Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema Comments

Started by scooby21322, September 28, 2014, 02:15:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scooby21322

CBB has made a few statements since yesterday's game that make me think someone may be committing soon.  For example, he just tweeted:  "Wanted that one as bad as anyone but continue to try our best one day at a time. Making strides & will build depth during off week!" 

Anyone have any guesses who he might be thinking of when he said that? 

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: scooby21322 on September 28, 2014, 02:15:24 pm
CBB has made a few statements since yesterday's game that make me think someone may be committing soon.  For example, he just tweeted:  "Wanted that one as bad as anyone but continue to try our best one day at a time. Making strides & will build depth during off week!" 

Doubt he's talking about recruiting there.

Probably just referring to the staff will have more time to work with younger players during the off week, preparing them to help us down the stretch.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Bubba's Bruisers

I just don't see how his comments could be interpreted as being about some recruit committing.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

twistitup

Building depth......as in we are getting beat in the 4th qtr due to lack of depth / fatigue

Quality depth allows everyone to rotate and be fresh come crunch time. Depth hopefully will allow us to FINISH
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

swinesation

The coaching staff is going out recruiting this week.

SemperFi

Not sure that he was referring to a specific recruit. I think that we have several kids in the Dallas area that the Hogs have offered or are in the process of evaluating. Would not be surprised if we don't pick up a new commit or flip someone during this trip to Dallas.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

scooby21322

Quote from: swinesation on September 28, 2014, 02:38:54 pm

This fact is why I read into the comments. 

zane

Quote from: swinesation on September 28, 2014, 02:38:54 pm

Mentioned a couple of times in his post game presser
RIP LSUfan

Tim Harris

I think RD said the other day that the next couple of weeks could be busy for us as far as recruiting is concerned.

VBMark

Lots of big-time recruits in for Bama game. A close one or a win would be huge for recruiting.

I also think that a win against A&M would have moved some folks in North and East Texas towards Hog leans.
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

scooby21322

Quote from: zane on September 28, 2014, 04:00:40 pm
Mentioned a couple of times in his post game presser

I remember that as well.  He also talked about Texas as the focus if I remember right.  He seems to know something we don't know.  The only one I know of in that part of the state is Haughton. 

TMc

Quote from: twistitup on September 28, 2014, 02:30:23 pm
Building depth......as in we are getting beat in the 4th qtr due to lack of depth / fatigue

Quality depth allows everyone to rotate and be fresh come crunch time. Depth hopefully will allow us to FINISH

This is exactly what's going on.  We don't have enough quality depth across the board.., and it rears it's ugly head against better teams.

Steef

Quote from: TMc on September 28, 2014, 06:44:16 pm
This is exactly what's going on.  We don't have enough quality depth across the board.., and it rears it's ugly head against better teams.

In the fourth quarter.

mhuff

Looks to me like the coaches in our two losses have adjusted to us to stop run at half time, but we have not adjusted to them. We are getting better though. WPS

Fort Dweller

Quote from: mhuff on September 28, 2014, 07:50:51 pm
Looks to me like the coaches in our two losses have adjusted to us to stop run at half time, but we have not adjusted to them. We are getting better though. WPS

I thought we handled A&M extremely well with the exception of two plays.  1) the DB fell down and 2) Hill found the soft spot between the DB and S (ala Childs please) and our S was late and took a bad angle.

Still confused about the pass plays towards the end with a lead, but overall I think the staff called good enough plays to win. 
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Steef

Quote from: Fort Dweller on September 28, 2014, 08:01:05 pm
I thought we handled A&M extremely well with the exception of two plays.  1) the DB fell down and 2) Hill found the soft spot between the DB and S (ala Childs please) and our S was late and took a bad angle.

Still confused about the pass plays towards the end with a lead, but overall I think the staff called good enough plays to win.

They were pretty much stuffing the line and daring us to pass. And then covering Hunter like a glove.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: steefhog on September 28, 2014, 08:04:50 pm
They were pretty much stuffing the line and daring us to pass. And then covering Hunter like a glove.

And we play actioned over the top to Derby for a score.  Also had a PA over the top to Henry called back.  The play calling wasn't perfect, but it was enough to win.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Hoggish1

Nothing there about recruiting.

onebadrubi

Quote from: scooby21322 on September 28, 2014, 02:15:24 pm

How in the world does that make you think about recruiting?  That is about the game! 

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: mhuff on September 28, 2014, 07:50:51 pm

If the second fumbled snap doesn't happen then you wouldn't be saying this. We marched right down the field, but that play cost us. Still don't understand why more people aren't talking about that. I think Chaney called a terrific game.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

TMc

scooby21322

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 28, 2014, 11:04:14 pm
How in the world does that make you think about recruiting?  That is about the game!

Considering he and his coaches are all over the country right now, recruiting, I figured that was his mindset with the comment.  He said that a big focus this week will be recruiting. 

010HogFan

He was talking about the game.

forrest city joe

Bret Bielema @BretBielema
We have Hog coaches in Arkansas, and from Texas to Maryland recruiting for the future. Building it day by day one Hog at a time.
Watched a morning practice in north Alabama hopping on a quick flight to Mississippi looking for our next Hog!
Leaving Mississippi headed to Louisiana, where we have seen immediate impact from last years class playing now as true freshman!