Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keep an eye on some of the Miami recruits AL Golden is in trouble

Started by forrest city joe, October 04, 2014, 11:09:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

We may be able to turn some of their commits, with our strong ties to south Florida,not saying that we will. but i sure would like to take a few if we can. http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=13&f=2927&t=13219883&p=1

Wildhog

Helps us more if they keep him, imo.  Some flavor of the week HC can come in and galvanize recruiting when they're hired.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Pulled(PP)pork

you mean try to get them to flip?  I though fcj was against that? or is that only with home state talent??

PP

SPAL

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on October 05, 2014, 12:40:58 am
you mean try to get them to flip?  I though fcj was against that? or is that only with home state talent??

PP

Bama refs have something to do with it

sickboy

God, I hope Miami keeps Golden... I'd hate for them to hire a competent coach who can recruit.

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

JackJohnson

Quote from: Wildhog on October 04, 2014, 11:44:49 pm
Helps us more if they keep him, imo.  Some flavor of the week HC can come in and galvanize recruiting when they're hired.

Yep let Golden stay as long as he can and continue to keep trying to build that pipeline into New Jersey

Hawgzinbowlz

At least we have a staff member that has entree' into the living rooms of South Fla.

A quote that seems to go around : "I'm rooting for him to lose four more this year, get him gone".

I'd take some disillusioned 'Cane recruits.

" GO HOGS "

Hoggish1

pignutz

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 04, 2014, 11:09:58 pm
We may be able to turn some of their commits, with our strong ties to south Florida,not saying that we will. but i sure would like to take a few if we can. http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=13&f=2927&t=13219883&p=1
Give it a break Joe.

The_Bionic_Pig

October 05, 2014, 08:57:44 pm #10 Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 09:11:27 pm by The_Bionic_Pig
Actually FCJ is correct ....Ice Harris is/was a center piece attraction of their South Florida recruiting efforts.   Arkansas coaches are still heavily invested recruiting here i know this for a fact....
Golden attempted to land the Penn St. Job at the end of last season which he was nearing accepting until the opportunity to sign Coach Franklin presented itself at the last second. He vehemently  denied It but it was widely publicized. Unless he attains a signature win this season that being FSU/Florida then it will come down to Blake James and the Alum down here are not interested in keeping him (Coach Golden) for year 5.

Candidates:  Not sure exactly which recruits FCJ was referring to but Jordan Scarlett & Dexter Williams are verbals but starting to look around ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

greenie

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 05, 2014, 08:57:44 pm
Actually FCJ is correct ....Ice Harris is/was a center piece attraction of their South Florida recruiting efforts.   Arkansas coaches are still heavily invested recruiting here i know this for a fact....
Golden attempted to land the Penn St. Job at the end of last season which he was nearing accepting until the opportunity to sign Coach Franklin presented itself at the last second. He vehemently  denied It but it was widely publicized. Unless he attains a signature win this season that being FSU/Florida then it will come down to Blake James and the Alum down here are not interested in keeping him (Coach Golden) for year 5.

Candidates:  Not sure exactly which recruits FCJ was referring to but Jordan Scarlett & Dexter Williams are verbals but starting to look around ;)

247 doesn't have us as ever offering Jordan Scarlett or Dexter Williams (FWIW this is my best source of this type of info...free and worth every penny).  Does anyone know if these are guys that CBB would even be interested in?

redeye

Thanks TBP!

Quote from: greenie on October 05, 2014, 11:52:33 pm

247 doesn't have us as ever offering Jordan Scarlett or Dexter Williams (FWIW this is my best source of this type of info...free and worth every penny).  Does anyone know if these are guys that CBB would even be interested in?

Not sure about Jordan Scarlett, but here's some information from Richard on Dexter Williams:

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/jul/17/hogs-recruiting-miami-pledge/
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/jul/10/thursday-recruiting-tidbits-opening/

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

holeinthewall

They will be flying a banner over Sun Life stadium tomorrow  It will say Save the U Fire Al Golden.  Of course the admin doesn't care at this point they already have everyones money for this year.  Even though the fans are boycotting the game tomorrow the lower bowl is sold out. There just won't be anyone in the seats.

Right at 32k season tickets were sold for Miami this year. So the announced crowd will be around 40k. Actual maybe 18k. Way to much talent on that team to lose to Louisville and GT.

forrest city joe

Quote from: redeye on October 06, 2014, 01:43:38 am
Thanks TBP!

Not sure about Jordan Scarlett, but here's some information from Richard on Dexter Williams:

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/jul/17/hogs-recruiting-miami-pledge/
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/jul/10/thursday-recruiting-tidbits-opening/

Just like i thought. not saying we will get any of these Miami commits. but i thought we would go after Dexter Williams and some others. Miami is a mess right now.

jackflash

If Golden is gone? Maybe adding Ice Harris to Arkansas staff some way would be a good move.

PorkRinds

Quote from: jackflash on October 10, 2014, 09:58:21 am
If Golden is gone? Maybe adding Ice Harris to Arkansas staff some way would be a good move.

If any coach that takes over at Miami doesn't keep Ice on staff, they are starting off making horrible decisions. 

forrest city joe

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 10, 2014, 10:35:24 am
If any coach that takes over at Miami doesn't keep Ice on staff, they are starting off making horrible decisions. 
Same was said about Tim Horton at Arkansas, when coach B was hired. new coaches want their own guys. having said that. i don't see Ice Harris coming to Arkansas. i like the staff we have. and i think coach B like his staff.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 10, 2014, 10:42:31 am
Same was said about Tim Horton at Arkansas, when coach B was hired. new coaches want their own guys.

Taver Johnson was a holdover from the previous staff. Coach B offered Horton a spot, but he chose Auburn instead.

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

forrest city joe

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on October 10, 2014, 11:26:11 am
Taver Johnson was a holdover from the previous staff. Coach B offered Horton a spot, but he chose Auburn instead.

If coach B really wanted to keep Horton, he could have done it. if i remember right, Tim waiting for weeks to get an offer from coach B. he may have gotten one, but i don't remember it being offered. i could be wrong.i think Tim was still waiting to see. and when Gus call with an offer, he took it.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 10, 2014, 11:43:40 am
If coach B really wanted to keep Horton, he could have done it. if i remember right, Tim waiting for weeks to get an offer from coach B. he may have gotten one, but i don't remember it being offered. i could be wrong.i think Tim was still waiting to see. and when Gus call with an offer, he took it.

Joel Thomas was announced on X-mas eve. Odd timing, right? Malzhan had met with and offered Horton slightly before that. They wanted until 1/4, after the holidays, to announce it.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2013/02/hired_away_from_arkansas_tim_h.html
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

mhuff

I believe names like Monk and Winston are golden. They have been a legacy that have played their hearts out for the UA. I believe the state will always look after its athletes. Marcus is a great get for whoever gets him. I think he played overseas and then was just trying to decide what to do with his life. I imagine he had options. Looks like he may be interested in college level BB. I would say he is headed in the right direction. You don't start at the top.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: mhuff on October 10, 2014, 03:36:49 pm
I believe names like Monk and Winston are golden. They have been a legacy that have played their hearts out for the UA. I believe the state will always look after its athletes. Marcus is a great get for whoever gets him. I think he played overseas and then was just trying to decide what to do with his life. I imagine he had options. Looks like he may be interested in college level BB. I would say he is headed in the right direction. You don't start at the top.

Good post bro, but wrong thread unfortunately. ;)

Hawg_Thai'd

I see where Joe is going and I think we could even look bigger than just the U. Florida is a dumpster fire right now. I'm sure there may be some recruits unsure about going there. What if something does come of the latest allegations that the Crab Man down at FSU was selling autographs as well. Could that lead to bigger things for their program? That's all your big time schools down there, and our coaches could use that as a pitch when speaking with the parents. I'm sure Coach Shannon has already mentioned that to someone down there already. Good eye, Joe! Let us know if you come across more.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

three hog night

the Gators will definitely have a new coach that will mobilize recruiting, but that is a wave of change that will make kids open to visits.  Changes in coaches makes a kid wonder if the new guy will keep his schollie. Golden may not be out but the negative recruiting about his stability will open the door for us to get some kids to listen to us.   
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

Rocket23

lechon

Quote from: Rocket23 on October 12, 2014, 04:42:42 pm
Auburn also doubled what Arkansas offered Horton.

Good, Lunney is better with "less daddy drama"
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

holeinthewall

A little info if any of you wtched the Miami -VT game last night you may have noticed a big difference in the defensive play calling. Word is the DC has been relieved of his play calling duties and Golden is now calling the D. The DC will be gone at years end. Looks like Golden finally realized it was either his buddies job or his own.  Looked like an entirely different defense.

Wildhog

Quote from: holeinthewall on October 24, 2014, 09:43:34 am
A little info if any of you wtched the Miami -VT game last night you may have noticed a big difference in the defensive play calling. Word is the DC has been relieved of his play calling duties and Golden is now calling the D. The DC will be gone at years end. Looks like Golden finally realized it was either his buddies job or his own.  Looked like an entirely different defense.

Good.  Maybe it buys him another year.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977