Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Now That We Know Where We Stand....

Started by Wright43, September 28, 2014, 10:16:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wright43

What's your predictions of W/L's for the rest of the season?

I say:
Alabama-close game, but I just don't think we're quite over the Alabama hump-Loss
Georgia- I'm not sure why I'm sneaky confident about this game, but I am-Win
UAB-win
Miss State- not sure why I'm scared of them this year, but something has me spooked-Loss
LSU-this one will be a bar fight, and I think we'll have it figured out by then and pull the W-Win
Ole Miss- confident we can handle these boys at home- Win
Mizzou-we got em- Win

So I'm thinking we go 8-4, but I could definitely see 7-5, or 9-3 too. Hopefully I'm way off and we go 10-2!

What do y'all think?

shotgun7

I think every game left is going to be a hard fought battle.... even UAB is pretty salty this year. I could see 8-4 but we got to learn how to close out games and we have to have some better play calling at the end of games :razorback:

Ragnar Hogbrok

Nothing you posted is outside the realm of possibility.  We are trending up, we're just not quite over the top yet.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

LJHOG

Alabama - we stay close until kickoff (L)
Georgia - three turnovers and 2 missed FGs, moral victory(L)
UAB - win
MSU - late in the seasson so maybe they've lost 12 starters and we win.  if not, we dont (L)
LSU - 36000 bored Razorback fans watch Les Miles out dufus Chaney and we win
Ole Miss - Rebs throw 8 WR screens, 7 for touchdowns (L)
MU - too close to call.  Arkansas fans find out the score Monday

Hogwild

QuoteAlabama - we stay close until kickoff (L)
Georgia - three turnovers and 2 missed FGs, moral victory(L)
UAB - win
MSU - late in the seasson so maybe they've lost 12 starters and we win.  if not, we dont (L)

I agree with those 4 but the final 3 are all toss ups in my mind. Could see anywhere between 5&7 regular season wins.

TheGreatHogsby

Alabama=L
Jawja=L
UAB=W
Miss St=L
LSU=L
Ole Miss=W
Mizzou=W

6-6

secfan30

I feel good about 7 wins this year. Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss and even Miss State are all doable and I feel we get 3 of them.

SemperFi

Love your optimism! I think we'll go 7-5 with close loses to Bama, Ole Piss and Miss St. We beat UGA, Mizzou and LSU and of course UAB. The majority of the people here have said five wins at best, but I believe otherwise. In 2015 the SEC will be on their heels and the Hogs will be in control. WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Dark Helmet Hog

6 or 7 wins. The schedule is still brutal.

Dark Helmet Hog

Alabama - It should be different than last year. L
Georgia - I think we can beat them but still a toss up. W
UAB - We will win. W
Miss S - Close game but hard at their place. L
LSU - We can beat them. W
Ole Miss - Most overrated team left on the schedule. We win. W
Mizzou - We will beat them. W

This would be 8-4 and indicates we could have won the East. I still think we will be at 6 or 7 wins probably losing to Georgia even though I have the listed as a W up top.

Danny J

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on September 28, 2014, 11:09:46 am
UAB - We will win. W

This would be 8-4 and indicates we could have won the East. I still think we will be at 6 or 7 wins probably losing to Georgia even though I have the listed as a W up top.
That is very realistic. Very curious to see how this team responds but I honestly think they are not lacking confidence right now and are probably rather angry and have two weeks to rest with no injuries we will have a great chance against Bama.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Danny J on September 28, 2014, 11:12:45 am
That is very realistic. Very curious to see how this team responds but I honestly think they are not lacking confidence right now and are probably rather angry and have two weeks to rest with no injuries we will have a great chance against Bama.

How the team responds is crucial. I hope they're ticked off.

TheGreatHogsby

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on September 28, 2014, 11:14:47 am

I hope they don't get the defeatist attitude like We got last year.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on September 28, 2014, 11:09:46 am
UAB - We will win. W

Will be interesting to see Gurley vs. Williams/Collins/Marshall in LR. I think Gurley is replaced as the best back in 'Merica that weekend.
This is my non-signature signature.

Danny J

Quote from: TheGreatHogsby on September 28, 2014, 11:16:45 am
I hope they don't get the defeatist attitude like We got last year.
No...I don't think they will. I think they will be tired of the way we lost games down the stretch last year and this year.

three hog night

Alabama- Nobody expects us to win, we play loose and it is close into the 4th.  Loss

Georgia- They did not look good against UT but play Vandy and Mizzou before us to gain some confidence.  We get a 2nd week of smash mouth for comfort.  Our QB is a better passer than their QB.  Their Oline is not good.  Our play action will set us  up for a win-Upset ? Win

UAB-WIN

Miss State- They play A&M, AUburn, and KY before they play us. We are not ready to beat a solid SEC team on the road- Loss

LSU- They play FL, KY, Ole Pizz, and Bama before they play us.  Brandon Harris may be able to turn them around, but we have this one at HOME.  They are not that good on the lines-Win

Ole Miss- We have this one at HOME, but they have an open date before us.  This could be the best Def in the SEC.  We are going to see how good they are soon- Next week they play Bama.  Then they play A&M, UT, LSU, AU, a cupcake Presbyterian, and an open date before us.  How do they handle the Bama and LSU power running games? Freeze will have time to scheme for us, but this is at Home.  - Win

Mizzou- They play UGA next so we get to see how they handle our style with a weaker Oline.  After that, they play UF, VU, UK, then A&M and UT right before us- Win

6-6 or 7-5
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

Uberanubis

from what I have gathered form last night, the team is a lil pissed. they feel like the loss is on their shoulders and that the staff did everything to win the game.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

Hogsmo Kramer

I told my dad last night if I were Coach B I'd have walked in that locker room and looked them all in the eye and yelled:

"That pisses me off, are ya'll pissed?! Good you should be! Men you just played a heck of a game but we beat ourselves tonight. I still think you're the better team. I know what you're capable of and I'm glad we're all pissed over that loss. Let that soak in and marinate to the bone. Lets commit to prepare like we've never prepared and two weeks from now we'll unleash hell on Alabama, and let the whole world know just how pissed we are and that Arkansas is the SEC's whipping boy no more!!!"

WPS!!! Unleash hell!!!
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

hoghearted

Quote from: Uberanubis on September 28, 2014, 12:14:41 pm
from what I have gathered form last night, the team is a lil pissed. they feel like the loss is on their shoulders and that the staff did everything to win the game.

Good! A little fire in their bellies might turn it around for them when it comes to SEC play.

While the last couple opponents got blown out, it was good for the Hogs' confidence and morale. Maybe they relaxed mentally just a bit this week after taking the lead, and that was what led to their errors. They won't make the same mistake again, I will wager.

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Wright43

Quote from: TheGreatHogsby on September 28, 2014, 10:57:47 am
Alabama=L
Jawja=L
UAB=W
Miss St=L
LSU=L
Ole Miss=W
Mizzou=W

6-6

I could definitely see this happening. I think the LSU, Ole Miss, Georgia, and Mizzou are all complete toss ups. I just hope we go bowling, because we're talented enough to do it

Hog Milanese

jjdlc

I think with the exception of UAB,every game from here on out is a toss up, with Bama being the least likely win.  We catch them sandwiched between two top ten opponents though, so who knows.

WarPig88

LRrazorback

Lucky to win 5.

Not sure aTm isn't a little overrated after what happened to USC yesterday. I think they lose 3 at least.

I don't know where we'll get that conf win. I'll say mizzou

ifghog

Guys I said 6-6 but man......I am not sure we have enough depth to win a west game. Maybe mizzou. Maybe. 5-7 at best at this point. Like I said before....I predicted 6-6 and TAM was one of my victories.  We just seem to get tired late in the game. That's a lack of depth. Nothing more. We are recruiting our way out of this. I am confident we will be a different team in a short period of time.

code red

I say....we are going to have difficulty winning without being able to throw when we have to.  Our passing game is non existant without play action..thats not good. 5-7 we beat GA.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on September 28, 2014, 12:35:53 pm
I told my dad last night if I were Coach B I'd have walked in that locker room and looked them all in the eye and yelled:

"That pisses me off, are ya'll pissed?! Good you should be! Men you just played a heck of a game but we beat ourselves tonight. I still think you're the better team. I know what you're capable of and I'm glad we're all pissed over that loss. Let that soak in and marinate to the bone. Lets commit to prepare like we've never prepared and two weeks from now we'll unleash hell on Alabama, and let the whole world know just how pissed we are and that Arkansas is the SEC's whipping boy no more!!!"

WPS!!! Unleash hell!!!
That's all well and good but...we were pooped in the 4th qtr.  Bama's depth will bury us.  Secondary...not much better.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Bebop

It is going to be a long season if we can't close out games.

HF#1

I think we upset Georgia, beat LSU and Mizzou.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Cartoon Man

They should be pissed.  Skipper should give a public apology for costing this team twice with bonehead decisions.

IntegrityHog

Wright43

Quote from: IntegrityHog on September 28, 2014, 11:19:14 pm
Tough schedule.

No doubt. Every SEC schedule is a tough schedule, and when you have the toughest in the SEC--forget about it. That's why I think 6-6 would be a hugely successful season. Any other conference and making a bowl game wouldn't be in doubt.

Trottsky

I was a solid 4-8 guy before the season began, but gotta say now it looks like 6 wins would be within the realm of possibility, with 7 not unattainable if they get any breaks at all.

redeye

Quote from: Wright43 on September 28, 2014, 10:16:41 am
What's your predictions of W/L's for the rest of the season?

I say:
Alabama-close game, but I just don't think we're quite over the Alabama hump-Loss
Georgia- I'm not sure why I'm sneaky confident about this game, but I am-Win
UAB-win
Miss State- not sure why I'm scared of them this year, but something has me spooked-Loss
LSU-this one will be a bar fight, and I think we'll have it figured out by then and pull the W-Win
Ole Miss- confident we can handle these boys at home- Win
Mizzou-we got em- Win

So I'm thinking we go 8-4, but I could definitely see 7-5, or 9-3 too. Hopefully I'm way off and we go 10-2!

What do y'all think?

I don't like doing this stuff, but nonetheless, that looks good to me.  I'll also note that I think the MSU game may be the toughest left on our schedule, because it's in Starkville.

Arkfan

I wish I shared some of yall's enthusiasm.

The only one I feel comfortable calling a win would be UAB.

I know that sounds negative and I dont mean for it to be but think about those teams. Theyre all ranked or have been at some point, other than UAB of course.

Several of them throw the ball around which always gives us trouble and at least Bama and Georgia have more talent and depth. I havent watched them play this year but Ole Miss is supposed to be pretty salty on defense as is MSU.

I hope its as easy as some of you seem to think it will be but Im not so sure.

AllHog90

Quote from: Cartoon Man on September 28, 2014, 11:08:54 pm
They should be pissed.  Skipper should give a public apology for costing this team twice with bonehead decisions.

No, he should not. He's a 19 year old KID (despite his size). I can promise you no one is going to be harder on Dan Skipper than Dan Skipper. Bielema will address it, correct it, and we will move forward. Dan will continue to improve fundamentally as will the Hogs. Skipper owes no public apology, only one to his team and I would bet my home on him already having done that many times.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: code red on September 28, 2014, 09:17:00 pm
That's all well and good but...we were pooped in the 4th qtr.  Bama's depth will bury us.  Secondary...not much better.

Maybe, maybe not.

We have two weeks to rest up, prepare, and fix what went wrong last Saturday including looking at rotations to keep our guys fresh.

Alabama's defensive secondary is unusually vulnerable this year from what I've seen so we may be able to pass just enough to allow our run game to keep moving and possibly hit some downfield plays here and there.

As far as our secondary yes there is still a lot of room for improvement but they are getting better. They're breaking on the ball better and doing a better job of positioning themselves to high point and fight for jump balls. Overall I think they've looked much improved.

Our main weakness there is allowing receivers to get behind us and overcommitting on underneath routes only to get beat over the top on a double move. As a result we are still susceptible to giving up big plays.

The good news is part of that equation is a discipline and technique issue that can fixed but the bad news is that the talent gap can't. IMO we will struggle with their O at times but I think we can keep them at bay just enough to make it a game.

If our O can solve some of it's inconsistency issues and we can limit the mental mistakes and turnovers with the D doing just enough then I think we've got a decent shot given the time we have to prepare and the fact it's at home.

Who knows though I could be wrong. Some may consider me too optimistic but as a born pessimist for some reason I think we've got a better than average shot at an upset.

Just a gut feeling but then again it could just be gas.  :)

Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Chief Mac

Alabama=L
UGA=W
UAB=W
Miss St=L
LSU=W
Ole Miss=W
Mizzou=W

8-4

I will caveat this with it will depend how we play versus Bama.  If we give them a game this year, then I think we have the mental toughness to get over the TAMU game.  If we get the brakes beat off of us.....the wheels will fall off
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

MJ2

We're greatly improved.   4-8 for the year.   Was 3-9.

Wright43

Quote from: Arkfan on September 29, 2014, 08:10:23 am
I wish I shared some of yall's enthusiasm.

The only one I feel comfortable calling a win would be UAB.

I know that sounds negative and I dont mean for it to be but think about those teams. Theyre all ranked or have been at some point, other than UAB of course.

Several of them throw the ball around which always gives us trouble and at least Bama and Georgia have more talent and depth. I havent watched them play this year but Ole Miss is supposed to be pretty salty on defense as is MSU.

I hope its as easy as some of you seem to think it will be but Im not so sure.

UAB is the only one I'm for sure calling a win. But out of Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss, and Mizzou I'm confident we get at least 1-2 wins, with 3-4 definitely doable though maybe not overly likely. I even think the Mississippi State game could be a possible win, especially if it were at home, but since it's on the road I'm predicting a loss. The only game I feel 90%+ confident that we'll lose is Bama, and even then us winning wouldn't be the craziest thing....

Kendall

We beat UAB and lose the rest.  4-8 for the year 1 game ahead of my preseason prediction.  Defense is improved from last year but cant bail out the offense when it stalls repeatedly.

Steef

I've said 7-5 since  mid summer. No reason to change it now.

ifghog

Quote from: MJ2 on September 29, 2014, 11:48:05 am
We're greatly improved.   4-8 for the year.   Was 3-9.
We are greatly improved and I see where you are coming from but...I believe we will get 1-2 games in the SEC. I think we are just to good not too. To be honest I would be happy with 6-6 but would take 5-7. I do see the plan and think next year will be a 8-9 win year.

Pig In The City

Quote from: TheGreatHogsby on September 28, 2014, 10:57:47 am
Alabama=L
Jawja=L
UAB=W
Miss St=L
LSU=L
Ole Miss=W
Mizzou=W

6-6

I agree with 6-6. Tough, tough, tough schedule and realistically we are at best a year away. We are too young with depth issues in many areas. We will however keep getting better and better.

code red

Think we win at Mizzou and beat OM at home with a renta win with UAB. 6-6.

PorkSoda

before the season I thought 7 wins.

but every season, every game, I think we are going to win out.

so, I'm going with 10 wins, minimum 8
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

hellwonthaveme

This team loses one more game this year. Just one

PRJ

rljjr

I think we're good enough to win all of them. The question is how we execute. I'm going to say we win all but Bama.

PorkRinds

Jeeze.  I'm a sunshine pumper, but win the rest of the games?  I think we have a good chance at 4 more wins, and 5 would be stellar.  But we could win 1-2 more.  Not a chance we win out, or even win out after Bama.