Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We will beat Bama

Started by sgfhog, September 28, 2014, 11:08:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sgfhog

We will beat Bama.  The team was sick about the poor way it finished the game.  They knew they had it and gave it away. I believe that with two weeks to prepare, with a hyped up crowd, with an intense hunger to prove themselves, and with determination to finish strong, the Hogs will beat Bama.

I feel strongly about this, but will feel stronger if Bama beats Ole Miss. I would rather the Tide not come in on the heels of its first loss, itself eager to bounce back.

Go Hogs!

Country Stylz

We will beat Auburn
We will beat aTm
We will beat Bama

HF#1

We will either win a nail biter or get our ass kicked.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HUNGLOWHOG

If we play the dallas Cowboys I would say we will beat them , but in reality we always choke balls in the big game , I'm super negged out trying to be positive but it is hard to lose the way we do. I'm taking a break from hogville for a few days , maybe next time I come back I won't be so negative.

sgfhog

Quote from: Country Stylz on September 28, 2014, 11:14:28 pm
We will beat Auburn
We will beat aTm
We will beat Bama
I picked against us at Auburn and vs. the Aggies (guessed 38-35). 

Dropkick

If this was in Jump Ball I would tend to agree

ZERO

I've said since before last week that I thought we'd have a better chance against Alabama, and would lose to A&M.

I feel strangely well about the Alabama game. If we do lose, it'll be a 20-24 kind of game like 2010.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Torqued pork

shotgun7

It wont be 52 to nothing this year! I say we have a chance on all of our games According to ESPN Power index, we have a 34% chance against Bama, and we only had a 20 something (27% I think) chance to beat A&M. They give us a 43% chance to beat GA. It will probably change some after this weekend depending on what happens since alot of the west plays each other.

Tick Hog

First let me say that I'm amazed by how much we are improved in year 2. I didn't think we would dominate NIU like we did and figured we would hang around A@M for a half but it would be another Auburn. Bama may be down a little but they're still a great well rounded team. Without having the speed on the outside to stretch the field I fear we will have a very hard time running the ball. We haven't seen this years squad against a team that prides itself on defense. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised again.

davglo35

BB knows how to get em ready. Hes a lot better coach than most give him credit for and with an extra week and being at home id say weve got a decent chance.

HoggusMaximus

Im not saying we will win, but we will definitely be more prepared than last season, and with 2 weeks to be ready for the game it should showcase how well this staff can prepare for Bama with ample time. The pieces are almost there, now lets see what CBB can do with a little more time.

deedster84

This is the kind of loss this team needed. One that hurts. The kind of hurt that stays with you for awhile. And all becuase of silly mistakes that I bet will be remembered a lot better than if there was no example to see. We won it everywhere but the scoreboard. If we woulda been getting blown out it would have been "oh well". I think they just took a big step forward.  Sounds stupid and I will get laughed at but my first thought when that game was over is that I felt sorry for Bama. Even I thought it was stupid but....................

alwaysnextyear

Bama will beat us soundly. They are a lot better than aTm. Williams and Collins may not make it out alive.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on September 30, 2014, 05:40:40 am
Bama will beat us soundly. They are a lot better than aTm. Williams and Collins may not make it out alive.

We will see. I don't think it is going to be a beat down. After the last two years this team has to learn how to win and overcome adversity again, and they are getting some good lessons in that (Auburn and A&M). I believe the staff is going to have them ready for Alabama, though Alabama isn't the Alabama that we have faced in the past. Their offensive philosophy seems to be situated somewhere between A&M this year and the Alabama we have known in the past.

I think it is going to be a great game.
Go Hogs Go!

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 30, 2014, 05:59:02 am
We will see. I don't think it is going to be a beat down. After the last two years this team has to learn how to win and overcome adversity again, and they are getting some good lessons in that (Auburn and A&M). I believe the staff is going to have them ready for Alabama, though Alabama isn't the Alabama that we have faced in the past. Their offensive philosophy seems to be situated somewhere between A&M this year and the Alabama we have known in the past.

I think it is going to be a great game.
They are back to the philosophy Saban had in his final years at LSU where he drummed us. I'll be shocked if we do much offensively. The Auburn and aTm games weren't good lessons. Just reminders that we're losers. I was not impressed at all with aTm and we should've beaten they by 3 scores.

jdelo77

Amari cooper is better than any Wideout we have faced ! Covering him is going to
Be a big task , If we can keep him in check we have a shot ! If not it will be another long day ....

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on September 30, 2014, 06:03:05 am
They are back to the philosophy Saban had in his final years at LSU where he drummed us. I'll be shocked if we do much offensively. The Auburn and aTm games weren't good lessons. Just reminders that we're losers. I was not impressed at all with aTm and we should've beaten they by 3 scores.

Saban had some success against us when he was at LSU winning 3 of 5 games.

2000- 3 to 14 Loss
2001- 41 to 38 Win
2002- 20 to 21 Loss
2003- 55 to 24 Win
2004- 43 to 14 Win

Notice that it took him 3 full seasons (yes, almighty Nick Saban) at LSU to begin to assert his philosophy and for that to translate to major success.

We are on a journey here, not a sprint and for that matter, it appears we are ahead of schedule from the standpoint of being competitive.

I see the improvement, anyone can if they just choose to do so.
Go Hogs Go!

Jerrajo

We were not able to run against Bama at all last year. And running the ball is our strength. I'm not sure we will be able to run it against them this year. If we are we have a shot. But I'm not sure we will.

(notOM)Rebel123

Okay then....we will beat Georgia.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

rzrbackramsfan

While we shoulda beat a team about as good as bama, I don't think we match up as well here.  We probably won't run on them at will and probably won't kill me passing either.  I see us scoring between 7-21 so I'll say 14.  I see them scoring in the 30's.  Sure hope I'm wrong though.  I think the bye week could prove me wrong.

Jerrajo

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on September 30, 2014, 07:18:50 am
While we shoulda beat a team about as good as bama, I don't think we match up as well here.  We probably won't run on them at will and probably won't kill me passing either.  I see us scoring between 7-21 so I'll say 14.  I see them scoring in the 30's.  Sure hope I'm wrong though.  I think the bye week could prove me wrong.

I don't remember last years game.. Did we even rush for 50 ? How are we going to beat them when we can't even expect our strength to do us any good ?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Jerrajo on September 30, 2014, 07:30:58 am
I don't remember last years game.. Did we even rush for 50 ? How are we going to beat them when we can't even expect our strength to do us any good ?

Last year isn't this year.
Go Hogs Go!

Jerrajo

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 30, 2014, 07:36:25 am
Last year isn't this year.

It doesn't matter. Saban's defense isn't going to get beat by a one dimensional power run team in any year.

Hoggish1

No doubt that one of the keys to victory on Oct. 11 will be a Tide win at OldPiss.  I want them here at No.1 and fat for the fall.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: sgfhog on September 28, 2014, 11:08:03 pm
We will beat Bama.  The team was sick about the poor way it finished the game.  They knew they had it and gave it away. I believe that with two weeks to prepare, with a hyped up crowd, with an intense hunger to prove themselves, and with determination to finish strong, the Hogs will beat Bama.

I feel strongly about this, but will feel stronger if Bama beats Ole Miss. I would rather the Tide not come in on the heels of its first loss, itself eager to bounce back.

Go Hogs!

I guess the OP was picking stuff out of the cow pasture.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hoggish1

jkstock04

I have been reading annual "we will beat Bama" threads on here for several years now. I'm still waiting, call me a hater or whatever but I'm gonna remain skeptical til I actually see it with my eyes.

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

LJHOG

We win only if Alabama helps us like the did Florida.  They don't turn it over it's an Alabama win, if not a blow out.

superior_wang

Go Hogs!

Nope

Sweet Feet

Sims, yeldon, and cooper along with a physical and disciplined defense...really?

PORKULATOR

We WILL be held on every play against Bama.
We WILL give back a big play on a late flag.
We WILL be the thorn in the side of anyone with an SEC agenda.
We STILL can beat em after all this. We pretty much did aTm... pretty much.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Hollywood_HOGan45

I cannot even begin to get a feeling for this game because of the aTm hangover but one thing is for sure, this year we WILL at least compete with Alabama.

Arkansas is improving each and every week.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 30, 2014, 08:20:42 am
I have been reading annual "we will beat Bama" threads on here for several years now. I'm still waiting, call me a hater or whatever but I'm gonna remain skeptical til I actually see it with my eyes.

We haven't beat Bama since Mike Shula was the coach. Even that time their kicker gave us the game. I think Hogs are better. Outside this Bama, the Hogs have a chance in every other game.

dwcherr

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 30, 2014, 06:29:07 am
Saban had some success against us when he was at LSU winning 3 of 5 games.

2000- 3 to 14 Loss
2001- 41 to 38 Win
2002- 20 to 21 Loss
2003- 55 to 24 Win
2004- 43 to 14 Win

Notice that it took him 3 full seasons (yes, almighty Nick Saban) at LSU to begin to assert his philosophy and for that to translate to major success.

We are on a journey here, not a sprint and for that matter, it appears we are ahead of schedule from the standpoint of being competitive.

I see the improvement, anyone can if they just choose to do so.

Saban was 8-4 his first year at LSU. 5-3 in conference. 3rd in the West.

He went 10-3 his second year. Won the west and the Sugar Bowl and finished in the Top 10.

You were saying?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: dwcherr on September 30, 2014, 09:12:10 am
Saban was 8-4 his first year at LSU. 5-3 in conference. 3rd in the West.

He went 10-3 his second year. Won the west and the Sugar Bowl and finished in the Top 10.

You were saying?

I said exactly what I meant to say unless you don't think that 13-1 in 2003 is an improvement over the records you listed.
Go Hogs Go!

OnYourToes

Go Hogs!

The reasons to support your claim are based solely on feelings and emotion.  While I agree, these are huge factors for our game and could be the extra push we need, they should keep these things in mind and use them as motivation.

The reasons listed above would be great factors for a former coach with the middle name of Dale.  Our coach is much more concerned with scheme, skill, blocking, smart play, no penalties, small victories, beating the man across from you and other game related tactics. Not emotional gimmicks such as 1 heartbeat, calling a play brotha, getting dat wood, etc.

I am excited to see this game and our competitive drive after a tough loss.
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

hogatheart

I can tell you right now, Saban will sell completely out to the run. Blitz will come often. We will have to win this game in the air. Hoping for our best game yet. WPS!!

Hogwild

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 30, 2014, 09:20:29 am
I said exactly what I meant to say unless you don't think that 13-1 in 2003 is an improvement over the records you listed.

Just admit that you forgot that Saban won the SEC & Sugar Bowl in his 2nd year.  It would be better than claiming that you don't consider an SEC title & BCS bowl victory  a major success, for a team that only won a single SEC just two years prior.

MushroomCloudHog

Ending the conference losing streak the first conference home game.  Makes sense. Something tells me our beloved Razorbacks are quite angry after A&M, especially that beast Skipper with 2 weeks to stew.  Fans need to have that place busting at the seems. Alabama might be the top team in the country.  But, make no bones about it, they haven't encountered what they will encounter in 2 weeks. Don't even mention Florida.  We would beat them down too.

Pistol Pig Maravich

Quote from: MushroomCloudHog on September 30, 2014, 10:27:14 am
Ending the conference losing streak the first conference home game.  Makes sense. Something tells me our beloved Razorbacks are quite angry after A&M, especially that beast Skipper with 2 weeks to stew.  Fans need to have that place busting at the seems. Alabama might be the top team in the country.  But, make no bones about it, they haven't encountered what they will encounter in 2 weeks. Don't even mention Florida.  We would beat them down too.
Fitting name what with your hallucinations and all

MushroomCloudHog

Quote from: Pistol Pig Maravich on September 30, 2014, 10:35:00 am
Fitting name what with your hallucinations and all

Sounds like you would know more about that than me. Nuclear,  not drugs.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hogwild on September 30, 2014, 10:25:43 am
Just admit that you forgot that Saban won the SEC & Sugar Bowl in his 2nd year.  It would be better than claiming that you don't consider an SEC title & BCS bowl victory  a major success, for a team that only won a single SEC just two years prior.

I was speaking of a Natl Championship, unless of course you guys think that an SEC Championship is greater. It was great that he had won an SEC Championship and had a BCS victory, but the 2003 season (2004 BCSNCG) was when the Saban domination really began. Of course then he ran off to Dolphins for a couple of seasons or I am sure his template of success would have continued at LSU even with the drop back to 9-3 in 2004. He had his plan in place.

And even when he did return and he went to Alabama, it took a year (2007) to get all of the talent he inherited at Alabama on the same page so that they could have the season they did in 2008.

My whole point in all of this was that it takes time. And if you are anyone other than the big-name, big-rep schools in the SEC, you probably don't have the talent to turn things around in the first two years of a new HC with a new and differrent philosophy. But I am sure you guys knew that is what I was getting at all along.

For Arkansas, this is a journey to success, not a sprint.
Go Hogs Go!

Torqued pork

If the Auburn and A&M losses really were all about depth I don't see why anyone would think the Bama game will be different.

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: Torqued pork on September 30, 2014, 11:35:13 am
If the Auburn and A&M losses really were all about depth I don't see why anyone would think the Bama game will be different.
Wasn't about depth. Costly mistakes and moronic play calling down the stretch. We will lose every close SEC game until the play calling improves.

Jerrajo

We couldnt run against Bama last year and we won't this year. Do you honestly think we will pass our way to victory against any team much less Bama ?

No way we win this game. Sorry. I want too but the Aggies were a finesse team that gave us a great shot. We threw it away.

The Gumps are physical. We will get beat by at least 3 scores.

DeltaBoy

If we upset BAMA we should go bowling this year.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

code red

Quote from: Jerrajo on September 30, 2014, 11:40:31 am
We couldnt run against Bama last year and we won't this year. Do you honestly think we will pass our way to victory against any team much less Bama ?

No way we win this game. Sorry. I want too but the Aggies were a finesse team that gave us a great shot. We threw it away.

The Gumps are physical. We will get beat by at least 3 scores.
You are probably right.  I think our lack of passing gets exposed big time.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Westcoasthog

Arkansas can beat Alabama!

shotgun7

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 30, 2014, 12:50:40 pm
If we upset BAMA we should go bowling this year.

While the win would be a great boots, we do not have to beat Bama to go bowling...