Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ramsey

Started by collegestationhog, September 27, 2014, 10:15:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

collegestationhog

What happened to Ramsey. I thought he was cleared to play.

ricepig

Looked like it was Ellis and Spaight all game to me.

TMc

From just reading the coaches interviews over the past few weeks.., it seems he doesn't fit into the game plan as much against spread teams for some reason. They (coaches) made mention of that this week.  I bet he plays a ton against Bama, Georgia,  LSU, and State.

OnTheHillHogFan

He didn't travel to Dallas
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Letsroll1200

We just didn't get what was needed out of the LB position. How many plays did 51 make in the game?

hawgaddict

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on September 28, 2014, 06:57:00 am
We just didn't get what was needed out of the LB position. How many plays did 51 make in the game?

None!! Maybe the most disappointing player on the team so far this year. I really thought he would make big improvements from year 1 to 2, but, IMO, he is a liability instead. He chooses the wrong gap more times than not, often whiffs on 1 on 1 tackles, and my biggest problem with him, and we saw it several times yesterday, is lack of play recognition. First play of overtime he bites on a soft PA or fake screen and lets the TE, who i believe he had in man coverage, run right over the top for an easy score. Most complain and say our DB's are our major weakness, and for good reason cause our safeties get beat deep ALOT,  but it is my opinion our LBs are not good at one thing and are very bad at just about everything. 47 will make plays here and there but I am ready to see the younger guys play because 51 is not getting it done. And I know most on here dont want to face the facts because he is a home town kid but be honest with yourself. I hope he proves me wrong the rest of the year but I dont see it.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: hawgaddict on September 28, 2014, 04:03:08 pm
None!! Maybe the most disappointing player on the team so far this year. I really thought he would make big improvements from year 1 to 2, but, IMO, he is a liability instead. He chooses the wrong gap more times than not, often whiffs on 1 on 1 tackles, and my biggest problem with him, and we saw it several times yesterday, is lack of play recognition. First play of overtime he bites on a soft PA or fake screen and lets the TE, who i believe he had in man coverage, run right over the top for an easy score. Most complain and say our DB's are our major weakness, and for good reason cause our safeties get beat deep ALOT,  but it is my opinion our LBs are not good at one thing and are very bad at just about everything. 47 will make plays here and there but I am ready to see the younger guys play because 51 is not getting it done. And I know most on here dont want to face the facts because he is a home town kid but be honest with yourself. I hope he proves me wrong the rest of the year but I dont see it.

Ellis is 2nd on the team in tackles.

hawgmasta

Quote from: hawgaddict on September 28, 2014, 04:03:08 pm

If there was a better option they'd play it. He's the best we have right now and sure he messes up sometimes but that's part of the game. Skipper was being heralded as the most amazing chippy lineman ever but after his costly penalties people are ripping him. Ellis does his job just fine; maybe not an all-sec pick yet but solid.

pigbacon

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 28, 2014, 05:41:29 pm
Ellis is 2nd on the team in tackles.

And is a sophomore at that. The post ripping him is idiotic.