Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Malik Dime cut list to 4 schools

Started by hdturner, September 29, 2014, 08:17:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hdturner

MissippHog

"He will decide between Rutgers, Arkansas, Washington, and Iowa State sometime in October."

uncle bubs

So I guess that Iowa State game coming up just got that much more important...
God bless the Boston Mountains.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: MissippHog on September 29, 2014, 08:35:49 pm
"He will decide between Rutgers, Arkansas, Washington, and Iowa State sometime in October."

I know I am just biased but when I look at that list of schools I have to scratch my head as why that is any choice at all. I don't mean to run down their programs either.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

ricepig

Quote from: uncle bubs on September 29, 2014, 08:48:54 pm
So I guess that Iowa State game coming up just got that much more important...

Does he not plan on signing in Nov?

onebadrubi

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on September 29, 2014, 08:50:14 pm
I know I am just biased but when I look at that list of schools I have to scratch my head as why that is any choice at all. I don't mean to run down their programs either.

Iowa st is not that bad of a program and are relative, also close to what he knows.  The other two I agree completely with you.

Hog Fan...DOH!

East, West, Midwest, South.  4 different conferences.  He's a kid from overseas and is leaving no stone unturned.  Impressive young man.

CallThemHawgs!

How Rutgers is even on that list is beyond me... no offense... but still...

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on September 29, 2014, 08:50:14 pm
We haven't been relevant for two decades. None of the recruits were even born the last time we had a good team.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on September 30, 2014, 05:42:30 am
We haven't been relevant for two decades. None of the recruits were even born the last time we had a good team.

Agreed

gmarv

don,t change the fact that our day is coming and its probable this year.

ArkansasI

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on September 29, 2014, 10:14:59 pm
East, West, Midwest, South.  4 different conferences.  He's a kid from overseas and is leaving no stone unturned.  Impressive young man.
Exactly.

Isn't Rutgers the second oldest university in the United States - only Harvard has more history?  It is also only a few hours from NYC, the cultural center of the US and one of the world's great cities.

The University of Washington campus is just north of downtown Seattle.  The PAC-12 is a fine conference, and U-Dub offers city and coastal amenities that the other 3 schools on Malik's list do not.

Fred knows what he is doing in Ames.  I would also argue that the Big 12(10) is a better basketball conference than the SEC.  I've never been to Ames, but I suspect it isn't that much different from Fayetteville.

We all know the University of Arkansas is a slice of heaven in America's heartland.  The area is paradise for an outdoorsman, or anyone that appreciates the beauty of rolling hills.  The world's greatest retailer is headquartered just a few miles up the road and our fans take basketball very seriously.  We crave a competitor.

Malik has a very tough decision to make.  I hope he picks the Hogs.

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: ArkansasI on September 30, 2014, 08:53:53 am
Exactly.

Isn't Rutgers the second oldest university in the United States - only Harvard has more history?  It is also only a few hours from NYC, the cultural center of the US and one of the world's great cities.

The University of Washington campus is just north of downtown Seattle.  The PAC-12 is a fine conference, and U-Dub offers city and coastal amenities that the other 3 schools on Malik's list do not.

Fred knows what he is doing in Ames.  I would also argue that the Big 12(10) is a better basketball conference than the SEC.  I've never been to Ames, but I suspect it isn't that much different from Fayetteville.

We all know the University of Arkansas is a slice of heaven in America's heartland.  The area is paradise for an outdoorsman, or anyone that appreciates the beauty of rolling hills.  The world's greatest retailer is headquartered just a few miles up the road and our fans take basketball very seriously.  We crave a competitor.

Malik has a very tough decision to make.  I hope he picks the Hogs.
Very good, unbiased run down of the 4 schools in the running! 

DoubleJ

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on September 30, 2014, 05:42:30 am

While this is true, that doesn't mean our past success has no bearing on recruiting today.  I remember Lance Stephenson was considering us, and visited campus while playing AAU because his dad remembered our glory days.

hogfreak

jbcarol

Phog.net @PhogNet  ·  Oct 8

Dime To Announce In Mid-October: Indian Hills CC big man Malik Dime (6-10, 220) will announce his decision ...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

hogfreak

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: hogfreak on October 10, 2014, 12:43:00 pm
We need him

Brother can you spare a Dime? Bobby is likely gone. He would be able to step right in. But, if his offensive game is still raw, we are going to need another skilled big man. That is, if Kingsley or Thompson aren't able to step out and hit a shot consistently.

I have heard a lot about his defensive prowess, does anyone know how his offensive game projects to the college level?
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

VBMark

At bottom of RD's Sunday tidbits, he says Dime to announce this week. Cross your fingers.
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

TomBigBeeHog

I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

pigture perfect

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on September 29, 2014, 11:25:05 pm
How Rutgers is even on that list is beyond me... no offense... but still...
New Jersey is about the last state I would want to live in. I can't stand driving through there.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hawgwash

So if we lose Tenpenny but get Dime, are we even?

PorkRinds

onebadrubi

Quote from: hawgwash on October 13, 2014, 09:50:04 am
So if we lose Tenpenny but get Dime, are we even?

I'd rather 1 dime over tenpennies any day, less clutter and noise in my pocket

Polecat

Quote from: VBMark on October 12, 2014, 10:27:36 pm
At bottom of RD's Sunday tidbits, he says Dime to announce this week. Cross your fingers.

I saw that too. Any idea what day this week?
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

-Blu

I just read an article from Brad Winton on Sunday and Winton said Dime told him he's making his decision sometime next week.  Not trying to throw any salt in RD's game, but did he maybe misread the week, or did Winton figure Sunday was the last day of the week, and when he said "next week" meant the week we are in right now?

Either way he's announcing "soon".

mhuff

October 14, 2014, 07:22:36 pm #27 Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 08:59:41 pm by mhuff
Quote from: -Blu on October 14, 2014, 02:00:35 pm
I just read an article from Brad Winton on Sunday and Winton said Dime told him he's making his decision sometime next week.  Not trying to throw any salt in RD's game, but did he maybe misread the week, or did Winton figure Sunday was the last day of the week, and when he said "next week" meant the week we are in right now?

Either way he's announcing "soon".

I take it as Sunday being the first day of the week..... So RD is saying in the next seven days.... Like you said, "soon". Actually, next week would be after this coming Saturday.

Polecat

If he doesn't announce this week, that would just be weak
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Hawg Red

Announcement Monday afternoon, per Brad Winton.

Final 4: Iowa State, Arkansas, Washington, Rutgers

The Hogfather

I think it will be Iowa State.  I will be very pleasantly surprised if he chooses Arkansas.  I would love to have him on our team.

The_Iceman

Dudley E. Dawson ‏@Dedsports 6m6 minutes ago

Indian Hills center Malik Dime (6-10, 220) - a Razorback hoops recruiting target - just texted to say he'll announce his decision on Monday.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: The Hogfather on October 17, 2014, 02:55:08 pm
I think it will be Iowa State.  I will be very pleasantly surprised if he chooses Arkansas.  I would love to have him on our team.

That's my guess as well.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

-Blu

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 17, 2014, 01:59:31 pm
Announcement Monday afternoon, per Brad Winton.

Final 4: Iowa State, Arkansas, Washington, Rutgers

Thanks for update.  Hope he calls the Hogs.

Dominicanhog

would be a great pick up... to fill what's probably going to be some holes.

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

lefty08

According to Eric bossi on Twitter he expects it to be either Iowa st or Washington. Says hoiberg  is Watching him play today. Doesn't sound promising for us
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

lefty08

Bossi did some more checking and told me Arkansas is still in the running. Nobody seems to have any idea at this point. So I guess there is still a maybe
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

-Blu

Quote from: lefty08 on October 19, 2014, 02:02:51 pm
Bossi did some more checking and told me Arkansas is still in the running. Nobody seems to have any idea at this point. So I guess there is still a maybe

Thanks for the news on those tweets, always good to hear what analyst are saying.

I've been trying to dig around myself and I don't think anybody knows.  Dudley said he talked to his coach, and his coach said if anybody is predicting where he's going, all they are doing is guessing.  I don't think we're going to get any leaks or be able to connect any dots on his decision.  Only thing he's really given us is, he said Arkansas was his best visit.  So we will see what happens.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: -Blu on October 19, 2014, 04:27:38 pm
Thanks for the news on those tweets, always good to hear what analyst are saying.

I've been trying to dig around myself and I don't think anybody knows.  Dudley said he talked to his coach, and his coach said if anybody is predicting where he's going, all they are doing is guessing.  I don't think we're going to get any leaks or be able to connect any dots on his decision.  Only thing he's really given us is, he said Arkansas was his best visit.  So we will see what happens.

Hoping for some good news tomorrow. I wonder if we can catch the decision live on the Internet?

Razorod

Gotta figure ISU is the likely choice, but holding out hope here.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Porked Tongue

I was asked through PM's if I knew something about our chances on this one. I sometimes have the scoop but his time I truly don't know.

outlawhogeywells

jbcarol

Seattle Times: Malik Dime, a 6-10, 220-pound forward center at Indian Hills Community College in Iowa, is expected to announce his college choice Monday. He's considering Iowa State, Rutgers, Arkansas and Washington.

Quote"All four schools that have been involved in his recruitment have done a fantastic job," said Indian Hills coach John Wardenburg. "And I know why, because he's a special young man who keeps getting better and better every day – both on the floor and off the floor. He's very conscience about life and his school work. And on the basketball floor, he works really hard. He's gotten better every year."

Dime averaged 7.7 points and 4.2 rebounds in 30 games last season alongside Quevyn Winters, who begins his first year at Washington this season. Dime shot 65.3 from the field and 55.6 on free throws.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on October 20, 2014, 10:18:17 am
What time today is he announcing

2pm is when its supposed to be announced, though a couple media personalities associated with Iowa State say its down to Iowa State and Washington, with one (Williams) believing that Washington will be the choice.

https://twitter.com/ChrisMWilliams/status/524215108453400577

http://clonesconfidential.com/2014/10/17/iowa-state-mens-basketball-recruiting-4-star-prospect-malik-dime-make-decision-monday/
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

The_Iceman

I would love to get Malik Dime, but I think we really need more of a PF type forward than a Center type forward (for those who only believe Mike has Guards and Fowards). Dime, Moses, and Trey really are all more inside guys, and we are likely to lose our outside forward next year (Portis).

Johnboy

I apologize if this has already been answered.  I must have missed it if so....

What would he see in Washington?

Music City Hog

@GoodmanESPN: Washington expected to pick up commitment from 6-9 big man Malik Dime from Indian Hills, source told ESPN. Visited Iowa St., Ark, Rutgers.

GalaHawg

First Tenpenny, now Dime... Next, we are going to miss on a guy named Doublenickel.