Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

overall

Started by ballz2thewall, September 28, 2014, 06:01:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ballz2thewall

it was a really good game.  its very good that we're griping about the gripes we've picked and highlighted.  the reasons were obvious; we weren't outclassed.  hell, we've arrived.  everyone knows it and they don't want to play the hogs right now.

we've tightened up since auburn, and we will get better.  allen looked very comfortable passing the ball.  and the catches for the most part were not flukes.

and the isolation of the TE's was perfection.

tweaking here and there, as all teams do, will show.  you can bet that bama is worried about playing the hogs right now and they should be.  even bama would've been trading licks with a&m much like we did. 

kiffin has bama clicking pretty good. ironically, they've morphed a bit into some of what we've seen from other teams.  they're not spread, but they're doing more than just the ol' play action.

overall we're talking about winning now, and not just a decent showing.
The rest of the frog.

Bebop

Overall, minus the dumb penalties, we looked better. I'm still not sold on Chaney being our guy. He does well the first half but seems to not make the best adjustments in the second half. I hope he proves me wrong.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: Bebop on September 28, 2014, 06:28:55 pm
Overall, minus the dumb penalties, we looked better. I'm still not sold on Chaney being our guy. He does well the first half but seems to not make the best adjustments in the second half. I hope he proves me wrong.

skepticism is justified.

but imagine that game without the blown snaps and the stupid penalties.  those plays we didn't like might be marginalized.
The rest of the frog.

TMc

Speaking about the fumbled snaps - that last one cost us big time.  We were driving it right down their throats and they could not stop us. That play gave them life.