Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alabama Game

Started by PigBrother, September 29, 2014, 11:24:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PigBrother

Despite Saturday's collapse, I still like our chances against Alabama in Fayetteville.  What do you think?  Close loss, close win, 2-3 quarters of championship football, huge loss?

TheGreatHogsby

Marginal loss. It will be closer than the previous 2 years though.

memphishog

i am as interested in the crowd and atmosphere as much as the game. i found this chart published by AT&T very interesting...

Top 5 Collegiate Venues by Total Mobile Data (9/18-9/20)
#1: Fayetteville, AR – 669GB – Equivalent to more than 1.9 million social media post with photos

Is everyone on FB or watching the game? Alabama is second in data used but its not even a close second.

[attachment deleted by admin]

memphishog

actually this is probably hogville traffic! hahahaha

Calling All Hogs

It is our best shot at Bama since 2010.

LRHawg

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on September 29, 2014, 11:35:03 am
It is our best shot at Bama since 2010.

This.
A. Cooper will get his, I'm sure, but like A&M, I can see us in it in the 4th. Like the A&M game, a lack of depth may prove to be the factor.

Getting beat in the 4th quarter is blamed on here by some for everything but the real culprit: our tired 1st team players vs less-tired 1st team players on the opponents side. I typically hate Vern/Danielson commentating, but I felt that did a fair job Saturday. They pointed out how much rotation A&M were able to do in the second half and it showed in our last few possesions at the end of the game and into OT. Should we have put them away? Yes. but we didn't, and then had to depend on tired players to close out and we failed to do so. The future looks bright.

The Kig

September 29, 2014, 11:51:27 am #6 Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 12:57:07 pm by The Kig
My daughter goes to Bama, so have been down for a couple of games.  They aren't the same team they have been in the past few years.  That's good and bad....

Defense, especially at CB is not up to par with a typical Saban D.  It isn't even a function of playing pass happy teams like W VA. They don't turn their heads well to find the ball.  D line and LB play is solid.

As much as I despise Lame Kitten, his impact on the offense is undeniable. Sims shredded Florida's D for over 400.  If he hadn't gone to the locker room after getting banged up, he would easily have the top QB passing yards game instead of #2.  Coker is not going to replace Sims this year.  Better arm but bad decisions show why he never played at FSU.  RB play is as advertised, which is what makes Sims development as a passing threat worrisome.

They will definitely stack the box to force BA to prove he can beat them with his arm.  With the right gamelan, we can.  Play action and force the CB's to make plays where they have to find the ball (fades, outs, deep) will yield conversions or penalties. If we are planning to pound the rock, we better have a steady rotation of OL or fatigue will be a factor.

The team we saw this weekend, minus some miscues and predictable play calls can win this game. Monumental task, but it is there. 
Poker Porker

code red

Sims is a very underrated QB.  Our secondary will be very susceptible to the PAP.  I look for it to be close at half time and then they blow us up in the second half.  Love him or hate him Kiffin is a heck of a offensive coordinator.  35-14 Bama.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Mike_e

IF, If we can get the subs more up to speed we might actually have a chance.

I didn't hear why we had the second string center in during the fourth quarter.  Those center to QB flubs literally killed us.

Regardless, if we do what we do and get it right each play there's no stopping us.
Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

The Kig

Quote from: Mike_e on September 29, 2014, 12:11:39 pm
IF, If we can get the subs more up to speed we might actually have a chance.

I didn't hear why we had the second string center in during the fourth quarter.  Those center to QB flubs literally killed us.

Regardless, if we do what we do and get it right each play there's no stopping us.

Yeah, that was odd... It isn't even a function of him being a Freshman in my mind.  There is a rhythm that develops between the Center and QB... even if the switch was made to an All-SEC Center, it would still take a bit of time to get a "feel" for things.  A&M lined up a more traditional nose tackle, so it may have been fatigue... which was evident in other areas on the OL in the 4th quarter.   
Poker Porker

panchodeana

You guys realize that Alabama has scored 111 unanswered points on us, right?

111!!!

rwspear

we lose by 3.5 TDs, if we play well

010HogFan

Florida nearly lost to Kentucky.

Alabama struggled to pull away from Florida.

We are the most physical team in the SEC.

We can beat Alabama.

The Hogfather

Everyone is conceding this game.  I think we should have a shot to win it.

Hogwild

Quote from: 010HogFan on September 29, 2014, 01:44:07 pm

Bama dominated Florida, Bama had almost 700 yards of offense, I doubt Florida got to 200.  Florida got two scores on turnovers early, the game could have easily been 35-0 at half if not for the turnovers.

GolfnHog

Quote from: panchodeana on September 29, 2014, 01:09:16 pm
You guys realize that Alabama has scored 111 unanswered points on us, right?

111!!!

Damn, I thought it was only 104!
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

HogScoutMaster

I think we beat Bama.

"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

HogScoutMaster

Quote from: memphishog on September 29, 2014, 11:31:14 am
i am as interested in the crowd and atmosphere as much as the game. i found this chart published by AT&T very interesting...

#1: Fayetteville, AR – 669GB – Equivalent to more than 1.9 million social media post with photos

Is everyone on FB or watching the game? Alabama is second in data used but its not even a close second.

thats only because there isnt anything interesting going on on the field
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

Mulberry Squeezins

If Bama has to use their secondary in run support, we'll be in the game.  If not, it will be another blow out.  They simply have too much depth. 

GolfnHog

Quote from: memphishog on September 29, 2014, 11:31:14 am

No telling what the data #'s would be if Verizon customers could use their phones effectively in RRS!
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Please stop predicting wins!  Learn to be humble!  It's like reading tweets of players before games who always predict wins.  6-11 overall under BB.  That's 35%.  0-10 in SEC games under BB... ZERO %.

Why on earth do people actually believe that we'll beat Alabama?  Why is everyone on crack?

dc10x1103

Quote from: 010HogFan on September 29, 2014, 01:44:07 pm

We are the most physical team in the SEC.

We can beat Alabama.
no way

Pigstie

The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

Donny2665

Quote from: GolfnHog on September 29, 2014, 01:57:52 pm
Damn, I thought it was only 104!

At this point, what does 7 points matter, lol.
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

booogaga

Can you imagine the attendance numbers had we beaten AtM last weekend.
GO HOGS!

flippinhogmana

How can a team with the motto "Never Yield" concede anything to anybody?  I thought we'd beat A&M, and we should have.  I think we can beat bama.  Will we? Probably not.  But I give us a whole lot better shot that many do.  If we do beat Bama, we go on a roll.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: booogaga on September 29, 2014, 02:46:45 pm
Can you imagine the attendance numbers had we beaten AtM last weekend.

Warning: Temporary thread high jack.

What's up Booog whatcha got on tap for Saturday?

Oh and to the OP I think we've got a better than average shot if we play good sound football and don't beat ourselves.

Even at that it'd be close but I think we can pull it off, gonna take our best game though.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

booogaga

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on September 29, 2014, 02:58:27 pm
Warning: Temporary thread high jack.

What's up Booog whatcha got on tap for Saturday?

Oh and to the OP I think we've got a better than average shot if we play good sound football and don't beat ourselves.

Even at that it'd be close but I think we can pull it off but it's gonna take our best game.
Brewed a Dunkle. Going to be wonderful.
GO HOGS!

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: booogaga on September 29, 2014, 03:00:03 pm
Brewed a Dunkle. Going to be wonderful.

Sweet man sounds tasty!

I've got a centennial blonde and black IPA on right now and am planning to brew up a pumpkin stout next week hopefully.

How's the water thing going?

I know last time we talked you and your partner were trying to get it set up to match water in different parts around the world.

Hogdomer

Quote from: The Kig on September 29, 2014, 12:48:29 pm
Yeah, that was odd... It isn't even a function of him being a Freshman in my mind.  There is a rhythm that develops between the Center and QB... even if the switch was made to an All-SEC Center, it would still take a bit of time to get a "feel" for things.  A&M lined up a more traditional nose tackle, so it may have been fatigue... which was evident in other areas on the OL in the 4th quarter.   

We also fumbled one in the first quarter with smothers.

010HogFan

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: Hogdomer on September 29, 2014, 03:07:26 pm
We also fumbled one in the first quarter with smothers.

Both fumbled snaps were huge. 

Gotta clean that up before bama for sure.

Hoggish1

Big win. Hogs finally finish.  They are mad and hungry and will play 4 quarters.