Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

In Honor of Delta, Lets do an ode to chicken thread

Started by PharmacistHog, October 03, 2014, 07:36:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PharmacistHog

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

ImHogginIt

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

Grilled Chicken is just the Best! You get a flavor profile the oven never gives you.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

PorkRinds

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 21, 2014, 09:13:07 am
Grilled Chicken is just the Best! You get a flavor profile the oven never gives you.

Lol.  Flavor profiles. 

ImHogginIt

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 21, 2014, 09:59:08 am
Lol.  Flavor profiles.

My wife chuckles when she hears it while I'm watching BBQ Pitmasters  ;D

DeltaBoy

Quote from: ImHogginIt on October 21, 2014, 04:53:07 pm
My wife chuckles when she hears it while I'm watching BBQ Pitmasters  ;D
Love that SHOW!

LSUFan

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 21, 2014, 09:59:08 am
Lol.  Flavor profiles.
I like the Flavor Profile of your Avatar.

Wild Hog back straps...............to die for!
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

DeltaBoy

We had Yard Bird this past weekend that soaked in Italian Dressings for 36 hours.  It was oven cooked in my big cast iron skillet .   It got nice browning and was moist and juicy.   

JoeyCapital

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 23, 2014, 09:09:58 am
We had Yard Bird this past weekend that soaked in Italian Dressings for 36 hours.  It was oven cooked in my big cast iron skillet .   It got nice browning and was moist and juicy.

You really like chicken a lot, don't you?
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

PorkRinds

Quote from: golf2day on October 23, 2014, 01:30:26 pm

I do too.  I get sick of it at times though.  I try to rotate pork, beef, and chicken.  But I do eat more chicken than anything, because it's a bit healthier.  I get really sick of the same meats cooked different ways over and over.  But it is what it is.  Chicken is good.  No doubt.  But I'm not devoted to it like Mr. Delta.

JoeyCapital

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 23, 2014, 01:58:56 pm
I do too.  I get sick of it at times though.  I try to rotate pork, beef, and chicken.  But I do eat more chicken than anything, because it's a bit healthier.  I get really sick of the same meats cooked different ways over and over.  But it is what it is.  Chicken is good.  No doubt.  But I'm not devoted to it like Mr. Delta.

We don't get too creative around my place. Three kids, so it's tough to find anything too exotic that they all like. We eat a bunch of chicken, too. Big D just seemed like it was pretty important.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

DeltaBoy

Quote from: golf2day on October 23, 2014, 01:30:26 pm

We do cause it the cheapest meat to buy at 5 pounds a bag and you can do so much with it.  We also stock up on pork chops when they are on sale plus we found a local place with good bulk sales of steaks that we stocked up on.  I getting ready to make a sausage run soon.

JoeyCapital

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 24, 2014, 01:40:35 pm
I getting ready to make a sausage run soon.

Killed a deer last week. Best jalapeno sausage evah

DeltaBoy

Quote from: golf2day on October 24, 2014, 02:17:17 pm
Killed a deer last week. Best jalapeno sausage evah

I finished up some homemade sausage a friend made 2 years ago and vacuum sealed for me. I love some Deer Sausage.

Qui Gon Jinn

Slice up some chicken breasts and wrap the pieces around a slice of jalapeño and a slice of onion.  Wrap it in bacon and grill until the bacon is done. Usually 350-400 for 35-45 min.  Put some cheese in if you like.  When you take it of the grill dip it in melted garlic butter and serve.
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

DeltaBoy

DeltaBoy

We dusted the Bird other night some with McCormick's Santa Fe Chicken seasoning and the others with Dry Ranch Dip .  YUM YUM>

DeltaBoy

We are using tenders and dusting them with Tony C and grilling them.