Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Famutimi signs with Storm

Started by HawgWild, October 08, 2014, 03:39:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgWild

Saw this headline in the Charlottetown (PEI)  Guardian today.

yraciv

To clarify:
Island Storm - Canadian Basketball Association
http://www.theguardian.pe.ca/Sports/2014-10-07/article-3895546/Famutimi-signs-with-Storm/1

And if you want to know what I find found the most interesting part of this story?  The one and only Renardo Sidney has resurfaced.  He has been all but invisible after a brief stint in which he never played with L.A's D League teams.

sickboy

I thought he had a sex change for second. Or was attempting to recreate the movie Juwanna Man.

HawgWild

I took a photo of the article but couldn't upload it from my phone. They were excited to get him.

yraciv

Quote from: sickboy on October 08, 2014, 04:13:37 pm
I thought he had a sex change for second. Or was attempting to recreate the movie Juwanna Man.

His tits are certainly big enough, but that whole 6'9 thing screwed up that dream for him.

Big Nasty 34

yraciv

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on October 08, 2014, 09:16:49 pm
6-9? Did he grow after college??

He is about 6'9. He measured 6'8.5 without shoes at predraft workouts, but he also came in 300+ w/ 22.4% body fat.

razordank42

nickname for him at arkansas...olu "turnitover" famutimi

Boarcephus

I remember all the hype that came with him and I was excited to finally get a MAA but he was basically a bust here, if I recall correctly.  I think he tore a knee up prior to coming here and was never as good as advertised and I'm sure that due to the fact it was too soon after the surgery.   Wish the guy well.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Boarcephus on October 09, 2014, 08:41:24 am
I remember all the hype that came with him and I was excited to finally get a MAA but he was basically a bust here, if I recall correctly.  I think he tore a knee up prior to coming here and was never as good as advertised and I'm sure that due to the fact it was too soon after the surgery.   Wish the guy well.

Me too. Thought that guy was going to be a stud. Never recovered from knee mentally or physically I don't think.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Hawg Red

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on October 08, 2014, 09:16:49 pm
6-9? Did he grow after college??

To be clear, he's talking about Renardo Sidney, not Olu Famitimi.

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Hawg Red

Big Nasty 34

Ok, the guy who had the original quote was off. The first quote was talking about olu and a sex change, not Sydney. It makes sense now lol.

yraciv

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 09, 2014, 10:45:07 am
Renardo Sidney, yes.

Ha, yes I meant Sidney! It's a story when he isn't 300 pounds.

yraciv

Quote from: razordank42 on October 09, 2014, 08:21:58 am
nickname for him at arkansas...olu "turnitover" famutimi

You must be mistaken Famutimi for someone else. The guy averaged 1 turnover a game his last season here.  Modica, Jefferson, Ferguson, all turned over the ball at a much higher rate.

I know by and large Famutimi was a disappointment due to the hype, but after a rough FR season, he really rebounded as a SO.  9 pts, 4 reb, 1 stl, 1 ast, and 1 to per game at 21 minutes is efficient, and he shot a respectable 44% from the field and 39% from 3.  And he always brought it on the defensive end!

Polecat

Olu's injury seemed to affect him a great deal. Hopefully he can have a decent pro career
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Polecat on October 09, 2014, 01:10:24 pm
Olu's injury seemed to affect him a great deal. Hopefully he can have a decent pro career

Talk about a name I haven't heard in years. Former McDonald's All American 5 star that wasnt all he was hyped up. Injury maybe hurt him but good luck to him in the pros.

WarPig88

Quote from: Polecat on October 09, 2014, 01:10:24 pm

I think he just lacked a winner's mentality more than he was feeling the effects of an injury. He had plenty of recovery time.

I always thought Stan Heath really lost his job when he played that loser over Modica who was a real competitor. Could have made the tourney a year earlier and then Olutard declared for the draft as gratitude.

DOGALUM

Quote from: WarPig88 on October 10, 2014, 10:35:03 pm
I think he just lacked a winner's mentality more than he was feeling the effects of an injury. He had plenty of recovery time.

I always thought Stan Heath really lost his job when he played that loser over Modica who was a real competitor. Could have made the tourney a year earlier and then Olutard declared for the draft as gratitude.
"loser"?   Feel free to lace them up against the loser you bum.

What a dorkhead.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Hogimus Prime

I really thought Olu, Brewer and Modica rotating at the 2/3 was going to be something.  Olu scoring and slashing. Brewer playing the passing lanes and Modica as a gunner off the bench.

WarPig88

Quote from: DOGALUM on October 11, 2014, 12:03:08 am
"loser"?   Feel free to lace them up against the loser you bum.

What a dorkhead.

The guy never played a minute of collegiate post season play and the Hogs broke through after he left with the same players.

Sorry you can't see the obvious. The guy had NO heart. It was one of the rare occasions where there was an addition by subtraction.

HawgWild

Wasn't Olu a favorite target for Brewer to pass  to for a back door slam?