Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ohio State Coach Bodyslams Streaker To Hell

Started by SwazyHog, September 27, 2014, 10:45:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SwazyHog

"I felt like I owed it to the state. They let me come in and transfer here to Arkansas, and I felt like it wouldn't be fair after one year to just up and leave."

"This is your Public Service Announcement  for 2010: Remember, No One's Buckass Snitshit Crazier Than Arkansas Fans."

hog.goblin

Dr. Starcs

Obviously wasnt Chris ash. He woulda missed the tackle.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: hog.goblin on September 27, 2014, 11:00:31 pm

I see a lawsuit in the near future

Lol....yeah, be interesting to see how this plays out.

The streaker appeared to be done for the evening....probably didn't make the field again that night.  Looked like he was favoring his left arm, & dazed....while he was being horse-collared from the field.  They certainly didn't examine him first, or call for a stretcher.  Guess they figured he was well enough to leave the field with assistance.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Wild Bill Hog

Bet the idiot was sore the next day.  Must have made his parents real proud.

DeltaBoy

Solid Tackle !  What a Moron for getting out on the field like that.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Boarcephus

Quote from: hog.goblin on September 27, 2014, 11:00:31 pm
I see a lawsuit in the near future

Also see shoulder surgery to go along with that.  He came down hard on it.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

RyeHogFan

I thought you had to be naked to be streaking

Rzbakfromwaybak

If that guy is stupid enough to try this streaking thing again, got a tip for him.

Be sure to go to a game where it's raining, & on a natural turf field.  You should land a little softer....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

DeltaBoy

Coach should get a offer to be on Smack Down.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

The_Iceman

"Rock Bottom....Rock Bottom....Rock Bottom!!!"

The_Iceman

"Rock Bottom....Rock Bottom....Rock Bottom!!!"

DeltaBoy

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  50m
Body-slammed Ohio State student loses scholarship | http://ow.ly/CahiX

QuoteAnthony Wunder, 21, is in the process of being removed from the Evan Scholars program, his attorney, Mark Collins, told the Associated Press...

Wunder, a fourth-year engineering student, has pleaded not guilty in Franklin County Municipal Court. The Evans Scholars is a scholarship program for former golf caddies.

QuoteDo you stand for *goodness*, or - for *badness*?
-- Judge Smails
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

hog.goblin

clutch

Dude got wrecked for the whole world to see and then lost his scholarship. Idiot.

Also saw where Meyer said he had a "semi-serious" conversation with the coach about trying to avoid lawsuits from now on. Then gave him the hit club award or something that they give players for big hits haha.

PorkSoda

streaker?  looked like he had clothes on to me.  thankfully.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 30, 2014, 09:12:09 am
Solid Tackle !  What a Moron for getting out on the field like that.

Exactly. Idiot deserved what he got.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on October 01, 2014, 12:21:24 pm
AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  50m
Body-slammed Ohio State student loses scholarship | http://ow.ly/CahiX
-- Judge Smails

Report that he will get his scholarship back for his last year of undergrad but have to move out of the "Caddy Shack".
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

hog.goblin

I suspect the attorney said reinstate the scholarship or we'll file assult charges.

Idiot though he may be, running along the sidelines, fully dressed, does NOT give an OSU employee the right to use any force necessary to remove him off the field.

The kid got jacked up, and I don't have a problem with that (it was certainly a risk) so much as the careless regard when they immediately yanked him off the field.  If he had broken a collarbone, or sustained a concussion, the results could have been disastrous for OSU.

H&D

\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

PorkRinds

Quote from: hog.goblin on October 03, 2014, 10:55:16 am
I suspect the attorney said reinstate the scholarship or we'll file assult charges.

Idiot though he may be, running along the sidelines, fully dressed, does NOT give an OSU employee the right to use any force necessary to remove him off the field.

The kid got jacked up, and I don't have a problem with that (it was certainly a risk) so much as the careless regard when they immediately yanked him off the field.  If he had broken a collarbone, or sustained a concussion, the results could have been disastrous for OSU.

You sure about that?

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 03, 2014, 12:33:41 pm
You sure about that?
PorkHinds, too bad no one body slammed Chris "Ohio $tate" Ash

hog.goblin

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 03, 2014, 12:33:41 pm
You sure about that?

Yes.

Did the OSU coach have the right to pull out a gun and shoot him?  There is a line that is going too far.  It might not have been the tackle itself. But I guarantee you if he had been seriously injured and THEN jerked up and hurt more he has crossed that line.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hog.goblin on October 03, 2014, 07:06:00 pm
Yes.

Did the OSU coach have the right to pull out a gun and shoot him?  There is a line that is going too far.  It might not have been the tackle itself. But I guarantee you if he had been seriously injured and THEN jerked up and hurt more he has crossed that line.

Obviously he can't use any force necessary. He can't kill the guy. But tackling him is pretty light duty if you ask me. If you crash a football game, expect to be tackled.

jbcarol

The Ohio State University student who ran onto the football field Saturday night might not lose his full scholarship after all, according to the association that sponsors the program.

Anthony Wunder, 21, is an Evans Scholar, a program for golf caddies.

On Saturday night, he ran onto the Ohio Stadium field during the Buckeyes game against the Cincinnati Bearcats and was swiftly tackled by former OSU linebacker Anthony Schlegel, now an assistant coach.

QuoteWunder was charged with criminal trespassing. His attorney, Mark C. Collins, pleaded not guilty on his behalf in Franklin County Municipal Court. A pretrial hearing is scheduled for Oct. 16.

Criminal trespassing is a fourth-degree misdemeanor punishable by no more than 30 days in jail.

Jeff Harrison, senior vice president for education at the Evans Scholars Foundation, said yesterday that Wunder has been suspended from all activities involving the program. He was asked to move out of the Evans Scholars house on E. 16th Avenue but has not had his scholarship taken away, Harrison said.

Wunder, a fourth-year student in a five-year mechanical-engineering program, remains enrolled at Ohio State.

"We're doing an internal review and gathering as much information as we can before we make a final determination on his scholarship," Harrison said.

Evans Scholars have a code of conduct they must follow, Harrison said. He didn't specify what part of that code Wunder might have broken.

Scholars are required to have a strong caddie record and excellent academics and to demonstrate financial need, according to the organization's website. They also must be "outstanding in character, integrity and leadership."

"Anthony is a very nice young man," Harrison said. "We're very disappointed in the incident, and he knows he made a very big mistake."

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  22 hours ago

Body-slammed Ohio State student fined $100, must undergo counseling | http://ow.ly/CSfTr

QuoteThe Ohio State student was body-slammed by an assistant coach after running on the field earlier this season has been fined $100... 21-year-old Anthony Wunder has also been ordered to undergo counseling. He appeared in Franklin County Municipal Court on Thursday morning, and was given a relatively light sentence due to his age and lack of criminal history.

"I made a mistake, and it was very poor judgment," Wunder said.

Wunder had been in danger of losing his place in the Evans Scholars Program, but will keep it if he complies with his sentence, according to the report. However, he is not allowed to live in the group's housing or participate in program activities during the course of his sentence.

Wunder's attorney, Mark Collins, said Wunder was not seriously injured in the incident. He also would not pursue legal action against Schlegel, whom even Buckeyes head coach Urban Meyer admitted overreacted a bit in being so rough with Wunder.

"He felt a little sore, but nothing that would amount to anything," Collins said. "As far as we're concerned, this case is over."

hog.goblin

That's called a settlement.  We'll (the OSU) go light on you and you don't sue our idiot coach.

HogScoutMaster

someone needs to hire this man ASAP, teach our boys a thing or two
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on September 28, 2014, 07:58:48 am
Obviously wasnt Chris ash. He woulda missed the tackle.

He would have still been 15 yards away
This is my non-signature signature.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Maybe it's just me, but I thought that coach saw an opportunity to smack around some punk. Just the way it looked to me. Dumb as the kid was for doing it he appeared he had done all he was gonna do. 
Let's make some waves.