15.   P Blake Johnson

QB:
Done here

RB: will take 1 more
There are 3 backs that we have a good shot at in this order
1.   Patrick Carr
2.   Charles West
3.   Karan Higdon
I have a suspicion that we are on a big time RB who is committed somewhere else. If there were not a big time guy on the board I think that one of these 3 would have committed already. Just a thought

WR: There are some people who think that we will take 2 more but I would say only 1
1.   LaMichael Pettway- He has a committable offer and make no mistake, Bielema would love to have him.
2.   Dominique Reed- has all the tools to be an absolute stud, there has to be a reason for the holdup in his recruitment though.
3.   Kahlil Lewis- A guy to keep an eye on, West Virginia commit with an impressive offer list and he can flat out play.

TE:
We are done at TE with 3 outstanding commits

OT: I think that we take 1 more here
1.   Tyler Howell- Another tackle in the "Skipper mold" 6'9'' and a lot of predictions going our way. Juco prospect

OG: IMO there are only 2 guys left on our board that we take a commitment from in this position
1.   Jalin Barnett- #1 OG in the nation and with Pittman we have a heck of a shot.
2.   Pat Allen- Georgia commit from up North, was visited by our coaches during the bye week. If I'm not mistaken I think that he will visit us in the future.

C:
Done at this spot as well

DL: We already have 4 impressive commits here but I believe we might go for 1 more
1.   Porter Gustin- Big time prospect from Utah who is listed as an LB but will most likely play with a hand on the ground in college. He has started to return interest to the hogs. Family connections with Chaney and Coach B will personally give him a visit during the season.
2.   Malik Manciel- He is a lesser-known prospect committed to Texas St. but our coaches really like him. Was visited by the coaches during the bye week.

LB: I believe we take 2-3 here
1.   Reggie Walker- Our coaches want him as an LB and he has us as his #1. Great looking prospect.
2.   Derrick Graham- Randy Ramsey type LB also from Florida. Our main competition is from Florida, Mississippi St., and Nebraska. He loved his recent visit and said that he will return very soon and I think we get him.
3.   Dre Greenlaw- One of our defensive coaches was at his game last night where he had an impressive 2 and almost a third INT.  I think that he gets an offer and calls the Hogs.
4.   Kendrick Jackson- An Arizona Commit who is still expressing interest in Arkansas and will take an OV in Fayetteville.

CB: I think we take 2
1.   Deshawn Raymond- The best CB on our board IMO. I think right now that its between LSU and Mississippi State but he is coming for an official visit next week and is still very interested in the Hogs.
2.   Sheldrick Redwine- Another great Corner that I think we actually end up with. Great offer list
3.   Jeremiah Dinson- A Kentucky commit, he will visit the hogs an we have a great shot.
4.   Ryan Pulley- Not too much new info on him, but we have a shot.

S: I think that we will take 1 or 2 here.
1.   Kahlil Haughton- Lots of people think that it is a two horse race between OU and Baylor but I think we have put ourselves in a great position with Kahlil.
2.   Antonyo Sotolongo- Teammate of Hog Cornelius Floyd in high school, if we really go after this kid I think we get him.
3.   Kylan Johnson- Big time kid out of Skyline high school in Dallas, Hogs are his #1.
4.   Montrel Wilson- Baylor commit that we are trying to get a visit out of.
5.   Brandon Scott- Danny West just tweeted about him being one to watch out for today, would be an awesome pickup.

greenie

Thanks, MH.  Good stuff, and very much appreciated.

Wildhog

Would like to see us take another HS OT to go with Jackson and Howell.

Solid post.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

BigPapaHawg

Thanks that's some good information!
WOO PIG

CDBHawg

October 05, 2014, 12:34:36 am #4 Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 01:15:58 am by CDBHawg
1 RB
1 WR - Reed
3 OL
3 LB
1 DB
1 ATH - Pettway

Looking like we'll only have 18 spots available for scholarship. The spots we are deepest at numbers wise are on the DL and WR. It's likely we'll have some attrition from these areas.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: greenie on October 05, 2014, 12:07:35 am
Thanks, MH.  Good stuff, and very much appreciated.

:razorback:

RAZORHOGG15

Quote from: CDBHawg on October 05, 2014, 12:34:36 am
1 RB
1 WR - Reed
3 OL
3 LB
1 DB
1 ATH - Pettway

Looking like we'll only have 18 spots available for scholarship. The spots we are deepest at numbers wise are on the DL and WR. It's likely we'll have some attrition from these areas.
As far as the 18 spots go, I expect some transfers after the season.  I don't wish that for any of these boys, just that I expect a few
ONE TEAM ONE HEART ONE GOAL

Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness

IBleedRazorbackRed

1 RB
1 WR - Reed
3 OL
3 LB
1 DB
1 ATH - Pettway

Don't see us only taking one guy in the secondary.

IBleedRazorbackRed

I hope we go:

1 rb
1 wr
1 OL
3 lbs
4 db

SemperFi

Might want to revise your DT list to include Bryce English. Unless things have changed in the last week the Hogs were getting a hard look from this kid. He's a UCLA commit, but his Father is from Osceola so there's ties to the state to consider as well as his relationship with Clay Jennings.

Good stuff MH04!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

CDBHawg

CDBHawg

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on October 05, 2014, 08:43:49 am
Don't see us only taking one guy in the secondary.

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on October 05, 2014, 08:46:00 am
I hope we go:

1 rb
1 wr
1 OL
3 lbs
4 db

That'd put 14 DBs on scholarship next year. We need help on the OL more. We only have 10 scholarship OL returning with a possibility of losing 6 next year.

I counted Pettway as an ATH. So possibly he could be moved to DB.

We have 13 DBs on scholarship now. We'll lose three. So signing 2 will give us 12. That's about right.

CDBHawg

October 05, 2014, 01:47:18 pm #13 Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 02:03:15 pm by CDBHawg
What we will have next year(Seniors removed, commits not included):

3 QB
5 RB
2 FB
10 OL
5 TE
8 WR

9 DT
7 DE
5 LB
6 CB
4 S
1 K

OL & LB are our most pressing needs numbers wise.

ricepig

Quote from: CDBHawg on October 05, 2014, 01:47:18 pm
What we will have next year(Seniors removed, commits not included):

3 QB
5 RB
2 FB
10 OL
5 TE
8 WR

9 DT
7 DE
5 LB
6 CB
4 S
1 K

OL & LB are our nots pressing needs numbers wise.

What?? You don't even have 2 deep at LB and OL needs more than 2 deep.

CDBHawg

Quote from: ricepig on October 05, 2014, 02:01:16 pm
What?? You don't even have 2 deep at LB and OL needs more than 2 deep.

Yes, OL needs more than two deep. Especially since the year after next could see us lose six OL. OL should carry 15 minimum, in my opinion. Takes time to develop the big guys.

Not sure where I said we need OL more than LB. I said we need OL more than DB. It was in context to signing 4 more DBs over 1 more OL.

LB needs to see 3 signees at minimum.

ricepig

Quote from: CDBHawg on October 05, 2014, 02:06:16 pm
Yes, OL needs more than two deep. Especially since the year after next could see us lose six OL.

Not sure where I said we need OL more than LB. I said we need OL more than DB. It was in context to signing 4 more DBs over 1 more OL.

LB needs to see 3 signees at minimum.

Ok, I was reading the post I quoted, not your correction, no prob.

CDBHawg

Quote from: ricepig on October 05, 2014, 02:08:03 pm
Ok, I was reading the post I quoted, not your correction, no prob.

Nots/Most, potato/puhtahto....lol

Dark Helmet Hog

BatesvilleHOG

This is how I believe we end our 2015 recruiting class:

1- RB Patrick Carr - Human bowling ball with high top end speed. I still believe we are quietly on an elite RB as well, probably SoSo Jamabo.
2 & 3- OG Jalin Barnett and Pat Allen - Barnett will be in our two deep the second he commits. Too talented to redshirt. Pat Allen adds quality depth and could be a player after Kirkland and Tretola leave.
4&maybe 5- WR Dominique Reed/Lamichael Petteway- Reed is a big bodied legit 4.3 guy who is a little thin but has "when in doubt throw me the ball" tattooed on his forehead. He is a hidden gem among the Juco ranks and he wants to be a Hog. I would hate to be Petteway right now. He has a huge decision to make between Ole Miss and Arkansas. It seems like every time he touches the ball he scores. I really hope the Hogs can take both these guys.
6-DT Bryce English - He was very high on the Hogs at one point but still has yet to visit. I think if we can get him to the Hill, we will sweep him off his feet and flip from UCLA to the Hogs.
7&8- LB Derrick Graham/Reggie Walker - two very athletic kids with a big frame and nose for the ball. They're just what Randy Shannon ordered. I would love to land Porter Gustin but I think he takes his talents to the west coast. Linebacker is going to turn into a very strong position for us.
9- CB Sheldrick Redwine/Deshawn Raymond- Hard to tell who we'll get here. Raymond has an OV Saturday for the Bama game and you better believe we'll roll out the red carpet for him. He could break our two deep at CB right away  if he were to commit. If we wiff on Raymond, Redwine is ours to lose. He has an Impressive highlight tape.
10- S Kylan Johnson- I believe we wiff on Haughton and Sotolongo but Kylan is still a great pick up. He will add quality depth and competition to the safety position right away.

There are obviously a few different ways things could turn out. Overall, I'm super impressed with the class our staff has put together so far. They are truly building a great team in Fayetteville and now is a great time to be a Hog. It will only be getting better from here out.

Fort Dweller

I think it's a matter of seeing if Reed has gotten it all together (classroom, on/off field). 

Anyone else get the feeling that if JWill comes back, we only take one RB in this class?
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

onebadrubi

I think they will take as many OL as they can get that fit their mold.  I don't think they will take a type that doesn't, he may be asked to walk on though.  I fully anticipate us seeing a walkon move in to the rotation after next year, just believe Bielema has them brewing now. 

I believe we are still reaching for as many as DB's as possible right now just to get competition up, talent pool up, and trying to get the position better.  Sure, lets go get 5 4 stars back there adn be done, but it's not that easy, unfortunately.  I believe the same is going for LB here. 

I got to believe they are shopping for a top FB type out there as well.  We desperately need a Kiero Small/Van stumon to blow up LB's in holes.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on October 05, 2014, 02:33:07 pm
This is how I believe we end our 2015 recruiting class:

1- RB Patrick Carr - Human bowling ball with high top end speed. I still believe we are quietly on an elite RB as well, probably SoSo Jamabo.
2 & 3- OG Jalin Barnett and Pat Allen - Barnett will be in our two deep the second he commits. Too talented to redshirt. Pat Allen adds quality depth and could be a player after Kirkland and Tretola leave.
4&maybe 5- WR Dominique Reed/Lamichael Petteway- Reed is a big bodied legit 4.3 guy who is a little thin but has "when in doubt throw me the ball" tattooed on his forehead. He is a hidden gem among the Juco ranks and he wants to be a Hog. I would hate to be Petteway right now. He has a huge decision to make between Ole Miss and Arkansas. It seems like every time he touches the ball he scores. I really hope the Hogs can take both these guys.
6-DT Bryce English - He was very high on the Hogs at one point but still has yet to visit. I think if we can get him to the Hill, we will sweep him off his feet and flip from UCLA to the Hogs.
7&8- LB Derrick Graham/Reggie Walker - two very athletic kids with a big frame and nose for the ball. They're just what Randy Shannon ordered. I would love to land Porter Gustin but I think he takes his talents to the west coast. Linebacker is going to turn into a very strong position for us.
9- CB Sheldrick Redwine/Deshawn Raymond- Hard to tell who we'll get here. Raymond has an OV Saturday for the Bama game and you better believe we'll roll out the red carpet for him. He could break our two deep at CB right away  if he were to commit. If we wiff on Raymond, Redwine is ours to lose. He has an Impressive highlight tape.
10- S Kylan Johnson- I believe we wiff on Haughton and Sotolongo but Kylan is still a great pick up. He will add quality depth and competition to the safety position right away.

There are obviously a few different ways things could turn out. Overall, I'm super impressed with the class our staff has put together so far. They are truly building a great team in Fayetteville and now is a great time to be a Hog. It will only be getting better from here out.

Got to get another OT in this class.  Many think Walker is a DE.  Would be huge to land both Raymond and Redwine, but getting Raymond alone would be awesome.  Need 2 SEC caliber S's.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

onebadrubi

Quote from: Fort Dweller on October 05, 2014, 02:33:56 pm
I think it's a matter of seeing if Reed has gotten it all together (classroom, on/off field). 

Anyone else get the feeling that if JWill comes back, we only take one RB in this class?

I am thinking the RB and WR position right now are our "bank".  If we stumble upon a great OL, LB, or DB that is the position we squeeze to make room.  I think Jwill will receive the flowers type recruitment at the end of our bowl (yes, I said it).  I also believe though that Jwill is noticing he is not the feature back, which I wonder about but am in no position to question this staff and RB's. 

greenie

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 05, 2014, 02:40:22 pm
I got to believe they are shopping for a top FB type out there as well.  We desperately need a Kiero Small/Van stumon to blow up LB's in holes.

I hadn't given FB a second thought in the last few months, and have heard nothing regarding a FB target.  I hear what you're saying, though.  Would love to have one of those "thumpers".  Not sure how you make room for one at this point, however.  I wish we could sign 30!

Oklahawg

Missing is Merrill, the OT from New Smyrna, FL, that Pittman visited last week. He will get a spot if he wants to come.

Agree on the RB commit to another school still on the UA radar. Add Ronnie Jones (OSU commit from TX) as a name to speculate on for that description.

There are three at Skyline they visited: English (NG), a LB (Wallace), and a Safety (Johnson, mentioned above).

Is Raymond the LSU commit at CB from the NOLA area? If not, there is another at CB to look at.

I am thinking there are two prospects at Bishop Dunne they are looking at still. Might be wrong.

I also feel rather comfortable that we will start to see new names courtesy of the bye week recruiting effort.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

Good work with this, by the way.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ricepig

Richard_white

You can add Jordon Williams to the list.

Seebs

Add about five names none of us know about in mid to late January just to keep the fun and excitement brewing later in the process. This,of course will be after our bowl game.

Then add a name nobody knew about at all on signing day. 

Life is good,
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Oklahawg

Oklahawg

Quote from: Richard_white on October 05, 2014, 04:33:11 pm
You can add Jordon Williams to the list.

Speed merchant at OLB, from Jersey City, TX? Something like that?

Richard_white

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 05, 2014, 08:35:53 pm
Speed merchant at OLB, from Jersey City, TX? Something like that?

Yes. A little undersize for A LB 6'1 190. But a redshirt would help with that. Unless he plays safety in college.

tophawg19

i look for some players to transfer out at the end of the season , some to find more playing time and some by coaches suggestion .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

trashcan maN

For those that respect DWs input, he thinks Kylan Johnson is better than Payton Hendrix was last year and thinks he would contribute immediately.

We need some playmakers at S in a bad kind of way. Would be amazing if we could find a Landon Collins or Cody Prewitt type...

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Hate to do it, but this is pertinent to the conversation.

I'd think Ward will be getting a medical hardship, Boyd will have to really show something or he's a Memphis transfer.  Will Hines is likely being kept to get him graduated so he's not an APR hit.  McKinney we can likely part ways and be OK.  Eric Hawkins would make 5. 

Of course if there's any academic risks on the team right now, they should be concerned about getting those grades up and not missing classes or it'll be an easy decision for Coach B.

We lose a lot of Seniors that we'll be glad to roll off the roster I hope there's some tricky accounting we can do to sign 27 or 28.  If not, we should do it anyway and self report a secondary.  the NCAA's toothless.

Hogville's resident uniform designer.

tophawg19

i still think hawkins finds his place on the team. but may be his JR year
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

go hogues

Quote from: trashcan maN on October 05, 2014, 09:07:40 pm
For those that respect DWs input, he thinks Kylan Johnson is better than Payton Hendrix was last year and thinks he would contribute immediately.
I'm workin' on him, boys! (he lives three houses down from me). WPS!
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Hogville's resident uniform designer.

onebadrubi

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on October 05, 2014, 09:09:11 pm
Hate to do it, but this is pertinent to the conversation.

I'd think Ward will be getting a medical hardship, Boyd will have to really show something or he's a Memphis transfer.  Will Hines is likely being kept to get him graduated so he's not an APR hit.  McKinney we can likely part ways and be OK.  Eric Hawkins would make 5. 

Of course if there's any academic risks on the team right now, they should be concerned about getting those grades up and not missing classes or it'll be an easy decision for Coach B.

We lose a lot of Seniors that we'll be glad to roll off the roster I hope there's some tricky accounting we can do to sign 27 or 28.  If not, we should do it anyway and self report a secondary.  the NCAA's toothless.

25 limit is SEC rule not NCAA

Oklahawg

greenie

I don't want to jinx it here guys, but this is an excellent thread.  Particularly for people like me that really enjoy the recruiting discussion and information, but don't really have the access and insight to provide much.  Several very good posters here, and no trolls...yet (at least that I've noticed). 

Now...please continue.....

Tim Harris

1 RB
1 WR - Reed
3 OL
3 LB
1 DB
1 ATH - Pettway

We will sign a full class or close to it.  To many needs and it appears the coaches have already moved on from some kids.  There will be some transfers after the season to open up the rest of the spots needed.

Reservoir Hogs

Quote from: SemperFi on October 05, 2014, 09:02:41 am
Might want to revise your DT list to include Bryce English. Unless things have changed in the last week the Hogs were getting a hard look from this kid. He's a UCLA commit, but his Father is from Osceola so there's ties to the state to consider as well as his relationship with Clay Jennings.

Good stuff MH04!

Anyone think CBB's comments while at the CBS desk about UCLA playing soft had anything to do with English's recruitment?
This staff seems to be very in tune with young recruits and does a very good job sending subtle messages when they get the chance.

I could be reading way too much into it though

ArkansasI

Quote from: Reservoir Hogs on October 07, 2014, 11:33:13 am
Anyone think CBB's comments while at the CBS desk about UCLA playing soft had anything to do with English's recruitment?
This staff seems to be very in tune with young recruits and does a very good job sending subtle messages when they get the chance.

I could be reading way too much into it though
Like you, I have no idea if that was his purpose.  But I immediately thought this... There is really no other reason for CBB to take a jab at UCLA - especially since - when coupled with CBB's delivery - it came off sounding like friendly fire.

Might as well call it a shout out to Mr. English...

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation