Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sunny Side

Started by Oklahawg, September 30, 2014, 09:10:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: ricepig on September 30, 2014, 04:54:07 pm
Until he missed the FG against NIU, what had he done to lose the job?

How many attempts this year? I know it's not many.

ricepig

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on September 30, 2014, 04:55:48 pm
How many attempts this year? I know it's not many.

2/4, makes of around 25ish, two misses of 43 + 44.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: ricepig on September 30, 2014, 05:03:27 pm
2/4, makes of around 25ish, two misses of 43 + 44.

Thanks.

I think the jury is still out on the kid. I do wish they had kicked it a little sooner on Saturday. I felt like they gave him too much time to think about it. Nerves kicked in.

ricepig

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on September 30, 2014, 05:06:05 pm
Thanks.

I think the jury is still out on the kid. I do wish they had kicked it a little sooner on Saturday. I felt like they gave him too much time to think about it. Nerves kicked in.

Bielema wanted to fake it, he said so, but they didn't get the look.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: ricepig on September 30, 2014, 05:13:06 pm
Bielema wanted to fake it, he said so, but they didn't get the look.

I missed that one. The effect was the same though.

bphi11ips

Quote from: ricepig on September 30, 2014, 04:54:07 pm
Until he missed the FG against NIU, what had he done to lose the job?

Not the point at all.  The question is why he was kicking from the get go.  Zach Hocker was 16 of 19 as a true freshman.  As you said above, I've been through all of this already.  The puzzling thing is not why Henson didn't lose the job.  It's why Hedlund was redshirted in favor of Henson.

You paraphrased Bielema in another thread.  I don't know what he actually said, but what you wrote is that Bielema said Henson was "stroking the ball very well in camp, and that's why he won the job."  Could he have chosen those words carefully?  After the Auburn game, Bielema said he punted twice from the 35 because the coaches decided before the game the max range for a field goal would be 42 yards.  This is the first game we're talking about.  42 yards?  Are you kidding me?

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

ricepig

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 30, 2014, 06:01:21 pm
Not the point at all.  The question is why he was kicking from the get go.  Zach Hocker was 16 of 19 as a true freshman.  As you said above, I've been through all of this already.  The puzzling thing is not why Henson didn't lose the job.  It's why Hedlund was redshirted in favor of Henson.

You paraphrased Bielema in another thread.  I don't know what he actually said, but what you wrote is that Bielema said Henson was "stroking the ball very well in camp, and that's why he won the job."  Could he have chosen those words carefully?  After the Auburn game, Bielema said he punted twice from the 35 because the coaches decided before the game the max range for a field goal would be 42 yards.  This is the first game we're talking about.  42 yards?  Are you kidding me?

Did you watch the PC?

http://www.wholehogsports.com/videos/2014/sep/30/10719/

Hoggish1

Quote from: GolfnHog on September 30, 2014, 09:34:11 am
The sun has been a factor in several games at Jerry's World. As to the question asked, I'm not sure. I do know that when Dean was back for the last A&M punt he was starring directly up and into the sun from the west end of the stadium.

It bodes the question, what idiot thought it was a good idea to have glass panes on the west side of a stadium when the afternoon sun and setting sun will be shining through? Based on the overall size of Jerry World why wasn't it build so the field was facing N/S?