Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

D-Line Depth Looking Forward

Started by HogWildBison2011, September 29, 2014, 03:43:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogWildBison2011

September 29, 2014, 03:43:47 am Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 05:35:08 am by HogWildBison2011
I don't remember having this much depth at the DL in previous years. Let me list off what we are looking at next season. Redshirts have been accounted for

Tevin Beanum DE So
Cordale Boyd DE Jr
Anthony Brown DE So
Jake Hall DE Fr
Demarcus Hodge DT Sr
Bijhon Jackson DT So
Taiwan Johnson DT Jr
Brandon Lewis DE Jr
Mitchell Loewen DE Sr
Ke'tyrus Marks DT So
Grady Ollison DT Sr
Darius Philon DT Jr
Karl Roesler DE So
Jeremy Ward DT Jr
Armon Watts DT Fr
Jamichael Winston DE Jr
Deatrich Wise DE Jr

With the new comers so far being:

Jamario Bell DE Fr 4*
Daytrieon Dean DT Fr 3*
Hjalte Froholdt DT Fr 4*
Jeremiah Ledbetter DT JC/Not sure on how many years left. 3*

This impressed me when I took a moment to check the roster.

Avg DT Height:6'2  Weight: 290    Avg DE Height: 6'4 Weight: 251

The avg weights for DTs are thrown off a bit when you have Johnson at 255 & Philon at 272. But I can't wait to crunch the numbers after the off season. Just a general observation.

(All weights & heights are from http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/sport/m-footbl/roster/#/ and http://arkansas.247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/Commits)

three hog night

This should be the 2 deep rotation next year at DT/Interior Dline:
Darius Philon DT Jr
Demarcus Hodge DT Sr
Bijhon Jackson DT So
Taiwan Johnson DT Jr

Grady Ollison DT Sr- I expect Ollison to get more snaps later this season when he is comfortable again.  We can see how he does in the new defense and he may move up into the 1st tier rotation?

Jeremy Ward DT Jr-  I have not heard much about his progress.
Ke'tyrus Marks DT So
Armon Watts DT Fr
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

three hog night

The DE Rotation is quite good too.

The Defensive Ends are deep:
Bielema like upper classmen starters when possible and it is possible here.  The SEC has jumped into the HUNH offense which INSURES that we will play 3-4 deep since we have the talent to do it:

Jamichael Winston DE Jr
Deatrich Wise DE Jr
Jeremiah Ledbetter DE JC
Brandon Lewis DE Jr
Cordale Boyd DE Jr

Tevin Beanum DE So
Anthony Brown DE So
Mitchell Loewen DE Sr
Jake Hall DE Fr
Karl Roesler DE So

Our good 2015 HS DEs could RS and then be RS FR in 2016 when we have 5 SENIORS.
Jamario Bell DE Fr 4*
Daytrieon Dean DT Fr 3*

The depth chart at DE is full of talent and is being managed into upper classmen that dominate the 2 deep.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 

incHOGnito

Quote from: three hog night on September 29, 2014, 06:35:07 am
This should be the 2 deep rotation next year at DT/Interior Dline:
Darius Philon DT Jr
Demarcus Hodge DT Sr
Bijhon Jackson DT So
Taiwan Johnson DT Jr

Grady Ollison DT Sr- I expect Ollison to get more snaps later this season when he is comfortable again.  We can see how he does in the new defense and he may move up into the 1st tier rotation?

Jeremy Ward DT Jr-  I have not heard much about his progress.
Ke'tyrus Marks DT So
Armon Watts DT Fr

I bet Froholdt finds his way into the rotation early. Not sure of he will stay at DT but he appears to be the real deal.

three hog night

Quote from: incHOGnito on September 29, 2014, 06:52:24 am
I bet Froholdt finds his way into the rotation early. Not sure of he will stay at DT but he appears to be the real deal.

I agree completely but we have enough talent to not waste a FR year.  If I were him, I would want to RS to study the defense, learn to watch film, get stronger, and acclimate to college.  Look at Martrell Spaight- like many guys he played on talent alone his first year, but he studied the game in the off season.  Now he is playing smart WITH his talent.   He looks like a different player.