Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mack Brown???

Started by husker71, September 29, 2014, 07:12:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

husker71

to  SMU????    just a rumor on SI.com  but why not if he still wants to coach  be hard for SMU to find a bigger name and hard for Brown to find a job that wants him at his (and mine) age

Wild Bill Hog

SMU should run from this as fast as they can.  With all the resources ut had, he couldn't win there.  Why would he suddenly become great at SMU?

go hogues

Mack Brown and Larry Brown. Has a nice ring to it.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

onebadrubi

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on September 29, 2014, 07:32:56 pm
SMU should run from this as fast as they can.  With all the resources ut had, he couldn't win there.  Why would he suddenly become great at SMU?

As poor as brown did at UT, neither have anything to lose here

BPsTheMan

he won a national championship

not sure I'd call that not-winning

rickm1976

He did win there, including a National Championship.  Only the past 2 or 3 years were bad.  I think his winning percentage at TX was over 70%.

The Boar War

Depending on his long term goals it could be a good hire for SMU.  Many of the coaches in Texas high school football got used to the back slapping and glad handing from Mack.  They aren't too happy with the business like approach Strong is taking.  If they could pair him with a popular high school coach from the area they could make a serious run at some real talent

You make Chad Morris say no a few times but Mack would be a good hire.

husker71

bring him in with some young assts like they did with Larry Brown.  Let them have a coach in waiting like the basketball Brown.  I kind of like the idea.

rljjr

HOGINTENNESSEE

It would really help their recruiting

outlawhogeywells

will geritol be part of the compensation package

Murr

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on September 29, 2014, 07:42:00 pm
he won a national championship

not sure I'd call that not-winning

VY.  He won with VY and did nothing else.  Heck, Urban Meyer did the same exact thing in Florida with Tebow and had to fake health problems to avoid getting fired eventually.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Can't see Mack Brown going to SMU to coach after being at Texas that many years.  What a demotion.  Surely he doesn't need the money.  He was making over 5 million a year as the Texas coach.....& he is still employed by UT, & doing some TV.  He & his whole family including grandkids....are probably set up for life already.  You would think he wouldn't want the headaches that the SMU job would bring....plus the long hours. 
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

clutch

Quote from: Murr on September 29, 2014, 09:01:54 pm
VY.  He won with VY and did nothing else.  Heck, Urban Meyer did the same exact thing in Florida with Tebow and had to fake health problems to avoid getting fired eventually.

Urban wasn't close to getting fired. He won a NC before Tebow too. He probably bent the recruiting rules to do it, but the guy is a heck of a coach still. He's won a lot of football games everywhere he's been. Shady, yes. The man can coach though.