Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm hearing more hog fans use the "woo pig" and "go hogs" greeting at games...

Started by Cardinal Browne, September 29, 2014, 07:24:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Browne

I like it, it feels like our better version of "roll tide" or "war eagle"... I think it something that should continue to grow in its use between hog fans  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Hogfan1660

That's been going on for years but I guess everyone else is catching on to it. I love being out of state and wearing my Razorback hat then hear a complete stranger say Go Hogs!!!

Mike Irwin

It's what Hog fans do when they greet each other. It's been that way as long as I've covered the team and probably many years before that.

RazorbackRon

I was on a hike in CO this summer and passed another Hog fan going the other direction.  Woo Pig and smiles were exchanged.   Whenever, I'm out of state and see another Hog fan, it's always Woo Pig.
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

Cale

Living in Chicago, I've had a few Woo Pigs! Thrown my way. Feels good like a little slice of home.
Quote from: jst01 on January 06, 2018, 06:00:42 pm<br />Maybe we are a baseball school <br />

rljjr

Quote from: Cale on September 29, 2014, 07:35:47 pm
Living in Chicago, I've had a few Woo Pigs! Thrown my way. Feels good like a little slice of home.

Woo Pig, Chicago.

McKdaddy

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 29, 2014, 07:30:26 pm
It's what Hog fans do when they greet each other. It's been that way as long as I've covered the team and probably many years before that.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

The Hogfather

SemperFi

My best Go Hogs moment was in the Broken Arrow (Oklahoma) Walmart where I got a, "Go Hogs" by two little old ladies. You really don't see fans of other teams going out of their way to acknowledge one another like Hog fans do. It's always been really cool to me when I can throw out a WOO PIG or Go Hogs to fellow fans.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

hobhog

Ray Piggers

I'm basically Darkwing Duck

Boardon Hamsay

I ran into and exchanged a "Go Hogs" with a fellow Hog fan while waiting for a connecting flight in Brisbane, Australia earlier this month. A few days later, I was driving through a little town southeast of Auckland, New Zealand called Pukekohe when I ran into another familiar friend, Razorback Road.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

redeye

It may just be me, but it seems like everyone used to either say Go Hogs or Go Hogs Go (GHG)  Then a few years back, it seemed like Woo Pig had replaced Go Hogs Go for a while, but it seems to be back today.  I'd never heard Woo Pig used as a greeting until that time.

edmo

I've always replied with "Pig Suiee", to a "Go Hogs", "WooPig" or what ever...

MissippHog

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 29, 2014, 09:33:57 pm
I'm a Woo Pig guy myself
I live just outside of Memphis and most Hog fans I run into around here exchange a "Go Hogs."

Pathogen

Yes, these two brand new phrases being used so often now can only mean that we are on the verge of a national championship.

ImHogginIt

Mike_e

I've always liked Who Pig, it gives the other person the opportunity to make a statement.
Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!