Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scathing story on SEC officiating

Started by JHicks3636, October 26, 2014, 08:16:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

UAfanatic

It is time for the poor SEC to scrape together enough money to have full time referees who would have time during the week to watch tape of each other and critique each other to get better every game.

The SEC has seemingly always (since we have been members) protected their best chances for national champions.

The idea of full time would only help if it were just a few refs that do this on their own, and not if it's a systemic sickness that may permeate SEC.

I still think reviews by their peers would be a huge help, as they would never listen to fans or coaches.

Rocky Mountain Living

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 29, 2014, 05:12:23 pm
Who's drunk? I was kidding and you couldn't tell..............................maybe you're the drunken one.

My bad....apologize for my rude response....I could not...lesson learned...have a great day!

Rocky Mountain Living

I can't believe of all the CFB fans in the world out there

....Arkansas fans are not more upset with how their money and time is respected....

well, I guess maybe we are just so used to being screwed over in rigged games????

and we think being part of the SEC is rigged in our favor????

my personal experience of Money deciding wins and losses....officials being suspended in Gainesville in 09 still upsets me to this day....personally, I spent a lot of $$$ and time to be at that game

...I didn't even play that game or put my body in harm's way that day.

I won't vigorously defend the corporate influence over a flipping KID'S game....

hogsanity

Quote from: UAfanatic on October 29, 2014, 05:28:31 pm
It is time for the poor SEC to scrape together enough money to have full time referees

Full time referees only make a difference if you think SEC refs are just bad refs.  The article in the OP basically says they are DIRTY, getting orders on calls from the SEC office. 

Bad refs, sure, refs are humans and some humans are better at their jobs than others, but I have never bought the argument that SEC refs are cheating to decide game outcomes. There is too much money at stake to risk bringing down the whole thing by trying to fix games. For the last decade+, the SEC was GUARANTEED a spot in a bcs game which means they were guaranteed that money. A 2nd team from a conf did not get a full bcs share, so that argument is pretty weak.  Now, with the playoff, a sec team with 1, maybe even 2 losses is getting in, so again no need to try to rig games for certain teams.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

UAfanatic

Quote from: hogsanity on October 30, 2014, 08:25:40 am
Full time referees only make a difference if you think SEC refs are just bad refs.  The article in the OP basically says they are DIRTY, getting orders on calls from the SEC office. 

Bad refs, sure, refs are humans and some humans are better at their jobs than others, but I have never bought the argument that SEC refs are cheating to decide game outcomes. There is too much money at stake to risk bringing down the whole thing by trying to fix games. For the last decade+, the SEC was GUARANTEED a spot in a bcs game which means they were guaranteed that money. A 2nd team from a conf did not get a full bcs share, so that argument is pretty weak.  Now, with the playoff, a sec team with 1, maybe even 2 losses is getting in, so again no need to try to rig games for certain teams.

I was always suspicious of the Ark / Fla of the refs protecting the undefeated SEC team.. but I was for the side that got jobbed..  But the Alabama / LSU game in 09 where I had no dog really  tipped the balance toward the SEC refs protecting the team that is supposed to win..

But the bigger example is basketball.. where the overwhelming home team advantage is a national epidemic, not just SEC.  I've read the articles stating that the Refs are in fear to call against the home team because of the close proximity of the fans, but in half the arenas in the SEC there are no fans.. it's practically empty.  (which negates the idea that the home team advantage is not the refs)

The Refs need lessons on consistent application of the rules.

just call it evenly for both sides. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Rocky Mountain Living on October 30, 2014, 06:55:39 am
My bad....apologize for my rude response....I could not...lesson learned...have a great day!

No problem. With all the feces on here sometimes it's difficult to know when a poster is or is not serious!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hogsanity

Quote from: UAfanatic on October 30, 2014, 08:57:47 am

but I was for the side that got jobbed.. 

I will show you about 62 FBS teams that will gripe about the refs this Sat, and 60 of them will have one thing in common---their team will end the game with fewer points than their opponent.

You are correct about consistent enforcement of the rules, but to me that is being a bad ref, not a dirty ref.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Country Stylz

They protected Florida in 09 when we played them. Protected Auburn in '10. Screwed us vs Auburn in '03 when we were undefeated. Did it again vs Fla that same year. At LSU in '09 when they said Ridley was out of bounds. I could do this all day. Dennis Johnson didn't fumble vs LSU in '11 with a National Title birth on the line. His ass was on the ground. Danielson was like "Oh yeah that's definately a fumble." BS

hogsanity

Quote from: Country Stylz on October 30, 2014, 11:11:44 am
I could do this all day.

I am sure you think the Hogs would have beaten USC in LA in 2005 if only the refs had been fair, and Miami in 87 in LR too.

hogsanity

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 30, 2014, 01:53:15 pm
I was at the 2005 USC game...

I knew it was over before the game started when I noticed players taking pictures of the Coliseum and goofing off. 
Mentally our team were tourists that day. 

No one in their right mind thought the Hogs had a chance that night.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 30, 2014, 01:53:15 pm
I was at the 2005 USC game...

I knew it was over before the game started when I noticed players taking pictures of the Coliseum and goofing off. 
Mentally our team were tourists that day. 

Shouldnt have been southern cal athletes fold under pressure.

Danny J

Quote from: UAfanatic on October 30, 2014, 08:57:47 am
I was always suspicious of the Ark / Fla of the refs protecting the undefeated SEC team.. but I was for the side that got jobbed..  But the Alabama / LSU game in 09 where I had no dog really  tipped the balance toward the SEC refs protecting the team that is supposed to win..

But the bigger example is basketball.. where the overwhelming home team advantage is a national epidemic, not just SEC.  I've read the articles stating that the Refs are in fear to call against the home team because of the close proximity of the fans, but in half the arenas in the SEC there are no fans.. it's practically empty.  (which negates the idea that the home team advantage is not the refs)

just call it evenly for both sides.
Agreed....the regional refs the SEC uses are terrible, for the most part, and is much more of a problem than football. The reason it is brought up in football more than basketball is because more people watch and more $$$$ are involved.

forrest city joe

Quote from: hogsanity on October 30, 2014, 04:13:58 pm
Ah, finally quit throwing up long enough over something to jump in I see. And again as with every Hog loss since you were born, you blame the refs. The refs did not cost the Hogs the Hogs the bama game, no one of sound mind thins that they did.  Fumble out of the end zone, blocked PAt, 2 dropped easy ints, a fumble inside our own 30, and a late pick cost the Hogs that game.   
Bullcrap! that call on Skipper when the guy hit him in the face twice, may have cost us points.that was bs and you know it. your act of defending this crap has gotten old. im sick and tired of it. and sick and tired of you.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 30, 2014, 04:28:35 pm
Bullcrap! that call on Skipper when the guy hit him in the face twice, may have cost us points.that was bs and you know it. your act of defending this crap has gotten old. im sick and tired of it. and sick and tired of you.

FCJ, fumbles are a bad thing, obviously

Rzbakfromwaybak

Well, interesting.  One thing is for sure......SEC officiating needs to improve, no excuses.

One of his ideas is really stupid.  He said...."get rid of replay".  Now why in the world would we do that??  That is just asking for more missed calls.  The replay is available to the fans watching TV at home....why wouldn't you use it to make the game called fairly? 
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.