Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QB from Batesville

Started by ballhogger, September 30, 2014, 09:45:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ballhogger

I am sure that they are very content with Storey as a commitment, but I almost think that this young man has a Higher ceiling than him.  I saw him play a few weeks ago against Jonesboro and this kid can throw and is very Mobile.  His name is Kenton Crawford.  I am hoping that ASU pursues him if he is not on Arkansas radar.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3114112/highlights/173164375

ricepig

No way, he's not a SEC QB, and I've watched him play. He's a good high school QB, nothing wrong with that.

PorkRinds

Quote from: ballhogger on September 30, 2014, 09:45:22 am
I am sure that they are very content with Storey as a commitment, but I almost think that this young man has a Higher ceiling than him. I saw him play a few weeks ago against Jonesboro and this kid can throw and is very Mobile.  His name is Kenton Crawford.  I am hoping that ASU pursues him if he is not on Arkansas radar.

LOL. No. 

ballhogger

I knew there would be those who disagree with me.  I can handle that, I just thought I would voice my opinion.  The fact that he is a mobile QB who looks to throw first is what intrigues me.  He has a very strong arm.

ricepig

Quote from: ballhogger on September 30, 2014, 10:43:18 am
I knew there would be those who disagree with me.  I can handle that, I just thought I would voice my opinion.  The fact that he is a mobile QB who looks to throw first is what intrigues me.  He has a very strong arm.

No problem, but Jonesboro's secondary makes everyone look good, haha. And this comes from a Cane fan.

RAZORHOGG15

When you make a comment like he has a higher ceiling than Ty story you had to know you would get some heat about it.  The kid looks like a fine qb and will hopefully will get his college paid for but I think you are undervaluing Ty story's ability to not only scramble but pick up a couple first downs a game
ONE TEAM ONE HEART ONE GOAL

Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness

ricepig

Quote from: RAZORHOGG15 on September 30, 2014, 11:28:53 am
When you make a comment like he has a higher ceiling than Ty story you had to know you would get some heat about it.  The kid looks like a fine qb and will hopefully will get his college paid for but I think you are undervaluing Ty story's ability to not only scramble but pick up a couple first downs a game

No comparison between them, ones a QB, ones an athlete.

Rooka

I was at the Jonesboro-Batesville game too and if there is anyone that you can come away the most impressed with, it was Batesville's kicker. Kid is legit. The Batesville QB is a good high school quarterback, but let's not go over board here. I have never seen Ty Storey play, but even I can tell you it's no comparison.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: ricepig on September 30, 2014, 10:58:40 am
No problem, but Jonesboro's secondary makes everyone look good, haha. And this comes from a Cane fan.
Not Mountain Home.   ;D

ricepig

ricepig

Quote from: Rooka on September 30, 2014, 11:57:08 am
I was at the Jonesboro-Batesville game too and if there is anyone that you can come away the most impressed with, it was Batesville's kicker. Kid is legit. The Batesville QB is a good high school quarterback, but let's not go over board here. I have never seen Ty Storey play, but even I can tell you it's no comparison.

Yeah, he made a 42yd FG with plenty of room. I read he made a 50yd against Nettleton, strong leg.

BatesvilleHOG

Kenton is a great QB. I play softball with his dad and he told me Kenton likes baseball a lot better. He's getting a lot of looks from minor league teams.

I think the kicker Osvaldo Espuerta(sp?) has much more potential to go to a major D1 school than anyone else on Batesville's team. Very solid leg.

howie76

They need to fire whoever recorded that....PITIFUL!!

Hog_One_Stop

I am sure that they are very content with Storey as a commitment, but I almost think that this young man has a Higher ceiling than him.  I saw him play a few weeks ago against Jonesboro and this kid can throw and is very Mobile.  His name is Kenton Crawford.  I am hoping that ASU pursues him if he is not on Arkansas radar.

So he's better than Storey who is one of the top rated QB in country 

Peter Porker

I'm a Justin Gallant fan. Tall receiver with very good wheels.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

BatesvilleHOG

Quote from: Peter Porker on September 30, 2014, 03:14:14 pm
I hope he has changed his pregame rituals of soaking his hands in liquid butter. He has a good frame and QB to throw him the ball.

ricepig

Quote from: Peter Porker on September 30, 2014, 03:14:14 pm

Yep, he looked very good against Jonesboro, I was surprised by his speed.

Razorpigg

Speaking of Batesville...

Whatever happened to the famous Matthew Showalter?  Didn't he walk on at UA?

Will never forget the color guy on that video! That was hilarious!

BatesvilleHOG

Quote from: Razorpigg on September 30, 2014, 04:56:45 pm
Speaking of Batesville...

Whatever happened to the famous Matthew Showalter?  Didn't he walk on at UA?

Will never forget the color guy on that video! That was hilarious!
He walked on at Arkansas but never really could get into it. He was in a little over his head and didn't really care for Petrino so he just decided to pursue his education instead. I don't recall a single time Matthew took the field and wasn't the best athlete on the field. He was 110% freak. I really wish things would have turned out for him.

Price Holmes who was also from Batesville, walked on a few years ago and stuck with it all the way until he got his degree. He is now an assistant strength and conditioning coach for the Razorbacks.

AND DER AINT NO FLAGS

Razorpigg

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on September 30, 2014, 05:00:17 pm
He walked on at Arkansas but never really could get into it. He was in a little over his head and didn't really care for Petrino so he just decided to pursue his education instead. I don't recall a single time Matthew took the field and wasn't the best athlete on the field. He was 110% freak. I really wish things would have turned out for him.

Price Holmes who was also from Batesville, walked on a few years ago and stuck with it all the way until he got his degree. He is now an assistant strength and conditioning coach for the Razorbacks.

AND DER AINT NO FLAGS

HAHA!  That was it!

Yes I remember Holmes as well.  I have a good friend that is good friends with Coach King.  He said the same thing about Showalter.  Must have been a hell of an athlete.

There were a couple of brothers up there that were suppose to be real good.  I think one may have transferred to Southside?  Lots of speed... Only go to see them when they played Searcy lol so they were probably on the bench by halftime!

BatesvilleHOG

Quote from: Razorpigg on September 30, 2014, 05:06:17 pm
HAHA!  That was it!

Yes I remember Holmes as well.  I have a good friend that is good friends with Coach King.  He said the same thing about Showalter.  Must have been a hell of an athlete.

There were a couple of brothers up there that were suppose to be real good.  I think one may have transferred to Southside?  Lots of speed... Only go to see them when they played Searcy lol so they were probably on the bench by halftime!
I believe you're talking about the Childress cousins Jordan and Emprea. They graduated from Southside in 2013 after going to Batesville their whole lives.. Apparently Coach King made some racist remarks to them and their family and Coach Simpson at Southside was the first person to take their side. They produced a lot of yards and points their soph. and junior years at Batesville and were starting to get a little attention from college programs but after they transferred to Southside and didn't make as much noise, the attention faded.

Jordan walked on at UCA and injured his achillies and was forced to redshirt. I believe hes back in Batesville now attending UACCB. Emprea walked on at Arkansas State and is currently working out with the team and hopes to get on the practice squad next season. He has amazing speed.

The Boar War

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on September 30, 2014, 06:07:40 pm
I believe you're talking about the Childress cousins Jordan and Emprea. They graduated from Southside in 2013 after going to Batesville their whole lives.. Apparently Coach King made some racist remarks to them and their family and Coach Simpson at Southside was the first person to take their side. They produced a lot of yards and points their soph. and junior years at Batesville and were starting to get a little attention from college programs but after they transferred to Southside and didn't make as much noise, the attention faded.

Jordan walked on at UCA and injured his achillies and was forced to redshirt. I believe hes back in Batesville now attending UACCB. Emprea walked on at Arkansas State and is currently working out with the team and hopes to get on the practice squad next season. He has amazing speed.

It seems there was always a Childress ready to run the ball.  Hope the family doesn't start steering their kids to Southside.

I didn't hear the story about the racist remarks.  The one I heard was stranger than that and had to do with dreams/visions (not in the generic sense but actual "and I heard a voice saying..... visions) of a state championship that went unfulfilled with Coach King.  Who knows?

Hey Super

He's got skills no doubt but his passes looked late and often under thrown. I hope he ends up somewhere though!
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

RayZorbak

Would take the Jonesboro QB over him. Heard ASU is interested and has been in contact with him.

BatesvilleHOG

Quote from: The Boar War on September 30, 2014, 08:27:46 pm
It seems there was always a Childress ready to run the ball.  Hope the family doesn't start steering their kids to Southside.

I didn't hear the story about the racist remarks.  The one I heard was stranger than that and had to do with dreams/visions (not in the generic sense but actual "and I heard a voice saying..... visions) of a state championship that went unfulfilled with Coach King.  Who knows?
I heard the same thing you stated, and I believe that is more probably than the other, but both are possible.

As a Southerner at heart, id love nothing more than for the Childress family to plant their family seed into our football program. That family alone has fed the pioneer football team with talented kids for seriously decades. Southside needs to find a coach to win football games with the players he's got first.

Youngsta71701

October 01, 2014, 07:33:45 am #25 Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 07:57:37 am by Youngsta71701

He's a better safety than he is a quarterback. I'll take him a safety any day. He's a ball hawk.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

ballhogger

He may not be at that level, but the kid has an undeniable skill set.  There are two throws that he makes on that film that are very impressive.  The first one rolling to his left he throws a deep ball to his left against what I believe to be Watson Chapel.  The other was against Jonesboro on the deep all to the far sideline.  He threw that ball 55 yards at least.  The reason I made the higher ceiling comment to begin with is that I don't know if this kid is done growing or what kind of weight program he is on, but he quite a good athlete.  I am no coach, just a fan but he really stood out to me when he played Jonesboro.  He had very little time to pass against Jonesboro and seemed to just keep making plays.   Just my two cents.

strokerhog

I have heard that he throws 90plus fastball so he has arm strength , Baseball is his first choice.

BatesvilleHOG

Quote from: strokerhog on October 02, 2014, 09:48:01 pm
I have heard that he throws 90plus fastball so he has arm strength , Baseball is his first choice.
exactly what I said earlier in the post. He hits everything within swinging distance as well. Baseball is his first choice.

Dwyane Wade

Watched Batesville @ Paragould and Crawford was like 4/15 for a TD maybe. Didn't look impressive passing, but Gallant didn't do him many favors with his case of the dropsies.