Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If Collins goes left instead of right on the overtime 4th and 2 it's a TD.

Started by swinesation, September 27, 2014, 11:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

swinesation

Arinze had a hell of a block. For whatever reason, Alex went to the wrong side.

Uberanubis

from what I understand Collins made a couple bad reads. we still had opportunities before the over time period, and should have capitalized then. im sure he will hit the film room and learn form what he did wrong and grow as a player.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

The_Bionic_Pig

Re-watch it Collins reversed field after going LEFT was stack (no holes) Aggie D-Linemen.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

DezNuttstehsuq

Quote from: swinesation on September 27, 2014, 11:22:07 pm

yep noticed that as well, if he had planted and hit arinze's outside hip he was gone.  Arinze hit that dude so hard he had no idea where he was.  AC could have strolled by him.

Snouty

And if I'd invested $1,000 in Wal-Mart stock in 1972 I'd be a millionaire today.

ballz2thewall

collins left hundreds of yards on the field last year for the exact same thing.  i posted it often and it was ill received.  the rutgers game in particular; he had at least two breakaways right in front of him with a simple bounce and i'll be darned if he didn't bounce right in to traffic when the field was wide open.

i keep hearing "great vision".  well.........., yeah.......sometimes.

but, at or behind the line of scrimmage, penetrate, THEN cut.
The rest of the frog.

ricepig

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on September 27, 2014, 11:28:04 pm
Re-watch it Collins reversed field after going LEFT was stack (no holes) Aggie D-Linemen.

Hmm, I watched it again, he could have bullied his way to a first down, maybe. There was a push in the hole, but it was not a TD, maybe not a gain of 2yds.

Letsroll1200

HogShat

If Mamaw had nuts she'd be Papaw. Spread the formation out a little bit and give him room to work instead of having to run thru so much traffic all jumbled up in one spot.

swinesation

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on September 27, 2014, 11:28:04 pm

I've watched it several times. If he plants and cuts behind Arinze, it's six.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: swinesation on September 28, 2014, 10:45:36 am
I've watched it several times. If he plants and cuts behind Arinze, it's six.

Well I'll go with what you say If you've seen it several times....I was going off of memory from the replay.  Appreciate the correction swine ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

DukeOfPork

There was no way we were going to win in overtime, regardless of how that play turned out.

Nosboar Accubond

wendellgee

Quote from: HogShat on September 28, 2014, 07:17:34 am
If Mamaw had nuts she'd be Papaw. Spread the formation out a little bit and give him room to work instead of having to run thru so much traffic all jumbled up in one spot.
This. I hate that bunched up formation.

DOGALUM

A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

hawgbawb

Quote from: swinesation on September 27, 2014, 11:22:07 pm
that is unusual. he usually has great vision
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

Uberanubis

Quote from: DOGALUM on September 28, 2014, 04:26:29 pm
This is a stupid thread. 

well thanks for that insightful input to a thread you entered and commented on.... YOU'RE COOL!!!
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

Josh Goforth

thought the same thing after watching it again. If its a 3rd down play in the middle of the field and he bounces out its no big deal, but 4th and 2 with the game on the line he just needs to lower the shoulder and dive for the first down.

PorkerOinker

Why would you go back and re-watch it??? It's not like you get to go to practice this week and show them their mistakes.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

Josh Goforth

Quote from: PorkerOinker on September 28, 2014, 04:44:37 pm
Why would you go back and re-watch it??? It's not like you get to go to practice this week and show them their mistakes.
Good post porker never would have thought of that if you didnt mention it, any other astounding observations?

DeltaBoy

Replay made me sicker ,we had several shots to score in the 4th and put the game away, but we miss holes,blocks, and throws.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PorkerOinker

Quote from: jg8417 on September 28, 2014, 05:22:59 pm
Good post porker never would have thought of that if you didnt mention it, any other astounding observations?

Awww, I'm sorry didn't mean to her your feeling :(
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

Danny J

Quote from: Uberanubis on September 27, 2014, 11:25:45 pm
from what I understand Collins made a couple bad reads. we still had opportunities before the over time period, and should have capitalized then. im sure he will hit the film room and learn form what he did wrong and grow as a player.
He did a few times. He is a great back but like all good backs they tend to choose wrong now and a again.

hoglady

I like JWill in those short yardage situations - he's just so dang hard to bring down.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

WorfHog

This team should be able to handle any short yard situation with ease.

chitwnhog

Quote from: Uberanubis on September 28, 2014, 04:35:44 pm
well thanks for that insightful input to a thread you entered and commented on.... YOU'RE COOL!!!

He has a valid point. Collins had 131yrds rushing a 6.2yrd average and leads the SEC in rushing but lets just go ahead and bash him...yeah....it's the Hogville way.

trashcan maN

Hes 5'10 at best. He cant see the LBs on that play so he had no way of knowing that if he bounced it hed be gone. On 4th and a little over a yard, youre not looking to bounce outside.

You cant question a RBs vision when youre watching the play in All22