Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Network just..

Started by Großer Kriegschwein, September 29, 2014, 06:26:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Großer Kriegschwein

said that aTm is only two penalties better than us this year.
This is my non-signature signature.

Science Fiction Greg

In that game.  I think overall Arkansas is a better team and would win that game more often than not.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

The Hogfather

I truly think we were the better overall team. 

Danny J

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 29, 2014, 06:34:59 pm
And if you polled the people who watched that game and are unbiased I bet they would say the same thing.

redeye

And we had fewer penalties then A&M.  They just got away with the big ones, while we didn't.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 29, 2014, 06:26:34 pm
said that aTm is only two penalties better than us this year.
For once in their life the Sec network is right. we lost. but Arkansas was the best football team in this game.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 29, 2014, 07:03:52 pm
For once in their life the Sec network is right. we lost. but Arkansas was the best football team in this game.

Dari keeps em on the straight and narrow typically. He's obviously very pro-SEC and a good Hog team is VERY good for the SEC.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 29, 2014, 07:08:12 pm
Dari keeps em on the straight and narrow typically. He's obviously very pro-SEC and a good Hog team is VERY good for the SEC.
Got to play a clean game with no mistakes. if the Hogs can clean that up, we can beat anyone. i have not seen a great team this year in college football. there are some good ones who are better than us. but none so better that we can't beat. but we must [lay a clean game.

HF#1

Put that Pope guy or Seals Jones on our team and we are a national title contender.  Firmly believe that.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Großer Kriegschwein

Next year with this OL class we should be deep enough to beat up on most everyone we play. Just need more quality DBs in this class. Toliver is gonna be real good.

JansterZ71

September 29, 2014, 08:13:35 pm #10 Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 08:50:24 am by JansterZ71
How many passes did A&M drop?  Honest question due to the fact A&M fans feel without those drops they would have been on cruise control.
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

HF#1

In the end, turned out to be a very even matchup.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HF#1

Quote from: JansterZ71 on September 29, 2014, 08:18:03 pm
It was an even game with A&M winning the stats.  It's a 4 quarter game which I heard Arky won the first three quarters. Here's the stats.

Arkansas won 55 minutes of a 60 minute game.  It took A&M 21 points in 5 minutes plus an OT session to win. 

Fact is, Arkansas dominated most of the game, made mistakes in critical situations, and A&M capitalized on those mistakes to win.

PorkerOinker

Quote from: JansterZ71 on September 29, 2014, 08:13:35 pm
How many passes did A&M drop?  Honest question do to the fact A&M fans feel without those drops they would have been on cruise control.

Our offense dominated their defense the first 3 1/2 quarters. And their offense bailed out our defense with several dropped passes in the first half 2-3 which would have went for TD's.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

Sed76

Anyone who refers to the team as "Arky" should be banned immediately.

ricepig

Quote from: Sed76 on September 29, 2014, 08:46:01 pm

Yep, not a 30 day ban, but a permanent one.

The_Iceman

a&m can make up for mistakes. We can't. We need to play near flawless in terms of penalties and turnovers. If we can bring in a QB and WR's that can allow us go throw it when we need to, then we can make up for games where we have a costly mistake or two.

Murr

How many passes did A&M drop?  Honest question do to the fact A&M fans feel without those drops they would have been on cruise control.

A&M dropped two touchdown opportunities (dropped pass down the middle and that long ball where the WR fell down catching the pass) and Arkansas blew two touchdown too (holding and tripping penalties)

AugustaHog

Let's not forget the 2 dropped snaps that killed promising drives.  We screwed ourselves out of tons of points.  Even if the ags had not screwed the pooch those couple plays, if we played clean we win.  You can't beat yourself.

Hoggish1

I'm loving the SEC network so far.  The Finebaum show is a stitch and the replays are great. It appears there will be no more pay per view garbage, so all's good.

Can the SEC Network do anything about junk officiating?  If so my joy would be complete.

OTTER

Quote from: JansterZ71 on September 29, 2014, 08:18:03 pm
It was an even game with A&M winning the stats.  It's a 4 quarter game which I heard Arky won the first three quarters. Here's the stats.

Pack up your toys and go home.  You do not belong here.  And do not use the term "Arky" again, little boy.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

ballz2thewall

Quote from: Sed76 on September 29, 2014, 08:46:01 pm

agreed.  pull his hair first, just to hear him scream.
The rest of the frog.

bphi11ips

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 29, 2014, 06:34:59 pm

Glad some finally agree with me.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Russ22

Quote from: HF#1 on September 29, 2014, 07:13:38 pm
Put that Pope guy or Seals Jones on our team and we are a national title contender.  Firmly believe that.
You know you picked the fourth or fifth best receivers on the A&M team.
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

KCHOGFAN

Quote from: ricepig on September 29, 2014, 08:48:57 pm
Yep, not a 30 day ban, but a permanent one.
Couldn't agree more. 

Großer Kriegschwein

How many passes did A&M drop?  Honest question due to the fact A&M fans feel without those drops they would have been on cruise control.

Timing and connection could have been off. Receivers drop passes all the time. Otherwise Hill would have connected on 90% of his passes probably. Just part of the game. Same as if we didn't get penalties at bad times or didn't run the Derby reverse....

GolfnHog

My phone was blown up after the game from texts from many Aggies I worked with through the years. Collectively, each of them knew they got the bejeesus scared out of them and they aren't looking forward to the future w/ us.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Youngsta71701

Lets not forget about Alex Collins dropping the pitch on that toss sweep. That didn't help either.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

hogsanity

Quote from: Russ22 on September 30, 2014, 09:01:05 am
You know you picked the fourth or fifth best receivers on the A&M team.

Well then the Hogs D gave up 151 yards and 2 tds to the 4th or 5th best receiver from A&M.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE