Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Check out Coach Bielema's most recent Twitter follows (users he's followed)

Started by scruf, October 06, 2014, 07:55:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

scruf

Some are recent 2016 offers and many should be getting offers soon. The staff is onto loads of talent, many from the Lone Star state. WPS!

SemperFi

Can you post some examples please? Don't have access here at work.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

scruf

Quote from: SemperFi on October 06, 2014, 10:23:58 am
Can you post some examples please? Don't have access here at work.

Sure -

2016 4* ATH Devwah Whaley, Beaumont, TX (no offer reported yet)
http://247sports.com/Player/Devwah-Whaley-33409

2016 4* WR Isaiah Graham, Bastrop, LA (offered 9/17/2014)
http://247sports.com/Player/Isaiah-Graham-37742

2016 5* S Deontay Anderson, Manvel, TX (offered 9/17/2014)

Those are just a few. Also, Coach B just started following Dre Greenlaw so an offer is probably in the works.

redeye

Thanks scruf!  I've never any thought of checking out who CBB follows, but then I don't really twitter.

I think Richard has mentioned 2 of the guys you listed, but Whaley is new to me.

scruf

Quote from: redeye on October 06, 2014, 01:59:16 pm
Thanks scruf!  I've never any thought of checking out who CBB follows, but then I don't really twitter.

I think Richard has mentioned 2 of the guys you listed, but Whaley is new to me.

You're welcome! I've started to notice a bit of a correlation between when Coach B follows a recruit and a recruit getting an offer. The kids don't even come up on his radar until the position coaches have broken down their film and done their own "background investigations" if you will. Some of the coaches are very particular about how the film gets cut as well. Some of this is coming from a buddy of mine who is on the recruiting staff. It's quite a process.

redeye

Quote from: scruf on October 06, 2014, 02:30:11 pm
You're welcome! I've started to notice a bit of a correlation between when Coach B follows a recruit and a recruit getting an offer. The kids don't even come up on his radar until the position coaches have broken down their film and done their own "background investigations" if you will. Some of the coaches are very particular about how the film gets cut as well. Some of this is coming from a buddy of mine who is on the recruiting staff. It's quite a process.

That'll be interesting to watch.  I always check out who Richard is following for this reason, but just never thought of following Bielema for some reason.

scruf

Quote from: redeye on October 06, 2014, 03:12:25 pm
That'll be interesting to watch.  I always check out who Richard is following for this reason, but just never thought of following Bielema for some reason.

The assistants' follows are also notable.

Craig O Squeal

If you want a snapshot of a young man's character these days, check his Twitter feed. IIRC, CBB made the comment that he's stopped recruiting some kids because of what he's seen online, or what he experienced while doing in-homes with regards to how the recruit treats his momma. All part of being Uncommon it appears. Your online habits follow you forever now.

ARtillahog

Quote from: Craig O Squeal on October 07, 2014, 02:14:27 pm
If you want a snapshot of a young man's character these days, check his Twitter feed. IIRC, CBB made the comment that he's stopped recruiting some kids because of what he's seen online, or what he experienced while doing in-homes with regards to how the recruit treats his momma. All part of being Uncommon it appears. Your online habits follow you forever now.

It's strange how just a tiny amount of accountability can turn things around in a program or organization.

greenie

Quote from: ARtillahog on October 07, 2014, 02:59:26 pm
It's strange how just a tiny amount of accountability can turn things around in a program or organization.

Bingo!  Accountability breeds excellence.  Without it, human nature takes over, and many cannot resist temptation when they think it doesn't matter or no one is looking.