Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

hypothetical question from Saturday

Started by HoustonwehaveaProblem, September 29, 2014, 12:24:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HoustonwehaveaProblem

Did anyone else think that if we were to have scored in OT we might have gone for 2? As soon as aTm scored on their first play it seemed to me that they had figured something out about our D, by scoring TD's on 3 of their last 4 drives.

I personally was hoping we would score and go for 2, based on a few things:
1, Henson just shanked his only FG attempt,
2, Our offense is tailor made for 3 yard plays based on how well we run it and also can play action.,
3, If you were to ask me pre-game if I would have taken an opportunity to win the game based on a 2 point conversion in OT I would have said Yes without a doubt., 
4, difficult to question a coach for gambling on a play that would end a 13 game SEC losing streak and also beat a top 6 team

Mulberry Squeezins

Not sure, with nothing to lose might not have been a bad move.   

PonderinHog

The two point conversion requirement gets there soon enough.  JMO

Dr. Starcs

Said the same thing. Was fully expecting CBB to go for 2 had we scored. And was hoping he would.

Hogarusa

No, live to fight another OT.  Theres no concern about missing an extra point.  We lost on a 4th and 2 play
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Youngsta71701

Did anyone else notice the false start before the play Texas A&M scored on in OT?
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Hogarusa

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 29, 2014, 03:36:34 pm
Did anyone else notice the false start before the play Texas A&M scored on in OT?

I believe there is even a thread about it
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Mao Tse-tusk on September 29, 2014, 12:24:51 pm
Did anyone else think that if we were to have scored in OT we might have gone for 2? As soon as aTm scored on their first play it seemed to me that they had figured something out about our D, by scoring TD's on 3 of their last 4 drives.

I personally was hoping we would score and go for 2, based on a few things:
1, Henson just shanked his only FG attempt,
2, Our offense is tailor made for 3 yard plays based on how well we run it and also can play action.,
3, If you were to ask me pre-game if I would have taken an opportunity to win the game based on a 2 point conversion in OT I would have said Yes without a doubt., 
4, difficult to question a coach for gambling on a play that would end a 13 game SEC losing streak and also beat a top 6 team

One of my first thoughts when it went to OT.  Not that I would have been for or against it.  But I could BB see trying it or faking the PAT. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

DLUXHOG

"If ifs and buts were candy & nuts... Oh, what a merry Christmas we'd have."
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)