness sake. They have some good players, but they have no QB. If Gurley doesn't play we should win by two TDs. If he does it will be a toss up like the last two weeks, IMO.

I think both Miss Schools, Auburn and Alabama are for sure better than Georgia. We may be better than Georgia, and we will find out Saturday.

bigred223

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on October 14, 2014, 02:20:45 pm
Efficient, perhaps.  His WR's made a lot of great catches for him.

And even with a very effective running game he averaged about 7 yards a completion, so he should have been efficient.

I don't think that's going to work vs. our D Saturday.  Unless we just don't show up mentally, and I don't see that happening.

Yes did he throw a pass over 10 yards all day? Our defense is better than Mizzou's, and that stuff will not work against us, especially if Gurley isn't playing. They have zero downfield passing threat, and BA will be the best QB on the field come Saturday. Mason averages a measly 6.5 yards per attempt.

Danny J

Quote from: bigred223 on October 14, 2014, 07:19:57 pm
Disagree. They lost to a sub par SC, and Missouri lost to the Hoosiers for goodness sake. They have some good players, but they have no QB. If Gurley doesn't play we should win by two TDs. If he does it will be a toss up like the last two weeks, IMO.

I think both Miss Schools, Auburn and Alabama are for sure better than Georgia. We may be better than Georgia, and we will find out Saturday.
I agree and as I have mentioned before the only schools we lost to were schools beaten up by fellow west division rivals. That is to say the only schools to have beaten a western division team is another western division team. I think we are going to expose UGA. We are battle tested against the best of the best and almost came out on top in two of those three games. We will learn from those mistakes and this will be the week we finally get it done.

N HOG

We hold the world's championship for suspended players cleared in time to play us.

Gurley plays.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on October 14, 2014, 08:56:02 am
After what i saw Saturday i believe GA's OL is better than the bammers also.

Will Friend is a better OL Coach than is Mario Cristobal.

Tracy Rocker is a better DL Coach than is Bo Davis.

After Mississippi State's line of scrimmage, Georgia's line of scrimmage will be the 2nd best we will face this season. 

Calling All Hogs

I can't wait until Saturday when we beat UGA and this kind of chatter at least temporarily stops.

LZH

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on October 14, 2014, 11:35:34 pm
I can't wait until Saturday when we beat UGA and this kind of chatter at least temporarily stops.

Considering my SEC picks so far this year, I'd ignore most of my opinions on who's the best team in the conference, too.

jbcarol

Seth Emerson @SethEmerson  ·  5 minutes ago

I'm told not to expect anything official on the Gurley front today, at least as far as an official announcement.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Mark Richt @MarkRicht  ·  1 hour ago

I will try to clear up Todd's status. "We will let you know if his status changes. Not anticipating it to change this week."

Seth Emerson @SethEmerson  ·  50 minutes ago

Mark Richt tweet would indicate that Todd Gurley will not play at Arkansas, barring something changing.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

SwazyHog

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/georgia-football/uga-mark-richt-tweets-todd-gurley/

I will try to clear up Todd's status. "We will let you know if his status changes. Not anticipating it to change this week."
"I felt like I owed it to the state. They let me come in and transfer here to Arkansas, and I felt like it wouldn't be fair after one year to just up and leave."

"This is your Public Service Announcement  for 2010: Remember, No One's Buckass Snitshit Crazier Than Arkansas Fans."

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HoggusMaximus

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 16, 2014, 08:11:09 am
IE No Gurley man this week.

good, to hell with the we want them at their best crap take any advantage you can there is no chivalry in college football.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on October 16, 2014, 08:32:40 am
good, to hell with the we want them at their best crap take any advantage you can there is no chivalry in college football.
This

Sivad

"not anticipating"...thanks for being so definitive Richt.

GolfnHog

Damn right. And it's still early (Thursday) and GA players seem to have the propensity of getting themselves suspended at any given time. The more that can find a way to get suspended thru late tomorrow, the better.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Jek Tono Porkins

Damn right. The way I look at it, rules are rules and if you break the rules you don't play. You follow the rules, you play. Pretty simple.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

bigdaddyhawg

Yeah, well, your job is not on the line with a conference loosing streak.

And you're not a LB or a S that has to tackle that guy.

If you were, your thinking might be a tad different.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: SwazyHog on October 16, 2014, 08:03:59 am
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/georgia-football/uga-mark-richt-tweets-todd-gurley/

If this tweet were from 95%+ of all the coaches in CFB, I'd dismiss it with a grain of salt.

But I believe Mark Richt is a very moral man and his word is good.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on October 16, 2014, 09:11:11 am

What?
Quote from: HoggusMaximus on October 16, 2014, 09:11:11 am

What?

I am so sorry.  I completely misread your post.  Last time I put it off on "Senior Moment".   This time I'll go with "lack of sleep".

Bacon_Bitz

HoggusMaximus

I agree with you irregardless I wouldn't want to tackle Gurley.

jbcarol

Seth Emerson @SethEmerson  ·  3h 3 hours ago

Richt does not "anticipate" Gurley suspension being lifted this week. http://www.macon.com/2014/10/16/3366247/richt-does-not-anticipate-gurley.html ...

QuoteGeorgia appeared to be preparing for Gurley's absence this week by moving sophomore J.J. Green back to tailback, after Green had played safety this season.

Assuming there is no late change, Georgia will roll again at tailback with freshman Nick Chubb, sophomore Brendan Douglas and now Green. Junior Keith Marshall has been practicing this week, but Richt said Marshall was doubtful because of his ankle and knee sprain.

OTTER

Never count your chickens befor your eggs hatch.  It could change any minute!  Remember who we are dealing with.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Ragnar Hogbrok

Thunderdome, baby.  Two teams enter, one team leaves.  Darn the rest.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Hawgtavious

Mcshay said on CFB Live yesterday that they will find out friday. Will travel with team if elegible

Ex-Trumpet

Given the state of affairs at FSU, if I were Gurley I'd be pissed!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

OTTER

Quote from: The Chief on October 16, 2014, 09:31:13 am
Thunderdome, baby.  Two teams enter, one team leaves.  Darn the rest.
I like that---good reference!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hogarusa

So by Richt saying that i am fully anticipating Gurley to play now.  Why would he tweet this when the game is still a full 48+ hours away?
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

PORKULATOR

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on October 16, 2014, 09:10:30 am
If this tweet were from 95%+ of all the coaches in CFB, I'd dismiss it with a grain of salt.

But I believe Mark Richt is a very moral man and his word is good.
He's a rarity. Like CBB
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

bigdaddyhawg

HogScoutMaster

"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

jbcarol

NCAA doesn't clarify Todd Gurley's status after meeting with UGA officials

QuoteNo news isn't exactly good news for Georgia regarding Todd Gurley's suspension.

According to a release from the University of Georgia, President Jere W. Morehead, Director of Athletics Greg McGarity, and other University of Georgia representatives met with the NCAA Committee of Infractions Thursday in Indianapolis. Gurley's status was discussed, though, and nothing was decided during the meeting.

"There is no new news at this time and no further comment is necessary," the statement read.

With the Bulldogs set to depart for Fayetteville, Ark. tomorrow, any hope of Gurley's return will turn toward a target date of Nov. 1 against the Florida Gators.

bphi11ips

I predicted a win last December.  Don't give a rat's rear whether Girlie plays or not. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 16, 2014, 08:11:09 am
IE No Gurley man this week.

LOL this made me flash back to the old Hanz and Franz skit on SNL. Little Gurley man!
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Gurley is very unlikely to play.  He has an autograph signing scheduled, Sat. afternoon.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

NoNC4Tubs

Hawgs beat the dawgs........with or without Girley.  8)

root_hawg

sowmonella

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on October 17, 2014, 12:12:51 am
Gurley is very unlikely to play.  He has an autograph signing scheduled, Sat. afternoon.

LOL.  +1
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

razorsharptusk

GO HOGS!!

Boarcephus

Quote from: PORKULATOR on October 16, 2014, 11:25:05 am
He's a rarity. Like CBB

And totally unlike Jimbo Fisher.  Appears Jimbo's reputation has taken a fairly major hit this year.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

jbcarol

College GameDay @CollegeGameDay  ·  33 minutes ago

Todd Gurley will not play vs Arkansas as the RB did not make the trip to Arkansas: http://es.pn/1046umb 

jbcarol

Marc Weiszer @marcweiszer  ·  25 minutes ago
Mark Richt asked on College GameDay about latest on Gurley investigation: "Everybody's working on it. We'll find out when we find out."

jbcarol

David Paschall @DavidSPaschall  ·  Oct 17
Bruce Feldman reports "plenty of internal squabbling" at Georgia regarding the handling of Todd Gurley's suspension and investigation.

jbcarol

AJC UGA @ChipTowersAJC  ·  1 hour ago
Heckuva statement when #UGA's dress-out roster starts with #5. 1-thru-4 pretty good players: Michel, Dawson, Gurley, Marshall.

jbcarol

Seth Emerson @SethEmerson  ·  3h 3 hours ago
Richt with no update on Gurley status: "We'll let you know if something's important enough to tell you."

jbcarol

Mark Schlabach        ✔ @Mark_Schlabach
#UGA coach Mark Richt told me he's optimistic on Todd Gurley's reinstatement and "hopefully we'll know sooner rather than later"
6:26 PM - 22 Oct 2014

jbcarol

Marc Weiszer @marcweiszer  ·  Oct 22
Richt said he knew before the Arkansas game week that Todd Gurley was not going to play.

jbcarol

Pat Dooley @pat_dooley  ·  Oct 22
Was there ever any doubt Gurley would be reinstated for Florida game? Not ripping Georgia, just pointing out more Zookluck for Muschamp.