Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Former UK and Seneca DE Lloyd Tubman is cleared of rape charges

Started by jbcarol, October 07, 2014, 04:36:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Kyle Tucker @KyleTucker_CJ  ·  2 hours ago

UK announces freshman DE Lloyd Tubman suspended indefinitely

Stoops in UK release on Tubman: "Obviously, I'm very concerned about the allegations and all parties involved."

Kyle Tucker @KyleTucker_CJ  ·  1 hour ago

Tubman's charge now listed as first-degree rape.

Lexington police spokeswoman says it was UK PD, not city cops, who made arrest. Uniform citation should show up in court records tomorrow.

Kyle Tucker @KyleTucker_CJ  ·  17 minutes ago

Second straight Tues Mark Stoops not scheduled to talk to media but will to address suspension. Watch live here soon: http://bit.ly/1c6j0kH
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Matt Jones @KySportsRadio  ·  34 minutes ago

Lloyd Tubman suspended indefinitely (UPDATE: Charged with first-degree rape) http://bit.ly/1y2VIKE  #BBN
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Jen Smith @jenheraldleader  ·  36 minutes ago

Most updated information we have on Lloyd Tubman's arrest for on-campus sexual assault: http://www.kentucky.com/2014/10/07/3468469/university-of-kentucky-de-tubman.html ...

QuoteThe 6-foot-5, 225-pounder from Seneca High School in Louisville is charged in a sexual assault that was reported at 11:45 a.m. Thursday by a female student.

UK Police Chief Joe Monroe said his department was investigating the alleged rape, which was reported in a residence hall. He said it involved two students, but he declined to comment further.

Coach Mark Stoops said in a news release: "Obviously, I'm very concerned about the allegations and all parties involved. We're working extremely hard to develop quality young men on and off the field. We will continue to cooperate with the local and campus authorities while the process takes its course."

Tubman committed to UK on national signing day after having previously committed to Penn State. 247Sports.com listed him as a four-star recruit and the No. 12 weak-side defensive end in the nation.

jbcarol

Kyle Tucker @KyleTucker_CJ  ·  11 minutes ago

Stoops met with Tubman and his mom. "I feel for all parties." Stoops really shaken up.

Stoops says he found out Thursday about the incident with Tubman...

jbcarol

Kyle Tucker @KyleTucker_CJ  ·  30 minutes ago

Complete transcript of Mark Stoops addressing freshman DE Lloyd Tubman's suspension, arrest on rape charge: http://www.courier-journal.com/story/uk-beat/2014/10/07/uks-stoops-addresses-tubmans-arrest/16881233/ ...

QuoteOpening statement: "Anytime somebody in our program has an issue like this, it's obviously a major concern. We just feel for all parties involved, and we'll let the legal process go through its course."

On when he found out: "Last Thursday. So it was a tough time, as you can imagine, last week -- last Thursday, last Friday."

On how difficult that was relative to other things in his coaching career: "It was difficult. I'm not so much concerned about myself in that situation, but really it was very difficult to meet with Lloyd and meet with his mother and to see, again, somebody in your program hurting. I feel for all parties. It's obviously not a situation that anybody wants to be in."

jbcarol

Lloyd Tubman @Be_determined_1  ·  Oct 7
For the rod of the wicked shall not rest upon the lot of the righteous; lest the righteous put forth their hands unto iniquity. 💯

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: jbcarol on October 07, 2014, 04:53:14 pm
Kyle Tucker @KyleTucker_CJ  ·  11 minutes ago

Stoops met with Tubman and his mom. "I feel for all parties." Stoops really shaken up.

Stoops says he found out Thursday about the incident with Tubman...

That had to be an awkward meeting........ 8)

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

superior_wang

Women are so incredibly easy these days I have no idea why you'd have to rape someone. Just buy them a  damn taco and you are home free. Beats going to prison. And stop with the crime of violence crap.

Have a great day hogville.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: jbcarol on October 09, 2014, 07:53:41 pm
Lloyd Tubman @Be_determined_1  ·  Oct 7
For the rod of the wicked shall not rest upon the lot of the righteous; lest the righteous put forth their hands unto iniquity. 💯

Maybe not a good time for him to be posting about people's rods.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: superior_wang on October 10, 2014, 06:57:36 am
Women are so incredibly easy these days I have no idea why you'd have to rape someone. Just buy them a  damn taco and you are home free. Beats going to prison. And stop with the crime of violence crap.

Have a great day hogville.

Where can I get these magic tacos?  :D
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

jbcarol

A Fayette County grand jury decided Wednesday not to indict former University of Kentucky football player Lloyd Tubman on a charge of first-degree rape.

"It's over," Fayette Commonwealth's Attorney Ray Larson said.

According to court documents, Tubman, 20, was charged in October after a woman with whom he had a previous relationship accused him of raping her in her dorm room.

QuoteLarson said attorneys from his office presented evidence to the grand jury over a three-day period, "and they heard everything we could present, and they chose not to indict."

"We're not in the grand jury room when they deliberate, so I have no idea, other than the fact that they didn't choose to indict based on the evidence," Larson said.

UK officials said last week that Tubman was not enrolled at the university and was not taking classes...

Tubman, a 6-foot-5, 225-pound defensive end from Louisville, was a four-star recruit. He had 79 tackles, 22½ sacks and seven forced fumbles during his senior season at Seneca, where he was a three-year starter. He chose UK over Vanderbilt, Penn State, Louisville and Nebraska...

jbcarol

Tubman: "I have learned a lot. I'm blessed. There is a living God. In God we trust. Thanks to all who have been praying for me and my family."

jbcarol

Does Stoops think Tubman may return to the UK football team?

It doesn't matter what Stoops thinks.

QuoteWhether Lloyd Tubman is allowed to return to play football for Kentucky after the rape charge against him was dismissed might not be up to the athletics department or head coach Mark Stoops.

Under UK's student conduct rules, a case of sexual assault that goes to the police is automatically heard in an Office of Student Conduct hearing that must be held within 60 days of the incident.

Those hearings operate under a lower burden of proof than the criminal justice system, which did not indict Tubman on Wednesday.

UK officials declined to provide documents sought in a Herald-Leader open-records request about any disciplinary action against Tubman, citing federal student privacy laws.

The former standout from Seneca High School in Louisville has gone through at least part of the process with the disciplinary board, but it's unclear what his future at Kentucky might be.

"As it relates to UK, I don't have any discussion to give other than how disappointed I am with the entire disciplinary board or whatever they may call themselves," Tubman's mother, Warnetta Smith Cooper, said in a series of Facebook messages.

"My son loves UK and wanted to be a part as a family of UK, but sincerely, they never proved me wrong of thoughts on how they treat their athletes."

Cooper went on to say that UK's coaches were "decent and genuine," but added that the disciplinary board "can never be trusted.

"So sad how many athletes could fall victim of (the board's) handling of cases."

When asked directly if Tubman had been suspended or expelled by the disciplinary board, Cooper said: "I can't comment. I said what was on my mind."

A Fayette County grand jury chose Wednesday not to indict the defensive end on a first-degree rape charge.

According to court documents, Tubman, 20, was charged in October after a woman with whom he had a previous relationship accused him of raping her in her dorm room on the morning of Oct. 2.

On Thursday, when asked about Tubman's potential return to the team, athletics spokesman Tony Neely said: "He is not enrolled in school. We do not have any additional comment at this time."

University spokesman Jay Blanton noted that under federal student privacy provisions, UK cannot discuss specific student records.