Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Most painful loss since

Started by IllinoisRazorbackFan, September 28, 2014, 08:05:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

IllinoisRazorbackFan

This is the most painful loss I can remember since the 2010 Bama game.  Hopefully we can go on a roll and make this a 10-2 or 9-3 season. 

Dark Helmet Hog

To me this was more like the Florida loss in 2009. At least I felt the same after.

WarPig88

N HOG

Our LAST THREE conference losses have been emotionally devastating - brutal.

hogfansince1964

1 hog n eldo

grayhawg

The James Street touchdown pass to lift Texas over us 15 to 14 in 1969 after we had dominated the entire game.

pfrg999

Auburn.. all of the last two years.. ULM LSU USCe ...BAMA last 5 years..Miss St.. Ol Piss.. TAMU twice.... Same ol same ol.
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

hogfansince1964

Quote from: grayhawg on September 28, 2014, 08:29:05 am
The James Street touchdown pass to lift Texas over us 15 to 14 in 1969 after we had dominated the entire game.

It wasn't a touchdown pass but it might as well have been. :(

Cowtown Hog

WardamnHOGGLE

grayhawg

Quote from: hogfansince1964 on September 28, 2014, 08:36:49 am
It wasn't a touchdown pass but it might as well have been. :(

Your right, my bad it was a run 2 plays later.

hogchic2001

Go HOGS Go!

bigred223

When we lost to Auburn this year, I wasn't that upset. I felt like they just played better than we did in the second half. This game made me sick to my stomach because it was ours and we didn't seize it.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on September 28, 2014, 08:07:49 am
To me this was more like the Florida loss in 2009. At least I felt the same after.

Well, that loss was harder because it was dictated by the league office. 

It may be said that the tripping foul was an infraction the Zebras were looking for, or the false start on them, the play they scored on was one they averted their eyes from, but all in all this was a squarely called game; something of an anomaly in recent history. 

hogchic2001

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 28, 2014, 08:56:49 am
Well, that loss was harder because it was dictated by the league office. 

It may be said that the tripping foul was an infraction the Zebras were looking for, or the false start on them, the play they scored on was one they averted their eyes from, but all in all this was a squarely called game; something of an anomaly in recent history. 
Yup
Go HOGS Go!

N HOG

Didn't mean to include Auburn game in last three - Miss State, LSU and A&M - all games we let slip away at the end.

CallThemHawgs!

Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl

That one hurt

bphi11ips

I didn't like the way we lost, but I loved the way we played.  Didn't think it was painful at all.  What I find painful are the embarrassing scores, and we've had lots of those over the last 3 years.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

SPAL

We now own the longest conference losing streak in the country. They all hurt.

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

hoghiker

The lost hurts. I'm proud of my team. Take the positives and hope the negatives get left in Dallas.       

RazorbackRon

Quote from: IllinoisRazorbackFan on September 28, 2014, 08:05:28 am
This is the most painful loss I can remember since the 2010 Bama game.  Hopefully we can go on a roll and make this a 10-2 or 9-3 season. 

YOU spewed nothing but hate and venom for the Razorbacks yesterday in the Vents thread. 

Question ...WHEN was the last time you attended a Razorback game in person?

#IhateTheHaters
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

Mike_e

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 28, 2014, 09:30:44 am
I didn't like the way we lost, but I loved the way we played.  Didn't think it was painful at all.  What I find painful are the embarrassing scores, and we've had lots of those over the last 3 years.

This.

It's kind of like having your house go through a hurricane.  We may have lost the shingles but at least this time we weren't blown to oblivion.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Redhogs

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 28, 2014, 09:32:51 am
We now own the longest conference losing streak in the country. They all hurt.
Thank-you.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

coastalrazorback

I agree with the OP.

The fact that this game should've been won and we pissed it away really hurts. Then when you add the facts that we have to stew over this with a bye week and we follow that bye with Bama...ugh.

I just hope this doesn't destroy team psyche. I would still be excited with a bowl at the end of the season, but man. I still can't even think of yesterday's game without getting frustrated.

wupigsuey

Quote from: RazorbackRon on September 28, 2014, 09:56:48 am
YOU spewed nothing but hate and venom for the Razorbacks yesterday in the Vents thread. 

#IhateTheHaters

Yeah, dude just put up a post bashing BA that got taken down about as fast as it went up. I'd think he'd be excited the Hogs lost. It fits right in with his agenda.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

RazorbackRon

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

Torqued pork

Huckleberry Pig

still hurts this morning.  i'm sure the players feel ten times worse.  hopefully that fuels them the next two weeks when preparing for Bama.

Tough loss but dayum it feels good to be back

IllinoisRazorbackFan

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 28, 2014, 12:07:56 pm
still hurts this morning.  i'm sure the players feel ten times worse.  hopefully that fuels them the next two weeks when preparing for Bama.

Tough loss but dayum it feels good to be back
Back?   We haven't won a single conference game in years, what is your definition of back?

three hog night

Quote from: IllinoisRazorbackFan on September 28, 2014, 12:14:25 pm
Back?   We haven't won a single conference game in years, what is your definition of back?

Why do you have an avatar that is disrespectful to our coach? 
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

IllinoisRazorbackFan

Quote from: three hog night on September 28, 2014, 12:16:52 pm
Why do you have an avatar that is disrespectful to our coach?
Because it's awesome and doesn't break any rules. 

Cartoon Man

The hogs have had their share of heart wrenching losses.

mckinneyhog5

I'm sure as soon as we win a conference game you'll change your tune to.."we've only won one conference game in x number of years."
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

010HogFan

My definition of back is how I feel this morning. Completely in shock and disbelief. It's not the result we wanted, but dang it it feels good to care about the result of a game again. The past 2 years have been spelled by complete apathy. We haven't won a conference game, but the direction of the program is very encouraging for once. I think that's what has returned for the first time since Petrino. We will win a couple SEC games this season IMO.

TheGreatHogsby

IllinoisRazorbackFan

Quote from: 010HogFan on September 28, 2014, 12:21:41 pm
My definition of back is how I feel this morning. Completely in shock and disbelief. It's not the result we wanted, but dang it it feels good to care about the result of a game again. The past 2 years have been spelled by complete apathy. We haven't won a conference game, but the direction of the program is very encouraging for once. I think that's what has returned for the first time since Petrino. We will win a couple SEC games this season IMO.
Agreed, it's a painful loss and we definitely look like we can make some noise in the SEC.  The future looks bright but I can't consider us back until we at least win a game. 

IllinoisRazorbackFan

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 28, 2014, 12:21:03 pm
I'm sure as soon as we win a conference game you'll change your tune to.."we've only won one conference game in x number of years."
Nope, I will be very excited, as long as it happens this season.  I think it will. 

sechog

This lose hurt more than other in recent history becuase we actually have a team that can compete and win games in the SEC. We are still young and still have to learn how to win. This coaching staff brought us this far and expect them to continue to improve this team.

Razorback_Mack

2011 LSU. Losing a game that could possibly get you a shot to play for the NC always hurts the most. We we're down a TD in the 4th

RazorbackRon

#IhateTheHaters

IllinoisFan, Please answer the question above.

#IthinkYOUareAhater

alohawg

Quote from: Cartoon Man on September 28, 2014, 12:19:00 pm
The hogs have had their share of heart wrenching losses.

Sure have, it's time for the pendulum to swing back the other way.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

IllinoisRazorbackFan

Quote from: RazorbackRon on September 28, 2014, 12:57:48 pm
IllinoisFan, Please answer the question above.

#IthinkYOUareAhater
2010 vs LSU @  Little Rock.  You?

IllinoisRazorbackFan

#IhateTheHaters
Exaggerate much? I said that we didn't deserve to win after A&M scored in OT and we should down the ball, which was the truth.  I also asked who's getting fired over the loss.  i had a lot of posts in the compliment thread, look it up.  Venom and hate You're a bigger lying sack of you know what than a politican.

BooM!  Owned!

RazorbackRon

Quote from: IllinoisRazorbackFan on September 28, 2014, 01:23:26 pm
2010 vs LSU @  Little Rock.  You?

Last week at Northern Illinois.  Before that the Nichols State game.  Season ticket holder at RRS and LR since 1988.   

#IstillBelieveYOUareAhater

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: RazorbackRon on September 28, 2014, 01:28:02 pm
Last week at Northern Illinois.  Before that the Nichols State game.  Season ticket holder at RRS and LR since 1988.   

Best case scenario is, he's a bandwagon fan.

IllinoisRazorbackFan

Quote from: RazorbackRon on September 28, 2014, 01:28:02 pm

What's that mean though?  You're a better fan then me just because I live out of state and make a lot more money than you do?  lol.  Congrats.

RazorbackRon

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 28, 2014, 01:29:22 pm
If anything he's definitely a bandwagon fan.

I've sat through Jack Crowe, Danny Ford, HDN, and Smiley.  I have never criticized a coach (except for HDN) or a player.   IllinoisFan sits in front of his TV and does nothing but complain and criticize.

Win, Lose or Tie (yea, there used t be ties)
I'm A Razorback Fan till I Die.

No matter the coach ...no matter the record.