Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shotgun Run Game

Started by whippersnapper, September 29, 2014, 03:08:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

whippersnapper

Outside of BA scrambles have we ran the ball out of shotgun yet this year? Pretty easy tendency for the defense if all we do is pass from it. I'm not a spread guy fan but it wouldn't be that hard for us to run inside zone especially with the line we have. And at least keep the defense honest.

ricepig

Quote from: whippersnapper on September 29, 2014, 03:08:03 pm
Outside of BA scrambles have we ran the ball out of shotgun yet this year? Pretty easy tendency for the defense if all we do is pass from it. I'm not a spread guy fan but it wouldn't be that hard for us to run inside zone especially with the line we have. And at least keep the defense honest.

Yep, a few draws.

Fayettechill14

We ran an iso against Texas Tech in the second quarter (the play when Skipper threw his guy down) from shotgun, and a draw on Saturday.

whippersnapper

Thanks I thought maybe we had a few draws but I just couldn't remember for sure.

The_Iceman

We really need to run more draws out of the shotgun. It becomes too predictable when BA goes back to pass. If we mixed more in, it would keep the defense honest and open up passing lanes.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 29, 2014, 03:30:33 pm
We really need to run more draws out of the shotgun. It becomes too predictable when BA goes back to pass. If we mixed more in, it would keep the defense honest and open up passing lanes.

I've been saying that since last year. Almost every time we get in the shotgun were going to pass the ball. We need to throw in a draw every once in a while.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"