Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Revised conference predictions for the Hogs

Started by popcornhog, September 29, 2014, 09:47:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your prediction after 2 conference games?

0-8
10 (4.9%)
1-7
23 (11.3%)
2-6
57 (28.1%)
3-5
61 (30%)
4-4
41 (20.2%)
5-3
7 (3.4%)
6-2
4 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 202

popcornhog

Also -- what was your preseason prediction?

Preseason for me was 2-6 (6-6)

Now I'm predicting 3-5 (7-5)

At this point I wouldn't be shocked with 4+ wins. I think we should be competitive in every game that we play to our potential.

Wins: Mizzou, LSU, and split with the Mississippi schools.
WPS

secfan30

I was 2-6 as well. 3-5 now with a strong possibility of 4-4.

go hogues

Knowing what we know THIS week, (could change drastically once league play is actually in full swing) I think our greatest chances for league wins would be LSU and Mizzou.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Poker_hog

4-4 is crazy talk.  We're probably still an underdog in all of our sec games.  I think the over under is still 2.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

PorkRinds

I say we win 3 SEC games.  Three out of Missouri, LSU, Ole Miss, Georgia, MSU.  Likely Ole Miss, Mizzou, and LSU. 

revolution

I thought we might win 2 before the season started, and I'm still thinking that.  I see us losing to Bama and UGA and picking up two between Ole Miss, Miss. St., LSU and Mizzou. 

Most likely are the home games - Ole Miss and LSU, after that Mizzou.  Miss. St. looks least likely of last four conference games.  But maybe they'll come down from their perch by the time we play them and fortunes will tilt in our favor.

GuvHog

Quote from: Poker_hog on September 29, 2014, 09:56:57 am
4-4 is crazy talk.  We're probably still an underdog in all of our sec games.  I think the over under is still 2.

I disagree. If they keep playing as well as they did yesterday and learn how to put opponents away, A 5-3 conference finish is very possible.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

popcornhog

Well it was zero when the season started.

I suspect we'll be favored at Mizzou thoug and maybe against LSU at home. But you're right -- underdogs in the rest of them in all likelihood.
WPS

Boardon Hamsay

I'm still at my preseason expectations of 6-6 (2-6). I think we beat UAB, LSU, and Missouri to get there. That has been my expectation since the season started and I don't really see that changing because my expectations are based on what we realistically were on paper, prior to the season starting. 6-6 is what I expect for this particular season to be considered a success.

Prior to the season starting, my "optimistic ceiling" was around 6-6 as well.  My "optimistic ceiling" has increased nicely this season, even after the aTm game. I am much more optimistic about the Bama game. I am much more optimistic about the Georgia game. I am much more optimistic about the Ole Miss and MSU games as well.  6-6 is what I expected. 6-6 and a bowl game will be a successful season to me this year but I also have a lot more hope towards those expectations being  exceeded.  May sound odd but that's how I separate my expectations from my hopes.

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

TheGreatHogsby

2-6. Ole Miss and Mizzou.6-6 overall. :razorback:

popcornhog

4-4 would be an absolute overachievement but not impossible.

LSU and Mizzou look like wins.

We could get two more wins among the MS schools and UGA.
WPS

GuvHog

Quote from: popcornhog on September 29, 2014, 10:55:55 am

IMHO the only game left that is not winnable is Bama.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Huckleberry Pig

i think we will have a chance in all of our remaining games.  Georgia struggled at home against a young, inexperienced Tennessee team.  Georgia is very one dimensional and their D is not very good.  I really think we can beat them. 

I still think 2-6 is a possibility, would love to see us at 3-5.

Most importantly though, I wanted to see improvement from us this year and I've already seen more than I expected.  This is a year i'm still not as focused on Ws and Ls as I am seeing our team get better.  Again, they have already gone above and beyond that.  We are competitive again and it feels great.

GolfnHog

I have stood pat on the 2-6 prediction but the pendalum could swing the right way for 1 more. It looks like LSU may have found a QB this past weekend and OM still has the bi-polar Bo at the helm. Which one shows up for the Hogs?

Mizzou pulled an A&M to get out of SC but they are very suspect against the run; bodes well for the Hogs.

GA is one dimensional; stop Gurley you stop GA. Tall task but not insurmountable being the game is in the Rock. If the "majic" of LR is to be believed, it better show up that weekend.

The Hogs just have to get over that final hump of being able to close out games and the corner will have been turned.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

TheGreatHogsby

Quote from: GolfnHog on September 29, 2014, 11:15:10 am
I have stood pat on the 2-6 prediction but the pendalum could swing the right way for 1 more. It looks like LSU may have found a QB this past weekend and OM still has the bi-polar Bo at the helm. Which one shows up for the Hogs?

Mizzou pulled an A&M to get out of SC but they are very suspect against the run; bodes well for the Hogs.

GA is one dimensional; stop Gurley you stop GA. Tall task but not insurmountable being the game is in the Rock. If the "majic" of LR is to be believed, it better show up that weekend.

The Hogs just have to get over that final hump of being able to close out games and the corner will have been turned.

That Majic You talk about is gone. ULM ended it.

Ragnar Hogbrok

I can see 3-5.  I really think we whoop GA.  I also think we beat MO and one of the MS schools.  I'm hoping we beat LSU for the 4th win.  If we go 4-4 in SEC play, that would be beyond my wildest expectations at the beginning of the year.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Ragnar Hogbrok

What is "Majic?"

Magic, perhaps?  Anyways, I think we beat GA in LR.  If the game was in Fayetteville...I think we beat GA.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.

Poker_hog

Quote from: GuvHog on September 29, 2014, 10:42:00 am
I disagree. If they keep playing as well as they did yesterday and learn how to put opponents away, A 5-3 conference finish is very possible.

A 5-1 finish???  No way José.

Poker_hog

Quote from: popcornhog on September 29, 2014, 10:55:55 am

Lsu and mizzou look like toss ups, not wins.  I think we'll win one of those games and one more.  We could overachieve and get 3 but that's asking a lot.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: TheGreatHogsby on September 29, 2014, 11:35:18 am
You tell Me. You spelled it that way LOL. No way we beat Georgia.

Nope.  Wasn't me.  I was spelling it the way you two spelled it.  I guess you were making fun of him, and I was making fun of you both.  Anyways, it's not important.  What is important is that the Hogs get better and win some conference games. 

And, yes, I totally believe we beat GA.  They have Gurly and not much else.  And Richt will screw it up.

gmarv

I though we would win 1 of the next 3 I still do. I think we can beat ga. and then get at least 2 more somewhere out of whats left.

intelligence

4-4. maybe we are able to lose to Ole Miss and Alabama because of their run defense, but i think we can beat Ms State LSU, Georgia and Mizzou

Locutus_of_Boar

The 2014 Arkansas Razorbacks may be unique.  I don't think there has ever been an SEC team on a 14 game losing streak that at the same time looks like its about to explode rather than implode.

The fact is that, perhaps placekicking aside, most of the mistakes we saw Saturday are correctable this year.  Even changing a few of these would have swung an OT loss to a dominating victory over a presumably top 10 team.  Maybe Bama aside, no other team on the schedule is substantially better than the two Arkansas has already faced.

57 years ago freshman head coach Frank Broyles' Mizzou Tigers almost had Bud Wilkerson's #1 Sooners beat only to have the game slip away late and become the 47th and final victim of the longest winning streak in college football history.  The guess here is that Nick Saban's #1 Alabama team will become a footnote in the history of Bret Bielema's Arkansas program as either the end of one streak or the beginning of another.

5-3 and some of those won't even be close.

TexArkHogFan

There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

TxArky

Quote from: revolution on September 29, 2014, 10:10:05 am
I thought we might win 2 before the season started, and I'm still thinking that.  I see us losing to Bama and UGA and picking up two between Ole Miss, Miss. St., LSU and Mizzou. 

Most likely are the home games - Ole Miss and LSU, after that Mizzou.  Miss. St. looks least likely of last four conference games.  But maybe they'll come down from their perch by the time we play them and fortunes will tilt in our favor.

Same here.  My main concern is the OL being able to play all 4 quarters.  They haven't shown they can do it in either SEC game.  I'm afraid that big OL may be too big. 

Hogarusa

I was 5-7 (1-7) preseason and i am sticking to it. I have no idea where that win will happen but someone is bound to have a high turnover day against us at some point.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

hogsanity

mine was and still is 6-6.  I thought the most likely path to a bowl was 4-0 ooc games, then split with the miss schools, and split with uga/mizzu. I still feel that way.  LSU game I just can't get a read on.  2012 and 2013 as bad as the Hogs were, both came down to the final minute, and this LSU team is not as good as their 2012 or 2013 teams.

One thing, the terrible matchups of Aub and A&M are behind them. I think they matchup pretty well with UGA and Mizzu.  Whatever IT was that Mizzu had last year, they don't have it this year. And UGA is usually good to lose a game they really shouldn't. Old misses will finish with at least 2 sec losses, MSu is going to be tough in Starkville, but Prescott isn't Hill, and they don't have the weapons at WR that A&M does either. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Bacon_Bitz

Bama is the only game left where I don't expect us to have a chance to win in the fourth quarter.

The Mississippi schools never have and never will intimidate any true Hog fan.  Georgia screams upset, LSU is always a dogfight, Missouri will be trending in the opposite direction (down) of Arkansas by the time they play us.

Let's get through Bama, get a big win at WMS against Georgia, and ride that wave.

Professor Psychosis

Sticking with 2-6.  We're gonna play Alabama and Georgia well and have a chance to win, but I still think our 2 SEC wins will be against the 2 Tiger teams left on the schedule.  We'll find out more about Ole Miss this week too.  That could be a winnable game.