Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drake

Started by devildoghawg, October 04, 2014, 03:33:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

devildoghawg

Kenyan Drake just went down hard...don't see him being a factor in the game next week...to me this sucks not only because it hurt the kid, but we also aren't getting Bama at their best. Prayers for the kid
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

bigred223

They've had two or three other guys go down as well

pa_rob424

Just got carted off...left leg injury.  Foot was pointed in the wrong direction with his leg in the air. Splinted immediately.

root_hawg

He is done for the season; when your foot is pointing the wrong way...you are done for the year

KMB90

Bama has lost several players to injury early in this game. Good for the Hogs, but I never wish serious injury on anyone.

FootballFanatic89

That scream was disturbing. The announces were slow to catch on as usual.

The_Hog_Father

I feel sorry for him, that was brutal. Wishing him the best.  :razorback:

Porkys Revenge

That injury was tough to watch. Similar to Joe Theismann, soon as it happened you knew his season was over.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: FootballFanatic89 on October 04, 2014, 03:35:18 pm

They badly missed that incompletion review on OM's first possession.  It was obvious from the first replay and Verne and Gary were talking about the spot. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

pa_rob424

Yeah, hate to see that. Reminds me of the louisville kid in the NCAA tourney a few years back

The_Hog_Father

Hearing his high pitch scream was rough...  :puke:

My heart goes out to him.

Hog Milanese

Haha, yeah. A guy will go ten yards past the marker, and Verne will fart out "I think ... he may ... have enough for the first down..?"

bigred223

I remember to this day watching Tyrone (little number 4 for Bama) prothro snap his leg on a td catch. Hard to watch

rljjr

Nasty injury, made worse by hearing him scream. I hope he recovers soon.

Game: Both of these defenses look really good.

jry04

Quote from: bigred223 on October 04, 2014, 03:33:56 pm
They've had two or three other guys go down as well
One of the previous guys to be helped off the field was Drake. He just came back to get injured worse.

I definitely think Alabama is beatable, but I don't care about getting them at their best. I just don't want to face them after a loss, and not ranked in the top 5. I want them to win today, but get as beat up as possible, without anymore serious injuries.

GlassofSwine

I feel bad when ever anyone suffers an injury that bad, but I could care less about Alabama being 100%  for our game. One of the advantages of a bye week is to rest while your opponent plays a tough game. I want them to come into Arkansas sore and tired.

root_hawg

Hate to see anyone suffer that kind of injury; been there done that!

rzrbk4life

Yea that looked nasty. Prayers for the kid
Let's call those hogs!!!!

TeufelHog

Prayers for him for sure.  Hope it's not a career ender.  That was bad.

Porkys Revenge

Tenpenny still not in game. Wonder if he'd be 3rd string here too.

Laughing Hog

I almost threw up when I saw his foot pointing in the wrong direction. Hit the FF button asap...........
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

RAZ FAN

It was bad. Hopefully it was dislocated with no ligament or tendon damage instead of a bad break. Prayers go out to him, hate to see anyone playing a sport hurt.

jbcarol

Andrew Gribble @Andrew_Gribble  ·  24m 24 minutes ago
Alabama RB Kenyan Drake's season likely over; Updates on Denzel Devall, Ryan Kelly http://ow.ly/ChOqO

QuoteAlabama running back Kenyan Drake is already back in Birmingham after breaking his leg during the second quarter of Saturday's loss at Ole Miss.

Drake is expected to need surgery and is likely done for the season, Alabama coach Nick Saban said.

Linebacker Denzel Devall will have an MRI on Sunday to gauge the damage done after a high ankle sprain took him out of the game after just one series.

Center Ryan Kelly has a sprained knee, Saban said.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Pulled(PP)pork

they caught on concerning the photographer taking a picture of the ref going into the halftime though

PP

greasy_corner

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on October 04, 2014, 08:00:26 pm
they caught on concerning the photographer taking a picture of the ref going into the halftime though

PP

No kidding, they were right on that.  Verne and Gary are the worst.  Hands down, bar none.

I assume KD is out for the season, I hope he can make a full recovery.  Terrible.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Porkys Revenge on October 04, 2014, 04:13:38 pm
Tenpenny still not in game. Wonder if he'd be 3rd string here too.
He' folding towels in the locker room

Hog N Bama

Quote from: greasy_corner on October 04, 2014, 08:40:21 pm
No kidding, they were right on that.  Verne and Gary are the worst.  Hands down, bar none.

I assume KD is out for the season, I hope he can make a full recovery.  Terrible.
CBS should hire Brad Nessler away from ESPN and force ole Verne to retire and take Gary Danielson with him!

TNRazorbacker

Bama had another kid break his leg like that about 9 years back. He was a receiving phenom and never played another down. As I recall his name was Prothro.

BigPapaHawg

I hope he is going to be alright!
WOO PIG

SemperFi

That was a horrible looking injury and the scream just rips at your heart. I love big hits and don't mind seeing opposing players struggle to regroup afterwards, but hate seeing those kinds of injuries. Wish him well and a speedy recovery.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Porkys Revenge

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on October 04, 2014, 09:42:03 pm
Bama had another kid break his leg like that about 9 years back. He was a receiving phenom and never played another down. As I recall his name was Prothro.
yeah. Hes the guy that had that amazing catch behind the defenders
back that time, I think.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Bad deal for that kid.
Let's make some waves.

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  · 1 hour ago

Kenyan Drake, Denzel Devall have surgery, Alabama center Ryan Kelly out 'couple weeks'. http://ow.ly/Cl4Ha
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Michael Casagrande @ByCasagrande  ·  11 hours ago

Kenyan Drake's Alabama teammates recall moments after horrifying injury. http://ow.ly/Cncxr

QuoteThe sight of Kenyan Drake's badly broken left leg was gruesome at best Saturday afternoon at Ole Miss. Players from both teams were visibly shaken as trainers ran to midfield where Drake was screaming in pain.

"It was pretty bad," left guard Arie Kounadjio said. "He looked like he was in a lot of pain but he's a tough guy. I have faith in Christ and the Lord. I figured that eventually he would be all right. I figured nowadays an injury it will not take you out all the time."

By Monday, his teammates were still looking to speak with him. Fullback Jalston Fowler was waiting to hear back via text after Drake had surgery. The speedy running back honored Fowler in 2012 when the fullback tore his ACL. Drake wrote his No. 45 on his athletic tape during games and Fowler said he'd return the favor the rest of the season.

There was a bit of a lull on the field after the injury. Kouandjio was flagged for a false start on the first play following a lengthy delay. Two incomplete passes and a 13-yard T.J. Yeldon run followed before a JK Scott punt.

Fowler said the stalled drive wasn't a result of the graphic injury they'd just witnessed.

"No, actually it makes you want to go harder and do better for that one person after they get hurt," he said.

Replacing Drake's skillset will be almost impossible...

jbcarol

Kenyan Drake™ @KDx17  · 

I appreciate all of the love & support via texts, calls & social media. I can't begin to explain how thankful I am. God bless & Roll Tide

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  9 hours ago

Alabama RB Kenyan Drake 'will not have significant future issues or problems' from leg injury http://ow.ly/CxiPc

Good news

jbcarol

Nick Saban isn't alone.

The love the Alabama head coach has for Little Debbie's Oatmeal Creme Pies is evidently rubbing off on his players.

Injured tailback Kenyan Drake was spotted on the sidelines with a box of them in his injury scooter during the Crimson Tide's 59-0 win over Texas A&M on Saturday...

Marvin Gentry/USA TODAY Sports

Kenyan Drake™ @KDx17
Wish I could've gotten a slice of the pie on the field today even though its obvious that i had my fair share on the sidelines lol #RollTide
7:17 PM - 18 Oct 2014

He should hook up with Jerry Seinfeld's management on endorsement and product placement opportunities using his own name.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: jbcarol on October 19, 2014, 07:58:16 am
Nick Saban isn't alone.

The love the Alabama head coach has for Little Debbie's Oatmeal Creme Pies is evidently rubbing off on his players.

Injured tailback Kenyan Drake was spotted on the sidelines with a box of them in his injury scooter during the Crimson Tide's 59-0 win over Texas A&M on Saturday...

Marvin Gentry/USA TODAY Sports

Kenyan Drake™ @KDx17
Wish I could've gotten a slice of the pie on the field today even though its obvious that i had my fair share on the sidelines lol #RollTide
7:17 PM - 18 Oct 2014

He should hook up with Jerry Seinfeld's management on endorsement and product placement opportunities using his own name.
maybe they weren't for Drake, but Drake was carrying them for coach?

PP

jbcarol

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on October 19, 2014, 08:04:54 am

PP

He was his Little Debbie.

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  16 minutes ago

Kenyan Drake, his scooter and Little Debbie 'having a ball' 2 weeks after graphic injury. http://ow.ly/D61Ne

Quote"It means a lot to the team when you see Kenyan out there having a ball, because everyone hated to see him go down and lose the season like that," fellow running back Jalston Fowler said. "But everybody's supporting him and being there for him. Just to see him on the crowd and into the game, that means a lot to us."

The Little Debbie snacks were mentioned on CBS and quickly went viral online.

Kenyan Drake™ @KDx17
S/o to the band member who asked for one of my oatmeal creme pies when they were standing on the sidelines b4 halftime lol had to throw em 1
5:45 PM - 19 Oct 2014

Vasha Hunt/vhunt@al.com

jbcarol

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on October 19, 2014, 08:04:54 am

PP

Kenyan Drake™ @KDx17  ·  Oct 21
If one more person asks me where my oatmeal pies are I'm going to lose it. I don't even like them that much honestly

jbcarol

Michael Casagrande ‏@ByCasagrande 31m31 minutes ago

"After the play, you didn't really hear nothing. 5 seconds later, you heard the screaming." http://ow.ly/Si3te 

QuoteIt's a moment that lives in the nightmares of all witnesses. What began as a simple dump down to the running back ended with a horrific scene.

Alabama's Kenyan Drake's left foot pointed sideways after the routine tackle by Byron Bennett and Tony Conner. Trainers sprinted to his side as teammates and opponents watched in a daze. The ankle was broken and dislocated.

Drake's relived the moment several times, but what about the Ole Miss players who were on the field at the time? They remembered the moment this week.

"Just screaming," defensive back Mike Hilton said. "You could tell he was in pain. You could actually see his ankle was turned at a place. So it was a sight to see."

Trae Elston initially thought Drake had reinjured a hamstring since he left the field limping a few plays later...