Stopping Amari Cooper?

Started by TheRazorbackGuy, September 30, 2014, 02:34:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tophawg19

put some crack in his car and call an officer that has ties to Auburn
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  16h

Amari Cooper 'banged up' after Florida win, not listening to Heisman talk. http://ow.ly/C8nCA
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: jbcarol on October 01, 2014, 10:25:19 am
AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  16h

Amari Cooper 'banged up' after Florida win, not listening to Heisman talk. http://ow.ly/C8nCA

This news us out there. Yet he will probably score 2-3 TDs vs Ole Piss

memphishog

i like the "hack-a-shaq" approach. any route over 15 yards, tackle him! hahah

ricepig

Push him into our sideline, have Kirkland and Tretola "accidentally" fall on him.

DeltaBoy

Pray that the Old Myth D beats him half to death.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

demonHOG1013

dont waste a defensive player covering him and hope he drops it, falls down, or Sims makes a bad throw.

ckhawgu

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 30, 2014, 04:24:48 pm
Have the corner bumping him at the line of scrimmage and have our fastest safety over the top of him.

This ^^^ Need to rotate fresh bodies in/out on him and pray the d-line can pressure the qb into making bad throws!

redeye

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 30, 2014, 02:42:14 pm
Honestly, we need Henre Toliver to be healthy for the Bama game. I think rotating he and Tevin Mitchel on him might be our best shot. He will be a tough cover tho. I don't think Alan Turner will be able to help on him, just not fast enough.

So what you're saying is to keep Toliver away from BA?   ;D

Sorry, I couldn't help it, but I completely agree that we'll need Toliver.

GoHogs1091

There probably isn't a strategy to stop Cooper.  Vernon Hargreaves III, who is regarded as being the best cover CB in all of college football, couldn't contain Cooper.  Since Hargreaves III couldn't contain him, then probably no one in college football can contain him.

We will have to get some pressure on Sims so that he can't even get the ball to Cooper.  If Sims has some time, then Cooper will have a field day.

FATHAWG08

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on October 01, 2014, 09:20:36 pm
There probably isn't a strategy to stop Cooper.  Vernon Hargreaves III, who is regarded as being the best cover CB in all of college football, couldn't contain Cooper.  Since Hargreaves III couldn't contain him, then probably no one in college football can contain him.

We will have to get some pressure on Sims so that he can't even get the ball to Cooper.  If Sims has some time, then Cooper will have a field day.
I'm still not sold on Sims even after his his impressive start. What scares me is if we have to commit more people to stop the run, we could be in trouble. This is going to be a big challenge for our coaches & defense but so far our Coaches have impress me with their game planning. We haven't faced an offense like this season other than ours in practice the only difference is Cooper & that is a match up nightmare. This game I believe it will be won in the 4th Qtr. Again!!
I love off season Football!!

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: demonHOG1013 on October 01, 2014, 11:46:18 am
dont waste a defensive player covering him and hope he drops it, falls down, or Sims makes a bad throw.

This is still wishful thinking. Maybe Ole Miss players will rough him up but I doubt it.

HogWildBison2011

Like a previous poster stated bump coverage by CB's and a safety over the top at all times. If its an obvious passing down we could put a LB in zone underneath to add another dimension to it. We will HAVE to get pressure on the QB. I feel like our defense will come ready to play. We have seen spread offenses of all kinds this year and we are always practicing against a power running offense. We will compete better this year!

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 01, 2014, 11:43:53 am
Pray that the Old Myth D beats him half to death.

Yeah that could help

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on October 02, 2014, 11:06:27 am
Like a previous poster stated bump coverage by CB's and a safety over the top at all times. If its an obvious passing down we could put a LB in zone underneath to add another dimension to it. We will HAVE to get pressure on the QB. I feel like our defense will come ready to play. We have seen spread offenses of all kinds this year and we are always practicing against a power running offense. We will compete better this year!

Problem is that Florida tried to do just that and he still had 3 TDs and over 200 yards.

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on October 02, 2014, 04:12:52 pm
Yeah that could help

Problem is that Florida tried to do just that and he still had 3 TDs and over 200 yards.

I see your argument, but I raise you Will Muschamp. I agree we will have our hands FULL the entire game. I'm excited to see it play out.

FootballFanatic89

Keep everything in front of you and pray you stop YAC. Defensive line must provide great pass rush to get the ball out of sims hands quickly. Other than that, he will get his.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 30, 2014, 05:39:37 pm
Torn ACL, allegations of rape or woman beating, swine flu, being lost at sea, a Breaking Bad marathon, 100 virgins and an act of God is all that will slow him down, and even then, we probably let him score.

Might be hard fir him to get on the field with these situations.
+1 for creativity, if I could.

jrulz83

To quote Nolan, "Well, Paul the first thing you do is get a couple .45's"
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

ballz2thewall

after reading and thinking about it,

at the start of the game - i say we cover him however our overall scheme demands he be covered as though he were the best receiver on the team [if this makes sense..]

see how it goes;

and adjust if he becomes a factor. "he" as in HIM as opposed to the particular play.  adjust however we can; most likely be popping him at the line with a safety taking over.
The rest of the frog.

PonderinHog

Put Korliss on him the minute he steps off the bus!   :razorback:

BOAR_N2BWILD

In the words of Danny Ford ......."I hope he breaks his #$&%#** leg."
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on October 02, 2014, 06:54:07 pm

That might be what it takes. I don't know who can cover him in man coverage. Do you guys think we got a guy who can take him one on one in man coverage?

hoglady

The person to stop is Sims - you stop him you stop Cooper.
Disagree with some of you about this kid.
I think Sims is for real and the most underrated QB in the league.
Some numbers through 4 games
rushing / average 6.4 yards per rush
completing 73% of his passes
1091 yards / 8 td / 2 picks
quarterback rating / 190.77.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: Scarlett Johansson's Liberally and Amply Slathered Frito Pie on October 01, 2014, 09:15:09 am
While it might seem a bit unorthodox, I think you have to go chloroform here (see below). If our DBs can use this technique subtly, we should be okay and avoid a few flags.

Now that's funny sir!
Let's make some waves.

hogville38

I would say u drop the cb back 10 yds and have him cover the outs and bring saftey up and cover inside routes. Alabama can run the ball so beinging saftey up will help out with running game.

hogville38

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on October 03, 2014, 02:20:14 am

That might be what it takes. I don't know who can cover him in man coverage. Do you guys think we got a guy who can take him one on one in man coverage?
We will not cover hin man coverage.

Mike_e

Instead of just tackling him we should try a body slam or three.

If bammy gripes just remind them of what they did to Cedric Cobbs.  Hey, what's good for the goose..
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: hogville38 on October 03, 2014, 07:27:04 am
I would say u drop the cb back 10 yds and have him cover the outs and bring saftey up and cover inside routes. Alabama can run the ball so beinging saftey up will help out with running game.

It could also hurt on a play action. Say Derek Henry is pounding the ball. Then you bring up the extra safety in the box. As result Amar'e Cooper is in man coverage and posts and fade patterns will be deadly attack for Sims and Kiffin.

ricepig

Quote from: hoglady on October 03, 2014, 06:35:39 am
The person to stop is Sims - you stop him you stop Cooper.
Disagree with some of you about this kid.
I think Sims is for real and the most underrated QB in the league.
Some numbers through 4 games
rushing / average 6.4 yards per rush
completing 73% of his passes
1091 yards / 8 td / 2 picks
quarterback rating / 190.77.

Sims running is what scares me, very elusive.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: ricepig on October 03, 2014, 12:39:34 pm
Sims running is what scares me, very elusive.

Lane Kiffin is going to find ways for Sims to make plays

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: tophawg19 on October 01, 2014, 10:10:39 am
put some crack in his car and call an officer that has ties to Auburn

This worked against Tenpenny on marijuana in our state

BigoBoys

Figuring how to handle Landon Collins might be more important. 

hogville38

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on October 03, 2014, 12:36:07 pm
It could also hurt on a play action. Say Derek Henry is pounding the ball. Then you bring up the extra safety in the box. As result Amar'e Cooper is in man coverage and posts and fade patterns will be deadly attack for Sims and Kiffin.
This is where the problem lies. The saftey can not bite until ball is across the line of scrimage. Dropping cb back 10 and bringing saftey up works. I forget which coach did it but it shut down Calvin Johnson so it should work on Cooper.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

immahog

He has 31 more catches than the #2 WR  which tells me they dont throw to any one else double/shade him all game
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

jbcarol

Amari Cooper has 43 catches for 655 yards. In both categories that's the best start through four games for any receiver in SEC history.

QuoteThe Rebels' two touchdowns allowed this season are the fewest in the nation. ... Ole Miss leads the nation with 2.25 interceptions per game. ...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

PigTimePlayer

Watch for him to take off his helmet, then have BA hit him in the eye with a football.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

Jerrajo

Have Dan trip him on every play.

jbcarol

ESPN SEC @ESPN_SEC  ·  3 hours ago
Video: Amari Cooper -- the quiet man http://es.pn/1tosjnh

31to6

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on September 30, 2014, 02:34:27 pm
He looks like the best WR in the nation this year. He can block also. How do you contain/stop him?
Same thing we do every night, Pinky. Try to run the ball down their throats.

jbcarol

Half time box from Oxford:

Amari Cooper   4 receptions for 22 yards, 0 TDs, long reception of 12 yards.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: jbcarol on October 04, 2014, 09:35:17 am
Amari Cooper has 43 catches for 655 yards. In both categories that's the best start through four games for any receiver in SEC history.

Sims tended to throw a lot on the right side of the field and stair down his receivers. Keep looking at his movements and get pressure like Ole Miss did. That might be how to contain Amar'e Cooper

greasy_corner

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on October 02, 2014, 06:54:07 pm

"I hope he gets a knee"  talking about Heath Shular. 

And no, this has nothing to do with Cooper.  Just setting the record straight for a younger fan.

lumphog

Quote from: PigTimePlayer on October 04, 2014, 10:06:49 am
Watch for him to take off his helmet, then have BA hit him in the eye with a football.
^^^^That's good^^^^

Boardon Hamsay

While it might seem a bit unorthodox, I think you have to go chloroform.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on September 30, 2014, 02:34:27 pm
He looks like the best WR in the nation this year. He can block also. How do you contain/stop him?

Cooper's good, but he's not some supernatural power.  I'm not even convinced he's the best WR in the SEC. 

The key to stopping Cooper is getting pressure on Sims and successfully corralling the WR screen. 
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  1 hour ago

Arkansas DBs coach says Alabama WR Amari Cooper is SEC's version of 'Megatron' http://ow.ly/CvKPs

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: jbcarol on October 09, 2014, 01:13:37 pm
AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  1 hour ago

Arkansas DBs coach says Alabama WR Amari Cooper is SEC's version of 'Megatron' http://ow.ly/CvKPs

He is a beast. Get to Sims but Cooper will likely get his in the game.