Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What should we work on this week?

Started by JIHawg, September 28, 2014, 11:57:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JIHawg

It's a bye week, time to fix the broke stuff.  My list.....
1.  Find a field goal kicker
2.  Safeties-find two who can not let anybody get behind them, ever.
3.  Passing game-if the other teams have nine and ten in the box, SOMETHING has to open up, some receiver routes have to be open.  Find them.

4.  Discipline-work on avoiding penalties, especially certain players.

carolinahogger

A kicker can turn a close loss into a close win.  Disciplined play is the same.

LAHogfan123

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: LAHogfan123 on September 29, 2014, 12:32:04 am
Recruiting.

Yup. Going door to door selling our product. Coaches will be busy for a few days trying to beef up our depth chart. Out of all the Tx recruits we are going after now, for some reason I hope we can convince Haughton to come to the Hill. A good player at a needed position. Anxious to see if we get a few more commits in the next few weeks.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

three hog night

Quote from: Hawg_Thai'd on September 29, 2014, 07:05:55 am
Yup. Going door to door selling our product. Coaches will be busy for a few days trying to beef up our depth chart. Out of all the Tx recruits we are going after now, for some reason I hope we can convince Haughton to come to the Hill. A good player at a needed position. Anxious to see if we get a few more commits in the next few weeks.

Ding ding ding we have a winner!
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

Razorback_Mack

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

twistitup

Conditioning.....no really!

Big is great, but big and out of breath is easy to beat in the 4th qtr.....we must improve our stamina / quality depth so we don't continue to crumble in crunch time.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Paul Swinebaum

1. Honey-do list
2. Christmas shopping list
3. Deer stand maintenance
4. Duck blind maintenance
5. Teach people how to properly call the Hogs without the "ah-wooo" or "we-ooo"

:razorback:

Jackrabbit Hog

Running out routes that get to the first down marker.  Stated another way, don't run a 3 yard out route on 3rd and 5.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

LZH

I know our depth is short, but we're not in the kind of shape we're gonna need to be.  I'm not sure if that can be corrected in an off-week during the season, but it's gonna cost us again before the year's up.

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

acey33

kicking the football from the left hash mark  ::) ::) ::)

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on September 29, 2014, 07:42:40 am
Running out routes that get to the first down marker.  Stated another way, don't run a 3 yard out route on 3rd and 5.
^^^this^^^
Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on September 29, 2014, 07:42:40 am
^^^^this^^^^

Dumb ole famrboy

One of the biggest weaknesses of our offense is our strength - the offensive line. They just aren't very good at blocking in space. Therefore when the defense stacks the box we cannot seal it and take our running game wide. A stacked box is a fairly solid defense against short/intermediate middle of the field and screen passing game.

jm

Quote from: twistitup on September 29, 2014, 07:34:35 am
Conditioning.....no really!

Big is great, but big and out of breath is easy to beat in the 4th qtr.....we must improve our stamina / quality depth so we don't continue to crumble in crunch time.

Mental fatigue appears to be hurting us more than stamina. You don't turn receivers loose in the secondary because you are winded; you do that because the game is too big for you from a mental standpoint.

twistitup

Quote from: jm on September 29, 2014, 09:49:07 am
Mental fatigue appears to be hurting us more than stamina. You don't turn receivers loose in the secondary because you are winded; you do that because the game is too big for you from a mental standpoint.

For DB's yes- but those in the trenches are winded

HF#1

Correct A&M mistakes.  Focus on attention to detail. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

GolfnHog

Don't know what WE all will be doing but I'm pretty sure the coaches are hitting the recruiting trail, the Hogs will do some conditioning work w/ a couple of days off to heal and rest then back to planning for the Alabama game.

Myself, I'll be on the road 3 days and catching up w/ all the subject matter experts that apparently have non-paying jobs on the Hogs coaching staff. ;)
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

PonderinHog

You know what, we don't need to talk about football right now.  this is a good time for reflection and prayer...

LRHawg

kicking game. not only was that field goal bad but our line did not do a good job of making sure the kicker gets a clean shot at goal. Perhaps we need to open the competition back up.

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: JIHawg on September 28, 2014, 11:57:11 pm
It's a bye week, time to fix the broke stuff.  My list.....
1.  Find a field goal kicker
2.  Safeties-find two who can not let anybody get behind them, ever.
3.  Passing game-if the other teams have nine and ten in the box, SOMETHING has to open up, some receiver routes have to be open.  Find them.

4.  Discipline-work on avoiding penalties, especially certain players.

Killer instinct.  Drill it into the players heads

Boardon Hamsay

Get Lanny and Doug aligned to enabling the [you] tag for the betterment of the site and darn.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

twistitup

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 29, 2014, 01:43:02 pm
You know what, we don't need to talk about football right now.  this is a good time for reflection and prayer...

And ponderin'

Boardon Hamsay

And Conestoga wagons?  Yeah, yeah, Conestoga wagons are reportedly the best.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

jmb1973

We lost a game, we aren't dead.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: LAHogfan123 on September 29, 2014, 12:32:04 am

Recruiting.

Yes, recruiting.  Hope the next 5 or 6 commits.....are DB's/safety's.  This is our biggest weakness, which should be apparent.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Paul Swinebaum on September 29, 2014, 07:41:20 am
1. Honey-do list
2. Christmas shopping list
3. Deer stand maintenance
4. Duck blind maintenance
5. Teach people how to properly call the Hogs without the "ah-wooo" or "we-ooo"

:razorback:

Start rumors that Hootie was seen over the weekend in both Ann Arbor and Gainesville.

PonderinHog

Hogsmo Kramer

Dear 8 pound 6 ounce newborn infant Jesus......
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

If we ever make one of those 3 yard outs work on 3rd down and 5, Hooter will be on every talk show swearing he invented that play and he'd be correct, he did.