Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Well Guys...

Started by HogFanatic, September 28, 2014, 11:18:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HF#1

I suspect we will again be a 7-10 point dog.  Maybe more.  I have a bad feeling about this one though.  Alabama defense will be much more difficult to run on as usual.  We will need our best game in all three phases to beat them.  Amari Cooper is a nightmare for any defense.  Yeldon and Henry will be tough to stop.  Alabama will be more physical than A&M. 

It will either be a close game or we will get beat down.  I haven't made up my mind yet.

I hope the bye week helps us.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

SCRX95

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on September 28, 2014, 10:03:29 pm
Blew us out?

On the road, with an hour + rain delay when we were tied and had you on your heels.... ok sure, whatever you say champ.

If this were on the road, sure. Its at home. Coming off a bye week. Bama will be roughed up a bit, we will be healthier, and well rested. At home gives us 10 points IMO.

Im not saying we are going to win, I am saying there is a chance. Its the SEC, there is always a chance. This is not some shitbird Vandy team going on the road to play Oregon. Get real.

Auburn put 300 yards of rushing and 300 yards of passing compared to 328 yards by AR.  24 points in the 2nd half.  Hardly a close game.

HF#1

Quote from: SCRX95 on September 28, 2014, 10:10:18 pm
Auburn put 300 yards of rushing and 300 yards of passing compared to 328 yards by AR.  24 points in the 2nd half.  Hardly a close game.

It wasn't as out of hand as you say either.  It was somewhere in between probably.  We had Auburn tired, confused, and frustrated in the first half.  They reversed the roles in the second half. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

FootballFanatic89

September 28, 2014, 10:13:19 pm #53 Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 10:34:53 pm by FootballFanatic89
Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on September 28, 2014, 10:03:29 pm
Blew us out?

On the road, with an hour + rain delay when we were tied and had you on your heels.... ok sure, whatever you say champ.

If this were on the road, sure. Its at home. Coming off a bye week. Bama will be roughed up a bit, we will be healthier, and well rested. At home gives us 10 points IMO.

Im not saying we are going to win, I am saying there is a chance. Its the SEC, there is always a chance. This is not some shitbird Vandy team going on the road to play Oregon. Get real.

You lost 45-21. What do you consider to be a blowout. When did I say you didn't have a chance?  If you look at my assessment, I said for you guys to win Bama has to be +3 in the turnover ratio and Arkansas must capitalize on every turnover, while also not turning over the ball. I also said Bama is much more suited to play against an Arkansas rather than an AU or Texas A&M, who had question marks about their defensive lines. Again, I added analysis. You just got butthurt about it.

You provided no analysis whatsoever besides "well, we hung with texas a&m." Really? This is the SEC man. You are EXPECTED to compete in the SEC. Vandy competed well with USC. UK competed well with UF. USC beat UGA , a team who was supposedly a nc team, and then lost the very next week to Mizzou. You are expected to compete. You don't get bonus points for that. Not in the SEC. As soon as you lace up the cleats you have a chance to win, whether it is a .1% or 99% chance remains to be seen. That doesn't mean I can't say I believe you will lose with reasoning.

HF#1

Quote from: FootballFanatic89 on September 28, 2014, 10:13:19 pm
You lost 45-21. What do you consider to be a blowout. When did I say you didn't have a chance?  If you look at my assessment, I said for you guys to win Bama has to be +3 in the turnover ratio and Arkansas must capitalize on every turnover, while also not turning over the ball to win. I also said Bama is much more suited to play against an Arkansas rather than an AU or Texas A&M, who had question marks about their defensive lines. Again, I added analysis. You just got butthurt about it.

You provided no analysis whatsoever besides "well, we hung with texas a&m." Really? This is the SEC man. You are EXPECTED to compete in the SEC. Vandy competed well with USC. UK competed well with UF. USC beat UGA , a team who was supposedly a nc team, and then lost the very next week to Mizzou. You are expected to compete. You don't get bonus points for that. Not in the SEC. As soon as you lace up the cleats you have a chance to win, whether it is a .1% or 99% chance remains to be seen. That doesn't mean I can't say I believe you will lose with reasoning.

We played one half.  Why are we arguing about a game that occured 4 weeks ago?

PonderinHog

Quote from: HF#1 on September 28, 2014, 10:15:13 pm
Maybe his elevator is stuck.

HF#1

FootballFanatic89

Quote from: HF#1 on September 28, 2014, 10:15:13 pm

Ask your brethren.

HF#1

Quote from: FootballFanatic89 on September 28, 2014, 10:20:40 pm
Ask your brethren.

Why are you endulging it?  We lost the game.  It is what it is.  We are better today than we were then.  And we will keep getting better. 

FootballFanatic89

Quote from: HF#1 on September 28, 2014, 10:22:27 pm
Why are you endulging it?  We lost the game.  It is what it is.  We are better today than we were then.  And we will keep getting better.

Fair assessment. You guys have gotten better. I agree with that.

HF#1

Quote from: FootballFanatic89 on September 28, 2014, 10:23:28 pm
Fair assessment. You guys have gotten better. I agree with that.

It's a process.  This was never going to be a quick turn around.  The recruiting before Bielema got here was so effed up, it was destined to be a 4-5 year rebuild.  The fact that we are as good as we are is a tribute to these coaches and players.   Good recruiting and hard work. 

The next step is to just win an SEC game.  I think we will have another shot against Georgia in LR.  I think that game is totally winnable. 

FootballFanatic89

Quote from: HF#1 on September 28, 2014, 10:35:50 pm
It's a process.  This was never going to be a quick turn around.  The recruiting before Bielema got here was so effed up, it was destined to be a 4-5 year rebuild.  The fact that we are as good as we are is a tribute to these coaches and players.   Good recruiting and hard work. 

The next step is to just win an SEC game.  I think we will have another shot against Georgia in LR.  I think that game is totally winnable.

Well, I think you guys can beat UAB, Mizzou, UGA and LSU (Rivalry aspect). Now, it will be 50-50 for the most part but I can see you guys beating those SEC teams.

Mizzou- they are suspect on both sides of the ball. Mauk is inconsistent but at times he has that connor shaw magic to him.

UGA- Very deep at RB position and has the best running back in the nation. However, Hutson Mason is serviceable at best. They also have a dreadful defense. Plus, it is in Little rock. There is something about that place.

You guys are better than UAB.

LSU- It is just that rivalry magic. LSU doesn't have an offensive identity either, which doesn't help with piss poor qb play.

I know some of your fans think you are going to roll over on the mississippi schools but it is all about match ups. Miss State could possibly have the most dynamic qb in the SEC. They also have a good rb. Defense is gritty but can make mistakes. Ole miss possibly has the best defense in the SEC on all levels. Now, they do have Bo wallace who is incredibly inconsistent sooo it depends. Alabama is just Alabama. They are equipped to match up with the hogs style well.

HF#1

Quote from: FootballFanatic89 on September 28, 2014, 10:41:56 pm
Well, I think you guys can beat UAB, Mizzou, UGA and LSU (Rivalry aspect). Now, it will be 50-50 for the most part but I can see you guys beating those SEC teams.

Mizzou- they are suspect on both sides of the ball. Mauk is inconsistent but at times he has that connor shaw magic to him.

UGA- Very deep at RB position and has the best running back in the nation. However, Hutson Mason is serviceable at best. They also have a dreadful defense. Plus, it is in Little rock. There is something about that place.

You guys are better than UAB.

LSU- It is just that rivalry magic. LSU doesn't have an offensive identity either, which doesn't help with piss poor qb play.

I know some of your fans think you are going to roll over on the mississippi schools but it is all about match ups. Miss State could possibly have the most dynamic qb in the SEC. They also have a good rb. Defense is gritty but can make mistakes. Ole miss possibly has the best defense in the SEC on all levels. Now, they do have Bo wallace who is incredibly inconsistent sooo it depends. Alabama is just Alabama. They are equipped to match up with the hogs style well.

I think Ole Miss is overrated but still a toss up, however I think Mississippi State will be a bad matchup for us and it's in Starkville.  We never play well in Starkville.

I think we beat LSU in a close one and beat the meth out of Mizzou.

If we can slow down Gurley, Georgia is beatable.  Gurley gets them in a lot of good situations.  I like our chances in LR. 

FootballFanatic89

Quote from: HF#1 on September 28, 2014, 10:45:10 pm
I think Ole Miss is overrated but still a toss up, however I think Mississippi State will be a bad matchup for us and it's in Starkville.  We never play well in Starkville.

I think we beat LSU in a close one and beat the meth out of Mizzou.

If we can slow down Gurley, Georgia is beatable.  Gurley gets them in a lot of good situations.  I like our chances in LR.

I am going to be honest with you. There is a lot of teams overrated including my tigers. They haven't played like a top 5 team. If anything they are a top ten team. IMO, the aggies are a top 15 team. I am not buying into the USC hype and I am glad they are finally unranked.

jkstock04

To me this stinks of a trap game for Bama. I mean, realistically looking at it there is no chance in hell we could beat them.

But to me it just has that feeling that it'll get weird. Call me crazy but I think this game may come down to the 4th quarter. I saw this scenario over and over again with HDN coached teams...and this has the same feeling to it. Lost two conference games in a row...everyone thinks we suck, then BAM all of the sudden we sneak up on someone not expecting it.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

HF#1

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 28, 2014, 10:50:57 pm
To me this stinks of a trap game for Bama. I mean, realistically looking at it there is no chance in hell we could beat them.

But to me it just has that feeling that it'll get weird. Call me crazy but I think this game may come down to the 4th quarter. I saw this scenario over and over again with HDN coached teams...and this has the same feeling to it. Lost two conference games in a row...everyone thinks we suck, then BAM all of the sudden we sneak up on someone not expecting it.

When was the last time Bama overlooked anyone?  I don't think Saban overlooks any opponent and I don't think his players do either.

HF#1

Quote from: FootballFanatic89 on September 28, 2014, 10:47:56 pm
I am going to be honest with you. There is a lot of teams overrated including my tigers. They haven't played like a top 5 team. If anything they are a top ten team. IMO, the aggies are a top 15 team. I am not buying into the USC hype and I am glad they are finally unranked.

In the end, I think Alabama comes out ahead of everyone else.  They finally settled on a QB.  Their defense will get better as the year goes on.  I think Auburn would be a better team if the backup QB was playing.  I know Marshall brings them some intangibles but that backup seems to be the real deal.

jkstock04

Quote from: HF#1 on September 28, 2014, 10:58:43 pm
When was the last time Bama overlooked anyone?  I don't think Saban overlooks any opponent and I don't think his players do either.
Oh he will talk us up like they are about to play the Seattle Seahawks. Zero reasoning behind what I said...just a hunch is all. They very well could beat us by 20+ points because if any team has the ability of stuffing our run game cold it's probably Alabama. I just have a weird feeling it's gonna be a close game.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Cartoon Man

Don't get your hopes up.

HF#1

I hope for a good showing at home vs Bama.  Nothing more.  If we happen to come out with a win and or injury free, then great.

elksnort

Amari Cooper will likely have a Heisman performance against us. 

HognVA

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on September 28, 2014, 11:19:44 am
At home, gonna be a big crowd... very emotional group with something to prove.

We have a punchers chance

Agree. Not likely, but possible.

three hog night

Quote from: elksnort on September 29, 2014, 07:08:39 am
Amari Cooper will likely have a Heisman performance against us.

this is my concern too.   Our secondary looks ok for 3 quarters if you look at the stats, but if you look beyond the stats it was not good.  A&M had multiple drops by WR's that were WAY TOO OPEN.  I mean 5 yards behind our secondary "OPEN".  Our safeties are not thinking quick enough and don't have the speed to recover from mistakes.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on September 28, 2014, 11:44:00 am
But let me ask you this... If that run hadn't been called back, and Arkansas had gone up 21 points in the fourth quarter, would you still feel this way?

Arkansas, by all rights, should have whipped A&M's ass yesterday. If that had happened, I think we would all feel a little differently about Alabama.

We should've won by at least 2 TDs.  If not for a tripping call, miles away from the play, and long after Williams was gone from the line of scrimmage, we go up 21 points there and win by at least 2 TDs, if not 3.