Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cheered up

Started by CallThemHawgs!, September 28, 2014, 12:39:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CallThemHawgs!

September 28, 2014, 12:39:26 pm Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 09:26:26 pm by John Quincy Poodle
By one simple tweet, by someone who I normally am not a big fan of...

This loss hurts, but that being said we were not expected to win this game. Before the season started who on here predicted that we WOULD win this game? Fact is, this team has made HUGE strides. The coaching is paying off, especially on defense... and we are recruiting guys who can win us ball games. I am turning my focus to Bama, its another chance to get better and its an incredibly important recruiting weekend. All the big names we are after will be here. If there was ever, I mean ever a time to make a trip to Fayetteville for a game, this is it. The program, and these kids need your support.  :razorback: Go Hogs.

https://twitter.com/finebaum/status/516006537295572992

LZH

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: LZH on September 28, 2014, 12:40:02 pm
SMILE!!!

Not happy, or smiling... but certainly looking forward to tailgating and being in attendance for a huge matchup against the #1 team in the nation in two weeks

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on September 28, 2014, 12:49:05 pm
Not happy, or smiling... but certainly looking forward to tailgating and being in attendance for a huge matchup against the #1 team in the nation in two weeks

Nothing to smile over.  BUT

We ain't where we want to be

We ain't where we are going to be

But< Hallelujah we ain't where we were
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: TOM "tbw1" on September 28, 2014, 01:04:18 pm
Nothing to smile over.  BUT

We ain't where we want to be

We ain't where we are going to be

But< Hallelujah we ain't where we were

Amen to that reverend

GlassofSwine

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on September 28, 2014, 12:39:26 pm
By one simple tweet, by someone who I normally am not a big fan of...

This loss hurts, but that being said we were not expected to with this game. Before the season started who on here predicted that we WOULD win this game? Fact is, this team has made HUGE strides. The coaching is paying off, especially on defense... and we are recruiting guys who can win us ball games. I am turning my focus to Bama, its another chance to get better and its an incredibly important recruiting weekend. All the big names we are after will be here. If there was ever, I mean ever a time to make a trip to Fayetteville for a game, this is it. The program, and these kids need your support.  :razorback: Go Hogs.

https://twitter.com/finebaum/status/516006537295572992

A lot of people predicated we would win this game before TAMU beat down what was thought to be a great USCe team. The TAMU victory over USCe doesn't look as good anymore and no one should have counted Arkansas out based on that one game. Thankfully we are getting the bye week and are relatively healthy before Bama. The Ole Miss/Bama game should be very physical. Hopefully Bama comes into RRS a little sore and tired. I think we can give them a good game.

LightHog

I am old school, and remember when the Hogs were great.  I am not into great-

effort losses or moral victories.  I expected the Hogs to win.......That said, I am still 100% in and awaiting the next game.

hogcard1964

Quote from: LightHog on September 28, 2014, 07:05:13 pm
I am old school, and remember when the Hogs were great.  I am not into great-

effort losses or moral victories.  I expected the Hogs to win.......That said, I am still 100% in and awaiting the next game.

This

BrokenArrowHogs

I am proud of this team and their progress.  BUT, I am tired of close but not quite.  It is time for them to win some of these games.  Tired of being the team of "almost good enough."

Wildhog

I'll be in sec 112.  Can't wait.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Wildhog on September 28, 2014, 07:36:02 pm
I'll be in sec 112.  Can't wait.

Gotta tailgate this time, holler at me before yall head up.. you are welcome to come stay at my place for a night. Its just me and the pup in a 3 bedroom house.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: BrokenArrowHogs on September 28, 2014, 07:15:55 pm
I am proud of this team and their progress.  BUT, I am tired of close but not quite.  It is time for them to win some of these games.  Tired of being the team of "almost good enough."

They are gonna get it... when you dont close, this is what happens. Remember the feeling and stomp on them next time, done let em up

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on September 28, 2014, 12:49:05 pm

This. Can't wait!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Wildhog

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on September 28, 2014, 07:49:11 pm
Gotta tailgate this time, holler at me before yall head up.. you are welcome to come stay at my place for a night. Its just me and the pup in a 3 bedroom house.

Might take you up on that.
1909/1964/1965/1977

rljjr

CallThemHawgs!

Dark Helmet Hog

I fully support this team and coach. I love the style and attitude.

However, this loss ticked me off. We should have won. I'm still in a bad mood about it.

He can keep his tweet.

code red

Paul tweeted that to stimulate calls to his show...he will turn on us mid week.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Hoggish1

hobhog

Quote from: BrokenArrowHogs on September 28, 2014, 07:15:55 pm

Like three years ago? That season was damn close with great wins along the way.

130 teams want what you want. Only 4 or 5 achieve it, and it usually doesn't last.

Hoggish1

Quote from: GlassofSwine on September 28, 2014, 01:38:55 pm
  A lot of people predicated we would win this game before TAMU beat down what was thought to be a great USCe team. The TAMU victory over USCe doesn't look as good anymore and no one should have counted Arkansas out based on that one game. Thankfully we are getting the bye week and are relatively healthy before Bama. The Ole Miss/Bama game should be very physical. Hopefully Bama comes into RRS a little sore and tired. I think we can give them a good game.

You're on to something.  Bama will be bruised and our game is sandwiched between to spread HUNH teams.  The contrast will help us.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on September 28, 2014, 07:59:42 pm
I fully support this team and coach. I love the style and attitude.

However, this loss ticked me off. We should have won. I'm still in a bad mood about it.

He can keep his tweet.

I agree, the tweet simply reminded me that there is still football to be played. And HUGE games to be played. Hell, this team still has a great shot at making a bowl game.

Those people around the nation who are not diehard Hog fans, watched a second year coach who`s team was predicted last in the SEC west and worst in the SEC by some, put the #6 team in the nation on the ropes.

They saw a young team that was literally the punch line of every 10pm sportscast in America for the past 3 years, punching the hell out of a team many are predicting to make the BCS playoffs, and making them like it. They were spitting up blood, and we were grinning and running fake punts.

Everything about that game screamed "Damn, these boys are nasty... good thing we dont play them..." to college football fans across the nation, and our coach has been here for 1 season. Many of the assistants on defense (one of the bright spots in the game) have been here for 4 games now.

What comes first, a winning program, or the loyal fans? I have seen all I need to see to know, these dudes can play, this staff can coach, and this team will be in the nightmares of everyone it faces before too long.

Getting our lazy asses off the couch to go support them seems like the least we can do.

Wildhog

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on September 28, 2014, 09:38:53 pm
I agree, the tweet simply reminded me that there is still football to be played. And HUGE games to be played. Hell, this team still has a great shot at making a bowl game.

Those people around the nation who are not diehard Hog fans, watched a second year coach who`s team was predicted last in the SEC west and worst in the SEC by some, put the #6 team in the nation on the ropes.

They saw a young team that was literally the punch line of every 10pm sportscast in America for the past 3 years, punching the hell out of a team many are predicting to make the BCS playoffs, and making them like it.

Everything about that game screamed "Damn, these boys are nasty... good thing we dont play them..." to college football fans across the nation, and our coach has been here for 1 season. Many of the assistants on defense (one of the bright spots in the game) have been here for 4 games now.

What comes first, a winning program, or the loyal fans? I have seen all I need to see to know, these dudes can play, this staff can coach, and this team will be in the nightmares of everyone it faces before too long.

Getting our lazy asses off the couch to go support them seems like the least we can do.

Great post.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Calling All Hogs

I am tired of losing but I am also tired of losing to Bama and getting pushed around by them at the same time. That will change this year and we might even pull out a win.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on September 28, 2014, 10:02:54 pm
I am tired of losing but I am also tired of losing to Bama and getting pushed around by them at the same time. That will change this year and we might even pull out a win.

No matter what happens... we wont be pushed around. The days of getting dominated at the LOS on both sides of the ball are over.