Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tuesday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, October 07, 2014, 02:34:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JackJohnson

Thanks RD!!

THIS makes me very happy to see

"Miami Norland linebacker Rayshad Jackson reports receiving an offer from Arkansas.

Jackson, 6-2, 215, 4.58 said linebacker coach Randy Shannon told him of the offer. The offer is his first. "

Keep on signing those S. Fl defensive players.  The more the better...

BatesvilleHOG

Thanks for the update RD. In your opinion, do we have a good shot at flipping any prospects in this class? Pat Allen, Bryce English, ect.

Corkscrew Johnson

This is likely going to be our best atmosphere of the season.  I wish we had a few more OVs.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: JackJohnson on October 07, 2014, 02:50:36 pm
Thanks RD!!

THIS makes me very happy to see

"Miami Norland linebacker Rayshad Jackson reports receiving an offer from Arkansas.

Jackson, 6-2, 215, 4.58 said linebacker coach Randy Shannon told him of the offer. The offer is his first. "

Keep on signing those S. Fl defensive players.  The more the better...

Miami is where we can build depth that has a higher ceiling.  I'd like to pull some of these guys out of St. Thomas Aquinas at some point, but they seem to love going to the Big 10 and midwest.

Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Hawgzinbowlz

Good to read that K.J. is taking a visit to Florida without his parents. I think they are settled on seeing K.J. up close and often here in The Natural State.

" GO HOGS "

The Recruiting Guy

JackJohnson

Quote from: Richard Davenport on October 07, 2014, 08:37:27 pm
More on the offer to a Miami LB in 8:34 update
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/oct/07/tuesday/

I totally understand Bielema wanting kids to visit before accepting a commit- however IIRC this same thing happened with Demetrious Jackson last summer.  He committed, we didn't accept it and then Miami came along and offered and he committed and eventually signed with them.  Here is to hoping we get this kid and history doesn't repeat itself BC we NEED LB's!

Pigs_In_Zen

Very surprised we have only one OV scheduled for this game. I see where it says that may change, but that doesn't really make me confident. I love what they've done thus far, so I believe they know what they are doing. Perhaps we want later visits as they are more likely to turn into commits? Has anyone seen any research on percentage of last visit commits, etc.?
Nobody in the game of football should be called a genius. A genius is somebody like Norman Einstein. - Joe Thiesmann

CallThemHawgs!

ONE OV?

How is this not set up to be the biggest recruiting weekend of the year?

BatesvilleHOG

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on October 07, 2014, 11:17:16 pm
ONE OV?

LSU @ Home would be much bigger anyway.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on October 07, 2014, 11:49:26 pm

Why? The weather will probably suck, they are terrible and its not even a rivalry anymore.

ricepig

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on October 07, 2014, 11:17:16 pm
ONE OV?

Lots of kids don't want to take their visits until their season is over, we historically don't get a lot of official visits during the season. Some always ask if it's better to get them during a game, atmosphere, versus having them come in January when the coaches can spend a lot more time with them. I say get them on the campus whenever you can.

Oklahawg

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on October 07, 2014, 11:49:26 pm

Correct. Once the playoffs hit we can get a lot more players in for visits. We will also have a stronger idea of new offers that hit the radar.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

FATHAWG08

Quote from: ricepig on October 08, 2014, 03:36:33 pm
Lots of kids don't want to take their visits until their season is over, we historically don't get a lot of official visits during the season. Some always ask if it's better to get them during a game, atmosphere, versus having them come in January when the coaches can spend a lot more time with them. I say get them on the campus whenever you can.
Coach Freeze mentioned how important their win was as far as recruiting and the recruits that were at the Alabama game. Then they picked up a big recruit early this week. OV in big games in my opinion are huge for the recruit to get a feel for the program on game day.
I love off season Football!!

ricepig

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on October 08, 2014, 05:41:17 pm
Coach Freeze mentioned how important their win was as far as recruiting and the recruits that were at the Alabama game. Then they picked up a big recruit early this week. OV in big games in my opinion are huge for the recruit to get a feel for the program on game day.

Only one I saw was a 2016 commit, so he wasn't on an OV.

http://olemiss.247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/Commits