Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Today's PC Bielema

Started by ricepig, September 30, 2014, 12:49:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

Quote from: hawgon on September 30, 2014, 04:44:07 pm
Then he needs to wake up because we are ahead of schedule.  Win now.  Let three years from now sort itself out.  You never know what can happen, you can only control the here and now.

And besides, how do you think Ole Miss is in the Top 10?  They started out ranked is how.  That is what one or two extra wins does for you.  It creates buzz and excitement.  Which result in increased exposure and better recruiting.  Which result in more wins.  Which create buzz and excitement....and so on.

Win what now?  They are not going to win the west, even if they win out.  Even if they were to go 6-1 they finish 9-3 and the best bowl to hope for would be the one of the FLA bowls on new years day, but at 9-3, with the way the west is this year, that still likely lands them in Nashville. 

And if your telling me one of the RS is that much of a difference maker, they would have played against Auburn, or surely Nicholls.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Dark Helmet Hog

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Spikes on September 30, 2014, 04:37:53 pm
True. Very true.. But ...Would rather be winning 9-10 games a yr, ranked in the top 10-15, then winning 3 games a yr and  looking at 0-16 in the sec heading into the Miss St game..

New Flash: We were horrible Petrino's first two years!
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Spikes

Quote from: HF#1 on September 30, 2014, 04:48:12 pm
And you are? SMH

A person that looks at facts and stats.  CBP wins and wins a high rate. Get the most of his players regardless of what star ranking they are.  His knack is recruiting, which I I believe is his weakness, but when you put players in position to win and is one of the top play caller in football, well we all know about winning when he was here. 

CBB wins and wins at a high rate as well, is doing a better job of recruiting, but his knack is winning the big games,and W/L record vs top 25. Each week in the SEC is a big game. This what concerns me.

You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

Spikes

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 30, 2014, 04:57:11 pm
New Flash: We were horrible Petrino's first two years!

Winning 8 games is not horrible.

hawgon

Quote from: Spikes on September 30, 2014, 05:00:50 pm
Winning 8 games is not horrible.

Everyone on this board would take 8 wins right now and call it a season if they could.  And be singing Bielema's praises from here to kingdom come.

Uberanubis

Quote from: Bebop on September 30, 2014, 01:16:22 pm
We became predictable?

could be a player tipping the hand and us not seeing it?
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

Spikes

Quote from: hawgon on September 30, 2014, 05:02:44 pm
Everyone on this board would take 8 wins right now and call it a season if they could.  And be singing Bielema's praises from here to kingdom come.

Yep not to mention winning a bowl game, and having the fan base feel we are back to being a power team heading into 2010

Dark Helmet Hog

I think most would be ok with 6.

hawgon

Quote from: hogsanity on September 30, 2014, 05:04:46 pm
Who's arguing that we don't want to win?  The question about pulling RS in the middle of the season is never easy.  Usually if a kid was going to make a difference he would have played by now. Thats all some of us are saying.

I will submit to you, and I know you won't believe it or want to hear it, but Bielema redshirting guys who could help right away was a common complaint fans had in Wisconsin.  I think, it is possible, that he is so attached to the idea of redshirting that on occasion a kid who could make a difference, is redshirted instead of being put on the field.

It is probably less so here at Arkansas than there, but if our receivers are as bad as some of you would have us believe, it is hard to imagine that we don't have a freshman or two who could help us a little.

That said, I'm tired of arguing about it.  I just want to win and there isn't much excuse for not going at least 3-5 in conference now.  This team is good enough to be quite a bit better than that actually.

ricepig

Quote from: Uberanubis on September 30, 2014, 05:06:01 pm

Not anymore than normal I would suspect. I can usually tell when someone is going to pull, especially watching on TV, not as easy in the stands. Now, in high school, I can tell when everyone of the guy's on our team is pulling. Mostly of our formations usually indicate our preferences, and I imagine we have real small tendencies when we have the lead in these formations.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Bebop on September 30, 2014, 01:24:58 pm
We got three good TEs (all three can create good mismatches), Cornelius did well (got a crucial first down), Edwards, and Hatcher has stepped it up since Auburn. The fact that they were predicting our plays is not necessarily on talent but on the one calling the plays.

LOL

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Uberanubis on September 30, 2014, 05:06:01 pm

Probably not, although it's possible. I'm charting what play we ran vs. our formation and pre-snap motion to see if I can find a pattern. I'll post the results if I find anything interesting.

ricepig

Quote from: hawgon on September 30, 2014, 05:10:59 pm
I will submit to you, and I know you won't believe it or want to hear it, but Bielema redshirting guys who could help right away was a common complaint fans had in Wisconsin.  I think, it is possible, that he is so attached to the idea of redshirting that on occasion a kid who could make a difference, is redshirted instead of being put on the field.

It is probably less so here at Arkansas than there, but if our receivers are as bad as some of you would have us believe, it is hard to imagine that we don't have a freshman or two who could help us a little.

That said, I'm tired of arguing about it.  I just want to win and there isn't much excuse for not going at least 3-5 in conference now.  This team is good enough to be quite a bit better than that actually.

JoJo is the only WR who hasn't played, plays the same position as Cornelius and is a semester behind in the playbook and weight room. I too want to win every game, I don't think we've held anyone back that would contribute.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: ricepig on September 30, 2014, 05:16:11 pm
JoJo is the only WR who hasn't played, plays the same position as Cornelius and is a semester behind in the playbook and weight room. I too want to win every game, I don't think we've held anyone back that would contribute.

I don't think so either. Maybe Cole Hedlund. Of course, Henson was booming it in practice. He had been accurate up to 45 yards or so, but he's not game-quality. Maybe Hedlund gets the redshirt pulled if he can do a better job.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: WarPig88 on September 30, 2014, 02:26:55 pm

You wouldn't want to hear this, but Petrino would have these guys looking like a top notch unit.

There is talent there. Whether it is all SEC or not is in question, but we are not depleted.

You are correct.  We don't want to hear it.  He is not our coach anymore, he is gone.  Get over it.......or go follow Louisville.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Uberanubis

Quote from: ricepig on September 30, 2014, 05:11:09 pm
Not anymore than normal I would suspect. I can usually tell when someone is going to pull, especially watching on TV, not as easy in the stands. Now, in high school, I can tell when everyone of the guy's on our team is pulling. Mostly of our formations usually indicate our preferences, and I imagine we have real small tendencies when we have the lead in these formations.
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 30, 2014, 05:14:03 pm
Probably not, although it's possible. I'm charting what play we ran vs. our formation and pre-snap motion to see if I can find a pattern. I'll post the results if I find anything interesting.

if understand what was being said correctly, then something was giving us away if they were making the calls on the field. you don't see that happen often. something just seams fishy to me about this.

think maybe auburn figured it out at the half, during our game. again to reiterate, it just rubs me the wrong way.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

elksnort

Quote from: Kevin on September 30, 2014, 01:31:27 pm
we cannot pass unless it is play action
THIS. that's why the playcalling is ever more important. The play action passing is got to be cleverly mixed in to the run game. Maybe throw on first down little more often.

PonderinHog

Without the screw jobs against Georgia, Florida and LSU, that eight would have been eleven.

Spikes

Quote from: Bebop on September 30, 2014, 05:43:20 pm
Yep, and that's one of the reasons that they are doing well.

Is the hyperbole lost on you? Some people think BP is perfect and any thing he touches turns to gold regardless if it is full of rust. I was merely pointing out that he is human and his team is struggling.

Maybe, but one has to wonder how much we are calling a certain play that makes "tipping the hand" a possibility.

What a thoughtful reply.

Hold on, aren't you the one that defended Ash last season? How is that relevant? It's relevant because you chose to defend him regardless of the obvious. Much like now. You won't/refuse to acknowledge the possibility that any playcalling was questionable because you think the coaches can do no wrong. Instead of questioning a play you say that we lack talent, can't execute, tired, etc., all of which are real possibilities, but you will never, ever question the coaches. Why? Because they are coaches and the rest of us peons can't grasp a stupid game called football and it's concepts.

They gave up 23.77 pts per game last yr, this yr is 14 pts per game. Seem this staff know how to coach them up better.

TMc

Quote from: Kevin on September 30, 2014, 01:28:29 pm
edwards catches the first pass, then was not heard of again.

Yeah, I thought about that too.., again not critical on my part here.., but the kid catches the football if he can get his hands on it. Maybe he's still in the learning phase.  But he is going to be a horse.

TMc

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on September 30, 2014, 01:36:33 pm
Atl, I was refering to what ricepig said in his answer. I have no idea how good D1 athletes are in NYC. Rice told me that Jersey is the likely spot that CBB is recruiting before working with CBS on Saturday

It would have to be DuWops brother in Egg Harbor, NJ. He's a 6'4" 4 star WR.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: hogsanity on September 30, 2014, 04:08:50 pm
Ok, if they are potential 9 win team, based on the 1st 5 games, they did all that impressed you without any of the guys that are red shirtting, so why pull those now? Thats what the staff has to weigh, can any of these guys, within the game plan, provide enough of a difference in several games, not just one, to justify using a year of eligibility.

This team is anywhere between 5 and 8 wins. I see it somewhere in the middle like 6 or 7

bigred223

I am hoping Kendrick Edwards gets more PT. He looks like a player and has some nice wheels for a guy that tall.

ricepig

Quote from: Pancetta on September 30, 2014, 06:56:14 pm
Why does everyone keep saying CBB is going to recruit in NYC area? He just said he is going to be a guest analyst on CBS studio show and will be great exposure for our program. He'd be better served spending Friday trying to come up with a few funny anecdotes and pithy coaching comments than concentrating on one player on Friday. A good showing on Saturday's show could tip the scales on e few recruits in the future.

Well, no one really said it, one asked why he was going on Friday and it went from there. He said he was going to Utah on Thursday, didn't say how long he was staying.

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: BorderPatrol on September 30, 2014, 02:29:11 pm
And aTm would have scored 70 against Petrino's defense.

bp

What was his record against A&M? I don't have the football acumen quite yet that most of you guys do.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Laughing Hog

Quote from: Wildhog on September 30, 2014, 04:45:27 pm
We're going to beat Ole Miss and Mizzou, and split LSU/UGA.  It's gone happen.

I agree (we need Wallace to be... well, Wallace). I think we can beat UGA, the corn dogs 'appear' to have some issues, but I'm just not sure about them yet (A lot of talent on that team and Lester has that Rabbit's foot up his arse).

My Gawga buddies here think we'll be down/beat up/worn out, etc., etc. after the gumps game. I think we can abuse their D and our D seems to be getting better with each game.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Chic-Hog-Oh

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 30, 2014, 03:28:44 pm
Our WRs are physically solid but are not quick. Fast? Maybe, but not quick, save for Cornelius. Hatcher is straight-line fast, but not quick. When I say that I am referring to shiftiness and the ability to cut/break efficiently.

We can block and we can catch. We can run disciplined routes. We cannot run away from people (or, not many of our WR can) and we cannot create separation with any integrity to the route and timing. That is rather critical. We are having to find a receiver in space which is hard to do when you've shown every look in the first 2.5 quarters of the game.

The predictability is because UA was not going to risk anything. Win your way, or not, but do it your way. Hammer the opposition into summission = CBB Way. If we had made ONE completion vs the Ags defense they would not have mentioned predictability.

Curious if the JoJo RS comes off this week. Need another body, and he has legit skills to help...if he has grown them to the college level.
Good points. And remember we were missing Morgan and Wilson against aTm....

Hoggish1

HoopS

Quote from: ricepig on September 30, 2014, 04:39:59 pm
I'll agree with that, and Bielema said in his PC that Henson had been killing it in practice, but these last two games showed different. He's opening up his FG competition this week and early next week. I don't think anyone else that is redecorating would take away snaps from others.
you'd be surprised how well some interior decorators can run routes.

PorkRinds

Heck yes I would.  AYSM?