Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Todd Gurley is suspended, returns, and suffers ACL injury

Started by NoNC4Tubs, September 30, 2014, 11:41:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NoNC4Tubs

Hearing some buzz that a bunch of ESPN reporters are snooping around Athens. Something about Gurley signing autographs for money.   8)

Mods feel free to delete if this is not allowed.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on September 30, 2014, 11:41:19 am

Hearing some buzz that a bunch of ESPN reporters are snooping around Athens. Something about Gurley signing autographs for money.   8)

Mods feel free to delete if this is not allowed.

Well, if there is any truth to this rumor.....Gurley needs to call Manziel, & ask him the best way to handle this sort of thing....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

zane

Seems a certain tailback has been suspended indefinitely for breaking NCAA rules
RIP LSUfan

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Fayettechill14

THIS IS THE BREAK WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!

:razorback:

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jjdlc

QuoteStewart Mandel @slmandel

@slmandel: NEWS: Georgia has suspended Todd Gurley indefinitely due to an investigation into alleged NCAA rules violation. http://t.co/8GNPou2bP0

That changes things.

FreshHog

B501

Arazorbackguy1

No doubt. Then he'll be re-suspended after our game. #karma
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: hogsanity on October 09, 2014, 04:28:22 pm
it'll all be cleared up by next Sat.

Yeah that's usually how it works. Auburn's guy suddenly got eligible.

B501

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

hogsanity

TheGreatHogsby

hoss cartrack

hey baby....you look like a real bad idea.   come on over herel

The_Iceman

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on October 09, 2014, 04:30:01 pm
No doubt. Then he'll be re-suspended after our game. #karma

Yep, you know it will happen. I wouldn't be surprised if he is reinstated before the Mizzou game, honestly.

Check the NCAA's history: Cam Newton, Johnny Manziel, Terrell Pryor.

Pickwick Hog

This will be one of those impermissible benefits or agent contact deals. Supposedly the investigation has been going on for a while now.
Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

superior_wang

sickboy

Atlhogfan1

Unbelievable in conference luck continues for Mizzou. 

I respect UGa more than most for how they handle things.  Sad news for college football. Hope whatever comes out that the investigation into what happened and the ruling on it comes swiftly and it is fair unlike most NCAA issues. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Bacons Rebellion

Georgia will appeal to the NCAA and they'll say he can play against us and sit out a game next year.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 09, 2014, 04:37:18 pm
Unbelievable in conference luck continues for Mizzou. 

I respect UGa more than most for how they handle things.  Sad news for college football. Hope whatever comes out that the investigation into what happened and the ruling on it comes swiftly and it is fair unlike most NCAA issues. 

Wouldn't surprise me if Mizzou won this weekend now.

Doug

--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

lahawg1

Fayettechill14

threeNout

One game off, but enough for a healthy Collins to win the SEC rushing title this year.

just keep plugging away every week now Alex.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Doug on October 09, 2014, 04:43:03 pm
http://www.chatsports.com/ncaa/a/BREAKING-Georgia-RB-Todd-Gurley-Suspended-Indefinitely-10-205-3083

Being reported that he got paid to autograph stuff.

Smdh...

#1 in the Heisman voting, about to make more than you could ever dream of.... and you wanna snag a couple hundreds on the side autographing stuff.

Idiots

Fayettechill14

If they can confirm it, it will probably be a 4 game suspension or so. That's what it was for AJ Green for the same thing.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

twistitup

Quote from: lahawg1 on October 09, 2014, 04:46:12 pm
If that's true, he should go ahead and saddle up with an agent, he's gone now.

No....he just needs to hire JM Consulting
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on October 09, 2014, 04:50:33 pm
If they can confirm it, it will probably be a 4 game suspension or so. That's what it was for AJ Green for the same thing.
That's what they are saying on Finebaum.  He's talking to someone who covers Georgia.  He won't be suiting up next weekend against us at the very least.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

rljjr

Well ... If he isn't playing in our game (which will surprise me) then this will be shades of our game in Athens when all they talked about was their injured receiver.

Fayettechill14

Anyone remember 2010 when we beat Georgia in Athens? AJ Green was suspended for the exact same thing.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: rljjr on October 09, 2014, 04:54:31 pm
Well ... If he isn't playing in our game (which will surprise me) then this will be shades of our game in Athens when all they talked about was their injured receiver.
Well, don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Doug

Lisa Horne, Heisman voter, has all but confirmed that she has just taken Gurley off her list of candidates; came right out and stated that any off-field issues will remove a player from consideration.

Stewart Mandel @slmandel
Sadly, this has become an annual Heisman race tradition.

Lisa Horne ‏@LisaHorne
@slmandel Agreed. I have a standing rule: if a player is susp'd for any part of a game due to off field issues, he's off my Heisman ballot
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on October 09, 2014, 04:27:49 pm
THIS IS THE BREAK WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!

:razorback:

Been better if they'd beaten Mizzou and still been in the Top 10 but I'll take it.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on October 09, 2014, 05:05:41 pm
Been better if they'd beaten Mizzou and still been in the Top 10 but I'll take it.

Let's get to 6 wins and then start thinking about maximizing the effect of them.

aar0n

Well, suddenly I'm not AS concerned if we don't win this weekend, because there a beatdown in the Rock a'comin' next! 

WardamnHOGGLE

inhognation

Wasn't Johnny Football only suspended for a half for signing autographs and didn't the Ohio State players never serve a suspension for Tatoogate.  I say Gurley will play next week.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: inhognation on October 09, 2014, 05:16:09 pm
Wasn't Johnny Football only suspended for a half for signing autographs and didn't the Ohio State players never serve a suspension for Tatoogate.  I say Gurley will play next week.

They couldn't prove Manziel. They seem to have more information in this case.

The Ohio State players were suspended. Pryor even went to the NFL and the NFL carried over his college suspension.

MissippHog

Quote from: Doug on October 09, 2014, 05:00:22 pm
Lisa Horne, Heisman voter, has all but confirmed that she has just taken Gurley off her list of candidates; came right out and stated that any off-field issues will remove a player from consideration.

Stewart Mandel @slmandel
Sadly, this has become an annual Heisman race tradition.

Lisa Horne ‏@LisaHorne
@slmandel Agreed. I have a standing rule: if a player is susp'd for any part of a game due to off field issues, he's off my Heisman ballot
Hahahaha, that woman is a hypocrite and I wish someone would call her out on it.  She voted for both Manziel and Winston, but now she's getting all moral on us?