Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UK has suspended Boom Williams, Dorian Baker, Drew Barker and Tyrone Dubose at UK

Started by jbcarol, September 30, 2014, 01:10:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Four freshmen made an incredibly dumb mistake, will sit out against South Carolina.

QuoteTwo redshirt freshmen and two key contributors will be out this Saturday, serving a one-game suspension for an incident that locked down part of south campus Sunday night. Boom Williams, Dorian Baker, Drew Barker and Tymere Dubose were identified in a surveillance photo released to the public on Monday as four students who were shooting an Airsoft gun near the Kirwan/Blanding complex. Campus police received two reports of a shooting, but it's unclear what exactly it is they were doing.

As for how it affects the team, Baker is the fourth-leading receiver with 11 catches for 122 yards and one touchdown. Williams has 16 carries for 99 yards and a score and another 75 yards receiving and a score while handling the kick return duties too.

Timeline:
Matt Jones @KySportsRadio  ·  19h 19 hours ago
Unbelievably stupid decision by the players..days before a HUGE game and you take the focus off the good of your program. Very disappointed

Matt Jones @KySportsRadio  ·  Sep 29
Here is a link to a picture of the "Persons of Interest" in UK shooting, including one in UK Special teams shirt http://bit.ly/1uW44ir

Matt Jones @KySportsRadio  ·  Sep 28
Update for students RT @UKPolice: Update to the reported shots fired. Police are searching the area, please remain inside at this time.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Rzbakfromwaybak

1 game suspension, shooting an Airsoft gun......& didn't hurt anyone or do property damage?? 

Too bad.  If they had slugged some girl, probably would have only received a half game suspension....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Steef

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on September 30, 2014, 10:03:48 pm

1 game suspension, shooting an Airsoft gun......& didn't hurt anyone or do property damage?? 

Too bad.  If they had slugged some girl, probably would have only received a half game suspension....

At LSU...yes. You would be praised. At Mizzoo...you get kicked off the team, even if you'rea super star.

Dunno about KY.

southeasthog

Quote from: steefhog on October 01, 2014, 05:38:28 am
At LSU...yes. You would be praised. At Mizzoo...you get kicked off the team, even if you'rea super star.

Dunno about KY.
Football-suspension.

Basketball-girl probably arrested for assaulting the players shooting hand.

jbcarol

Jen Smith @jenheraldleader  ·  13h 13 hours ago

Kentucky's Mark Stoops doesn't usually meet with reporters on Tuesday, but he addressed air-pistol incident today: http://ukfootball.bloginky.com/2014/09/30/3830/ ...

QuoteMARK STOOPS
On the explanation suspended players gave him for their actions: "Well, the same thing. Like I said, guys we had some guys — we have some good kids that used poor judgment that made a mistake. They know they made a mistake, and they're being held accountable for it. We tried to address it quickly and decisive. They were wrong. Like I said, they're remorseful. They realize it now. So, we've handled it publicly with what I said and internally within our team. That's why I'm talking to you now, to talk and answer any questions you might have and then move forward."

On if he anticipates any further discipline: "We'll see how it plays out legally and through the school code of conduct and all those issues."

The main issue is the lock down of the main campus residence area and panic among students and student's parents - the people you need to buy tickets while you rebuild.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: steefhog on October 01, 2014, 05:38:28 am

Dunno about KY.

Yep, you are right about LSU. Kentucky appears to take things a little more seriously. It certainly depends on where it happens.....to what happens with discipline...or lack of it.

Mizzoo certainly kicked DGB off the team....but it wasn't his first strike there....about the 3rd,  I believe.  Along comes Oklahoma, picks him right up & tries to get him immediate eligibility.  Disgusting.  Glad they failed on that part. Years ago, if a player had physically assaulted a woman & it was made public, they would be done with college ball.

jbcarol

Wide receiver Dorian Baker, running back Stanley Williams, quarterback Drew Barker, and defensive end Tymere Dubose have all been charged with second-degree disorderly conduct in Fayette County (Ky.) District Court.  The charges were filed Thursday morning after the players received summonses Wednesday evening.

Such an offense, a misdemeanor, is punishable by up to 90 days in jail.

Quotepolice were called around 9:30 Sunday night to a residence complex on the south end of campus, near the football facilities, after fielding calls about possible shots being fired. UK and Lexington police searched the area for two hours and recovered three airsoft guns from the players themselves, while another was discarded.  The Herald-Leader wrote in a tweet that, "[a]ccording to papers filed in court, the players said they were playing a game of 'man hunt' on campus Sunday night."

All four players have been suspended for this weekend's game against South Carolina.

"We have some good kids that used poor judgment that made a mistake. They know they made a mistake, and they're being held accountable for it," head coach Mark Stoops...

Steef

"We have some good kids that used poor judgment that made a mistake. They know they made a mistake, and they're being held accountable for it," head coach Mark Stoops...:"

Almost verbatim what Les Miles said, every time one of his players committed a felony.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: steefhog on October 02, 2014, 02:52:46 pm

"We have some good kids that used poor judgment that made a mistake. They know they made a mistake, and they're being held accountable for it," head coach Mark Stoops...:"

Almost verbatim what Les Miles said, every time one of his players committed a felony.

You nailed it.  In other words....."they will be held accountable for their actions, until needed...or the next important game".....

jbcarol

hogcard1964

Stiff penalties.  Jamies Winston was blowing out apartment windows with a BB gun last season while hiding in bushes and FSU basically rewarded him for doing it.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Kyle Tucker @KyleTucker_CJ  ·  Oct 6

Stoops says four suspended frosh reinstated. "They'll be back in the fold this week. Be back in practice and they'll play this week."