Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Today's PC Bielema

Started by ricepig, September 30, 2014, 12:49:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Coach B: Going to take a look at the other field goal kickers. John Henson was stroking the ball very well in camp and that's why he won job

Bielema said Williams and Collins will be in green non-contact jerseys all week: "The only thing they're going to hit is the bed."

Coach B: Dan Skipper is a very mature and responsible young man. He will need to turn the page. We have some ideas to help him

Bielema: Henre' Toliver was hit by a football we threw while he was on sidelines. Kind of a freak thing. He may not practice this week.

Coach B: Toliver likely won't practice this week, but will next. He had to go to hospital in Dallas for eye injury

Bielema: CBS invited me to be in to be an analyst on Saturday. Great opportunity for exposure for our program. He'll be in New York

Coach B: During bye week, Our 2s become 1s during bye week, Our 1s become 2s - in terms of snaps and reps

Coach B: On Brey Cook's penalty, he was not involved in any way, shape or form. Standing over a guy that got knocked down by somebody else

Bielema on the 2 QB-center exchange issues: "We had not had an exchange issue in three weeks. ... We've definitely got to address it."

Drew Morgan dislocated knee cap last week but still played a couple of plays. Should be full go next week.

Coach B: Demetrius Wilson wasn't good enough to go; Drew Morgan dislocated his knee in practice

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ricepig

Ragnow, Toliver, Ramriez, Eugene, Tretola were some players Bielema saw during bye week last season.

Coach B: I sent in seven plays to the SEC office on Sunday and received positive feedback on them.

Bielema: The reception recruiting was unbelievable. I landed in Alabama and guy took my luggage and said "roll tide" but I love how you play

razorJAcker

Quote from: ricepig on September 30, 2014, 12:49:26 pm

Bielema: Henre' Toliver was hit by a football we threw while he was on sidelines. Kind of a freak thing. He may not practice this week.

It's in here for those who want to see it...

http://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/super-page/barstool-college-football-roundup-week-5/

The_Iceman

@khairopoulos

A&M DC said in 4Q Aggie defensive players were calling out Ark's plays. Awareness grew during game.

Mike_e

Bielema said Williams and Collins will be in green non-contact jerseys all week: "The only thing they're going to hit is the bed."

We were gassed that last 5+ minutes.  The 2s really need to concentrate this week.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Biggus Piggus

Arkansas is badly depleted at WR.
[CENSORED]!

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Bebop

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 30, 2014, 01:10:44 pm
@khairopoulos

A&M DC said in 4Q Aggie defensive players were calling out Ark's plays. Awareness grew during game.

We became predictable?

forrest city joe

That Brey Cook's penalty was BS, just like i thought it was. those refs were looking for something to call on Arkansas. trying to protect their top ranked teams. i will leave it at that.but it pisses me off.

ricepig

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 30, 2014, 01:10:44 pm
@khairopoulos

Heh. RT @skhanjr: Texas A&M DC Mark Snyder summed up Arkansas' offensive line thusly: "Five Paul Bunyans."

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 30, 2014, 01:12:19 pm

Quote from: Bebop on September 30, 2014, 01:16:22 pm
We became predictable?

Lacking options to be able to adjust will do that.  We are going to keep this darn going I see. 

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: ricepig on September 30, 2014, 12:49:26 pm

Bielema: CBS invited me to be in to be an analyst on Saturday. Great opportunity for exposure for our program. He'll be in New York

RicePigg, What recruits is CBB looking at on Friday night in New York City?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on September 30, 2014, 01:21:56 pm

Why would he have to spend Friday night in NYC when the CBS pregame doesn't start till 3PM ET? 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ricepig

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on September 30, 2014, 01:21:56 pm

Probably somebody from Jersey, if he's looking.

Bebop

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 30, 2014, 01:20:37 pm
Lacking options to be able to adjust will do that.  We are going to keep this darn going I see.

We got three good TEs (all three can create good mismatches), Cornelius did well (got a crucial first down), Edwards, and Hatcher has stepped it up since Auburn. The fact that they were predicting our plays is not necessarily on talent but on the one calling the plays.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 30, 2014, 01:16:42 pm
That Brey Cook's penalty was BS, just like i thought it was. those refs were looking for something to call on Arkansas. trying to protect their top ranked teams. i will leave it at that.but it pisses me off.

Come on now, Joe.

You can't taunt the other team, especially when the refs just got through warning both teams about it.

bp

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Bebop on September 30, 2014, 01:24:58 pm
We got three good TEs, Cornelius did well, and Hatcher has stepped it up since Auburn. The fact that they were predicting our plays is not necessarily on talent but on the one calling the plays.

Calling plays with limited options. 

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 30, 2014, 01:12:19 pm

You can say that again.
Didnt have any depth there to begin with. Wouldnt mind taking the RS off of Jo Jo if it meant more wins.

Kevin

edwards catches the first pass, then was not heard of again.

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Biggus Piggus

Tight ends do not have what Arkansas needs: wideouts quick off the line.
[CENSORED]!

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 30, 2014, 01:23:42 pm
Why would he have to spend Friday night in NYC when the CBS pregame doesn't start till 3PM ET? 

Its still a 3 hour flight from XNA but if he is recruiting somewhere on the Atlantic Coast on Friday then the flight might be shorter. As RicePig said, he is probably recruiting in Jersey on Friday night.

Bebop

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 30, 2014, 01:26:46 pm
Calling plays with limited options.

I'm not buying it, sorry. I get that we may not have world beaters as WRs, but they are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be. Our TEs are good and the rest at the very least are serviceable, if not good.

ricepig

Quote from: Kevin on September 30, 2014, 01:28:29 pm

Maybe the started guarding him closer?? Truthfully, we don't throw it deep, 20yds or more very often, unless it's play action.

hawgon

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on September 30, 2014, 01:27:11 pm
You can say that again.
Didnt have any depth there to begin with. Wouldnt mind taking the RS off of Jo Jo if it meant more wins.

This team is good enough that if they are trying to redshirt someone who could help right now, then they should remove the shirt.  This team is good enough to win out after Alabama.  THAT would be HUGE for the health of the program and we don't need to sacrifice any wins whatsoever holding someone out for next year.

Bebop

Quote from: Kevin on September 30, 2014, 01:28:29 pm

There may be a reason for that, but if not, then why?

Kevin

Quote from: ricepig on September 30, 2014, 01:30:35 pm
Maybe the started guarding him closer?? Truthfully, we don't throw it deep, 20yds or more very often, unless it's play action.

we cannot pass unless it is play action
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 30, 2014, 01:16:42 pm

Brey Cook penalty was one of many. Lack of make up calls is what I saw late in the game.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on September 30, 2014, 01:29:19 pm
Its still a 3 hour flight from XNA but if he is recruiting somewhere on the Atlantic Coast on Friday then the flight might be shorter. As RicePig said, he is probably recruiting in Jersey on Friday night.

Why did you ask the earlier question when the comment you quoted said nothing about recruiting in NYC? 

Wildhog

KJ and Jojo are going to be crucial.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

forrest city joe

Quote from: BorderPatrol on September 30, 2014, 01:25:48 pm
Come on now, Joe.

You can't taunt the other team, especially when the refs just got through warning both teams about it.

bp
That was not a taunt. that was a BS call. just like that first holding call on Skipper was. Trey flowers was held all game long. so don't give me that crap.

ricepig

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on September 30, 2014, 01:29:19 pm

Where was it said he would be in NYC on Friday? I know Pitman is going to be in New Symrna Beach Florida watching Jalen Merrick.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 30, 2014, 01:33:58 pm
Why did you ask the earlier question when the comment you quoted said nothing about recruiting in NYC? 
Atl, I was refering to what ricepig said in his answer. I have no idea how good D1 athletes are in NYC. Rice told me that Jersey is the likely spot that CBB is recruiting before working with CBS on Saturday

code red

Quote from: Mike_e on September 30, 2014, 01:10:53 pm

We were gassed that last 5+ minutes.  The 2s really need to concentrate this week.

I disagree...they loaded the box and we called running plays.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on September 30, 2014, 01:36:33 pm
Atl, I was refering to what ricepig said in his answer. I have no idea how good D1 athletes are in NYC. Rice told me that Jersey is the likely spot that CBB is recruiting before working with CBS on Saturday

An answer he had yet to give when you asked about recruiting in NYC? 

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: ricepig on September 30, 2014, 01:34:59 pm
Where was it said he would be in NYC on Friday? I know Pitman is going to be in New Symrna Beach Florida watching Jalen Merrick.

He looks like a beast.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2745973/highlights/61215061

Wildhog

We need Merrick in a bad way.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Bebop

Quote from: code red on September 30, 2014, 01:36:50 pm
I disagree...they loaded the box and we called running plays.

That and the fact that the Aggies DC said the defensive players were calling the plays in the 4th. That would gives us one reason for our lack of offensive efficiency. The question is how much fatigue played into it?

BorderPatrol

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 30, 2014, 01:34:56 pm
That was not a taunt. that was a BS call. just like that first holding call on Skipper was. Trey flowers was held all game long. so don't give me that crap.

Did you see the video of the penalty?

bp

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on September 30, 2014, 01:41:23 pm

Appears to favor the Florida schools, but I never count as out with Sam.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Wildhog on September 30, 2014, 01:41:23 pm
Merrick, get Pettway and move him to Safety. He knocks your clock off with the Nashville Scrappers. But again, its High School.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Wildhog on September 30, 2014, 01:34:54 pm

Yep.  Stewart will help as well.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

ricepig

Quote from: Fort Dweller on September 30, 2014, 01:49:37 pm
Yep.  Stewart will help as well.

Stewart will more than likely redshirt, needs to see Herb.

TheRazorbackGuy

PonderinHog

I really wanted to see Jojo this year.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 30, 2014, 01:55:49 pm
I really wanted to see Jojo this year.

If injuries keep happening you very well still could

navyhog24

I wonder if they've been going "Crazy"

HF#1

Quote from: Bebop on September 30, 2014, 01:30:30 pm
I'm not buying it, sorry. I get that we may not have world beaters as WRs, but they are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be. Our TEs are good and the rest at the very least are serviceable, if not good.

You're kidding right?  They can't get off the LOS and have little top end speed.  They don't run great routes yet.  Hatcher is our best WR and wouldn't sniff any top SEC roster.  We are a year or two away from having great WR play.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Piggfoot

Quote from: BorderPatrol on September 30, 2014, 01:42:05 pm
Did you see the video of the penalty?

bp

from Coach B's comments

Coach B: On Brey Cook's penalty, he was not involved in any way, shape or form. Standing over a guy that got knocked down by somebody else
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Piggfoot on September 30, 2014, 02:07:10 pm
from Coach B's comments

Yes it was a cheap call and no make up call came after.