Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The toughest games on the schedule are behind us..

Started by duck slayer, September 29, 2014, 10:07:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

duck slayer

September 29, 2014, 10:07:22 am Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 10:57:06 am by duck slayer
Bama is by no means is an easier game than AU or TAM, but it is home and after a bye week, so I do think that is more winnable than taking on AU on the road with a year to prepare.  We only have two conference road games remaining @ State and @ MO.

The question is will this young team realize that they were up on a top 5 team by 3 scores (before the tripping) or did this blow to the gut leave them questioning whether they can win the 4th quarter against quality teams. 

I think these kids are winners and will take option #1.  I also think that they think they have something to prove now.  This isn't about bowl eligibility anymore.  If so, we may even win out.

Hogwild

Sorry but I disagree, the next 6 games included 5 games against teams ranked in the Top15. 

Of the 15 best teams in the nation over the next 6 weeks we play 1/3 of them. Any of those 5 teams could be as good or better than the two best teams we have already faced, and all 5 are better than Texas Tech, Nichollas State, & North Ill.

go hogues

Playing AU and A&M was the toughest?!?

Have you looked at our remaining schedule and the teams we're playing? We found out this weekend that A&M is NOT the 6th best team in the country and we still have games with three SECW title contenders (2 of the three will have their way with A&M) and two SECE contenders.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

hogsanity

The teams are tough, but the offensive matchups with our D may be more favorable than were Auburn and A&M.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

duck slayer

Quote from: Hogwild on September 29, 2014, 10:17:36 am
Sorry but I disagree, the next 6 games included 5 games against teams ranked in the Top15. 

Of the 15 best teams in the nation over the next 6 weeks we play 1/3 of them. Any of those 5 teams could be as good or better than the two best teams we have already faced, and all 5 are better than Texas Tech, Nichollas State, & North Ill.
Modified the subject.  I meant the toughest games from an on the road and style perspective.  Our schedule is brutal, but at least they're coming here for a while.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: duck slayer on September 29, 2014, 10:07:22 am

Bama is by no means is an easier game than AU or TAM, but it is home and after a bye week, so I do think that is more winnable than taking on AU on the road with a year to prepare.  We only have two conference road games remaining @ State and @ MO.

The question is will this young team realize that they were up on a top 5 team by 3 scores (before the tripping) or did this blow to the gut leave them questioning whether they can win the 4th quarter against quality teams. 

I think these kids are winners and will take option #1.  I also think that they think they have something to prove now.  This isn't about bowl eligibility anymore.  If so, we may even win out.

Believe you better check our remaining schedule again, it's not exactly a cake walk.   We have already won 3 games, if we can win another 3 or more in the regular season, it will be a success & a bowl year.  Disagree about it not being about bowl eligibility.....it is.   Hard to talk about...."winning out"...as you mention, until we are able to win our first SEC game since 2012.  4 more wins would be a really good year with this team & schedule.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

LJHOG

Toughest games behinds us!!  That's a joke right??  Very good chance we lose to Alabama, Georgia, MSU and LSU.

HF#1

Alabama and Georgia are every bit as tough as Auburn and A&M. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Wants2Win

I don't think A&M will be a top 5 team at the end of the year.